Firehouse Subs Interview Questions & Reviews

1.6

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Firehouse Subs in August 2013.

Very quick and easy process. The owner of the store was the one who interviewed me at the time. He asked when I would be available and what job position I would liked. No hard or specific questions even though I expected him to ask more, he didn't. The owner hired me on the spot. It felt like he was willing to hire just about anyone since the store is getting ready to open late August.

Interview Questions
    • What is your availability and what job position would you like?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Minimum wage at $9/hour

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Firehouse Subs in September 2013.

Applied for the job and a few days later received a call to come in about a week. Showed up a few minutes early and spoke to the manager. She didn't ask any questions like why I would like to work there, looked at my availability, and told me when I would start. She forgot to put me on the schedule for two weeks and a manger finally wrote me in but that was the only bump in starting there.

She hired me on the spot because I knew one of the other workers and he had put in a good word for me. Best thing to do at a job is to make sure you have great referrals.

Store Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Firehouse Subs.

This was a temporary job, that could have been more involved and lengthy, but it wasn't taken seriously by senior management. One interview, hired on spot, started the next week. Super simple, basic questions about life, didnt even read my resume, we talked on the phone and the GM said I sounded nice enough on the phone. Went in for one on one and filled out paperwork that day.

Be aware you will be doing all the work and held accountable for time keeping, mileage/gas logs, and follow-up (nearly) completely alone- its either you take it or leave it.

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Firehouse Subs.

I walked in and handed in my resume and they handed me an application. They then asked me to come in for an interview next week. At the Interview, they asked basic questions such as experience, hours I'm able to work, when I can start, etc. After the interview the interviewee told me next week he would call me. It's been 2 weeks and i still have not received a call back.

Interview Questions
    • If a crew member is unable to come in for work last minute and we call you to come in, would you be able to come in?   View Answer

Team Leader Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Firehouse Subs.

Had one interview with GM. Very basic, tell me about work exp., how are you with customer service, etc Was offered job on the spot, started working next day.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pinellas Park, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Pinellas Park, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Firehouse Subs in March 2014.

The management is rude, they won't give out applications, made to sit forever waiting for the manager to give an interview

Disorganized and rude management; manager had a bad attitude

Crew Member Interview

Applied in store. Two days later I received a call from the store manager to come in for a face-to-face interview. The interview was about 20 minutes long and we discussed my background and work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straightforward. They asked about prior experience in the restaurant industry.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

All-trained Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Firehouse Subs in September 2012.

I decided to put in an application in person by going to the particular store I wanted to work for. They called back in roughly 2 weeks and said they wanted to interview me. I did not prepare for the interview, I simply went in and showed enthusiasm. Their were no hard questions, just simple questions. I think the thing that showed them I was a good candidate is that I stated to them that I was ready to work.

Interview Questions
    • They did hand me a test, seeing if I knew all the ingredients on each sub. Therefore, study the menu and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Firehouse Subs in November 2013.

I applied online at snagajob.com. A few days later I received a call from one of the managers asking to set up an interview. We made plans for two days later. When I showed up to the interview it was very relaxed, I had to fill out an in-store application and then we talked for a few minutes. I was asked about previous employment and volunteer work. She told me that I had to take a test over the menu before I could officially be offered a job, so I was given a menu and told to come back the next day. After taking the test, I was given paperwork and told that I would begin training the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Daytona, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Daytona, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Firehouse Subs in July 2009.

I was given the crew manual to go over and given food as I waited on the interview to start, the manager was a little behind schedule.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee who you caught stealing?   View Answer
    Hours

Worked for Firehouse Subs? Contribute to the Community!