Firestone Complete Auto Care

49 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through career services at my university, initial interview with the recruiter. Then, had another interview with the DM, and then the store manager. Took about 2 months for this whole process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management
Augusta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview Details – interview then drug test

Interview Question – tell me about different seniros   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview Details – I had two interviews one with the district manager by himself and a second interview with the district manager and the asst district manager both interviews lasted about 30 to 45 min.They asked a lot of sales and management questions how have you handled this situation type questions

Interview Question – most questions where easy   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 people in one day. process moved very quickly until the drug screening and background check. Took 3 weeks to get hired after the interview. Questions were common.

Interview Question – Asked why I was here... Money over anything else.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Automotive Technician Interview

Automotive Technician
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in September 2012.

Interview Details – Firestone called me from one of the many job sites posted on-line. They were interested in my military background. On the phone, they offered a starting pay of $18/hour. Upon arriving to the interview and answering basic questions about my knowledge of cars, they offered me an outstanding $12/hour. They went on to tell me that working 65+ hours per week at $12/hour would be a huge financial benefit. I declined the job, because they are looking for people who turn wrenches instead living an actual life with their families. At 65+ hours per work week, you are working the same as owning your own business.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – $12 hour as a starting technician would mean you are living with your parents or do not have a lot of bills or financial responsibilities. I have family and could not accept such a low starting pay. My military experience counted for absolutely nothing!

Very Easy Interview

Technician Interview

Technician
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in March 2013.

Interview Details – phone call after I posted a resume on career builder. took a physical, drug test and did some paper work. answered a few questions about military related injuries and was hired.

Management Trainee/Sales Teammate Interview

Management Trainee/Sales Teammate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a few weeks later. Had to drive to district office fo rthe interview, which was ~1 hour from where I live. I got to the store early and still had to wait because the interviewer was out of the office.

At first, the guy was nice but I could quickly tell he was only concerned with money. The general idea I took away from the interview was that the district manager only cared about the bottom line. He spent a lot of time bragging about how much he made last year and tearing apart my honest answers to his questions.

Even though I applied to a single location, the guy told me he "didn't know where he was going to put me" yet, and when I recieved my offer via email, they still couldn't tell me where I was going to be working. I was told I'd be expected to work 48 hours per week, and more than that if I wanted to move up at all. Work / life balance doesn't seem to matter.

Overall, I got the impression that the district management is only focused on the numbers, and expects a LOT of hard work and dedication to the company in order to get promotions. I would have felt better about the whole situation had the manager been more agreeable.

Interview Question – "I already have 300 employees. Why do I need 301?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided Firestone is not a company I'd enjoy working for. The environment seemed too harsh for my liking and it seems like they don't care very much about their employee's overall well-being as long as they bring in profits.

This might be a great company for someone who works well in tense / competitive environments, or a single guy/girl without a family to take care of.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Store Manager Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was recommend by the store manager at my local Firestone. Bert was very professional and detailed in explaining how the company works, it's future and strategies. After filling out the application on their website, I was then called by the District Manager and had an interview with him at the local office which went extremely well.

Interview Question – None really. Very down to earth and professional.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The hours would have taken away my family life.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interview Details – Interview started with store manager. 2nd interview was with district manager. Filled out a ton of paperwork. Background check. Went for physical exam and drug screening. The whole process is about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – What are you looking for from Firestone?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Justification and promises for terrible entry level offer.

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Sales Manager In Training
Homewood, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty simple I went in he asked why I was interested and after he said he will refer me to his regional manager. There are three interviews my first one was with the general manager of the store I would be working at, the second will be with the regional manager and the third will be with hr for my drug test.

Interview Question – The questions were simple although it did help to know about the company and to have a clear future plan of what you expect to be doing with your career.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Firestone Complete Auto Care