Firestone Complete Auto Care

Firestone Complete Auto Care Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.1

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

One interview, background and drug test. I was told to expect $1,500+ in bonus pay per month if top seller. Consistently was top performer and still didn't receive any bonus for months. Once bonus was received it was roughly $200 per month even though I was top performer. I was hired and interviewed for a location close to home and two days before starting received an email that I would be working close to an hour away from home for two weeks. Was left there for months and wouldn't have been moved without threatening legal action. Was told I word be working 5-10 hours of overtime per week which did not happen. Training, workplace environment, integrity, pay, corporate philosophy all misrepresented. Several people hired with active criminal records.

Negotiation

I was low-balled in my hourly base pay but was able to negotiate $1.50 per hour. If I would have known bonus structure was as misrepresented as it was I would have negotiated $5.00 more per hour and more than likely not have been hired.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Charleston, WV) in July 2014.

Interview

Mostly asked about previous skills and I could bring in to Firestone to help achieve goals set by upper management. I think interview process was a little long with the background check and the drug test. I find my skills were not always used to benefit the company. I have a background in financial statements and understanding of trends of customer needs. Needs more attention of focus on getting trainee to management and better paying opportunities. Pay was to far apart for trainee versus store manager. difference of about 40 to 50k.

Interview Questions

• What skills would help with this position.   1 Answer

Bridgestone Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

Got a phone interview after submitting my resume when Bridgestone came to my college for the annual career fair. Spoke with the district HR manager and got scheduled to meet one of the store managers at a local Firestone Complete Autocare location to have an interview. The interview was not difficult. Just be prepared to answer basic questions like why you want to work for this company, tell me about yourself, etc.

Interview Questions

• I personally had no prior experience working anywhere else and this was going to my first internship so I got pretty flustered when she asked me why they should choose to hire me when there are several hundred other interns applying for the same job but have a much more experience than I do.   Answer Question

C Tech Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online got called the next day for a short 1 on 1 interview and form filling. Few days later I got called back to take my drug test. Then later on a knowledge test. Not sure which came first to tell you the truth but I passed both then called me back after my background check cleared to talk pay and uniform sizes.

Interview Questions

• None just asked the process of an oil change and how to rack a vehicle and that's it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered me $12 I asked for $13 and the manager gave it to me without hesitating. Makes me feel like I should have asked for more.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Jackson, MS) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to come in for an interview. Had to drive to another state and get a hotel room to meet with the district manager for the interview and learned that the position is just a sales job with the potential to be promoted. Was told that you will work AT LEAST 50 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions what's your best quality, what's your worst quality. why would you be good at this job.   Answer Question

Position posted was not what was offered.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Omaha, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

I was recruited at a career fair at the University of Nebraska in Omaha. They liked the fact that I was bilingual. The interview was easy. I talked with area manager at area office. It was hardly an interview. I felt like it was more of a conversation. The internship position was more of a learning opportunity for business majors to get exposed to management duties

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with cars? and What do you know about cars?   1 Answer

ASE Certified Automotive Technician Interview

Application

Interview

1st a call, then the first interview with some simple computer tests, then the 2nd interview with HR where your hourly rate is discussed/negotiated. If you get through that you then have to take a urinalysis and physical plus pass the background check and D.M.V. check.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your experience in the field like the technical aspects but only a question or two then they ask how much you want per hour, if you get along working in a team or alone, and they generally will low ball you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always ask for more than they initially try to give you.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Columbia, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

Met HR recruiter at college career fair and hand in resume. HR recruiter set up a phone interview after 3 weeks and offer one on one on site interview. Recruiter asked fairly easy questions based on past experience. Highlight customer service experience is a bonus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have to deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

The interveiwing was done by a very in experienced manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no discussing of pay.

ASE Certified Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Austin, TX).

Interview

One simple interview.

Negotiation

Easy as pie. No pressure.