Firestone Complete Auto Care

51 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview Details – One interview, background and drug test. I was told to expect $1,500+ in bonus pay per month if top seller. Consistently was top performer and still didn't receive any bonus for months. Once bonus was received it was roughly $200 per month even though I was top performer. I was hired and interviewed for a location close to home and two days before starting received an email that I would be working close to an hour away from home for two weeks. Was left there for months and wouldn't have been moved without threatening legal action. Was told I word be working 5-10 hours of overtime per week which did not happen. Training, workplace environment, integrity, pay, corporate philosophy all misrepresented. Several people hired with active criminal records.

Negotiation Details – I was low-balled in my hourly base pay but was able to negotiate $1.50 per hour. If I would have known bonus structure was as misrepresented as it was I would have negotiated $5.00 more per hour and more than likely not have been hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in November 2010.

Interview Details – First of all you are usually recruited by either the Assistant District Manager or the District Manager unless you know someone in the company. Then they ask you the most basic sales questions like, "how would you sell this pen to me." Then they would critique your efforts and ask you what store you would like to work in even though they already have a store picked out for you.

Interview Question – There really isn't anything too difficult with these interviews because they already judge you before you speak.   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in August 2012.

Interview Details – Easy was hired by the district manager. Hired into a new store and a good environment. Depending on if your a service writer or tech depends on who you talk to.

Interview Question – What can you do to make the store better than last year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated based on that I had a degree for a $ more than he offered.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bridgestone Business Development Interview

Bridgestone Business Development

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview after submitting my resume when Bridgestone came to my college for the annual career fair. Spoke with the district HR manager and got scheduled to meet one of the store managers at a local Firestone Complete Autocare location to have an interview. The interview was not difficult. Just be prepared to answer basic questions like why you want to work for this company, tell me about yourself, etc.

Interview Question – I personally had no prior experience working anywhere else and this was going to my first internship so I got pretty flustered when she asked me why they should choose to hire me when there are several hundred other interns applying for the same job but have a much more experience than I do.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee
Jackson, MS

I applied online - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call to come in for an interview. Had to drive to another state and get a hotel room to meet with the district manager for the interview and learned that the position is just a sales job with the potential to be promoted. Was told that you will work AT LEAST 50 hours a week.

Interview Question – Normal questions what's your best quality, what's your worst quality. why would you be good at this job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Position posted was not what was offered.

C Tech Interview

C Tech

Interview Details – Applied online got called the next day for a short 1 on 1 interview and form filling. Few days later I got called back to take my drug test. Then later on a knowledge test. Not sure which came first to tell you the truth but I passed both then called me back after my background check cleared to talk pay and uniform sizes.

Interview Question – None just asked the process of an oil change and how to rack a vehicle and that's it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offered me $12 I asked for $13 and the manager gave it to me without hesitating. Makes me feel like I should have asked for more.

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee
Columbia, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in April 2014.

Interview Details – Met HR recruiter at college career fair and hand in resume. HR recruiter set up a phone interview after 3 weeks and offer one on one on site interview. Recruiter asked fairly easy questions based on past experience. Highlight customer service experience is a bonus.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have to deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question

ASE Certified Automotive Technician Interview

ASE Certified Automotive Technician

Interview Details – 1st a call, then the first interview with some simple computer tests, then the 2nd interview with HR where your hourly rate is discussed/negotiated. If you get through that you then have to take a urinalysis and physical plus pass the background check and D.M.V. check.

Interview Question – They ask you about your experience in the field like the technical aspects but only a question or two then they ask how much you want per hour, if you get along working in a team or alone, and they generally will low ball you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always ask for more than they initially try to give you.

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

SERVICE ADVISOR
Big Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed after a job fair. Interviewed with two Assistant District Managers. Both were professional and down to earth. Then had an interview with the store manager who also was/is professional and down to earth. All were/are great guys.

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview Details – The interveiwing was done by a very in experienced manager

Interview Question – There weren't any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no discussing of pay.

Worked for Firestone Complete Auto Care? Contribute to the Community!