Firestone Complete Auto Care

2.0

General Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

sat in the waiting area for 2 hours after my appointment to talk with management. then came in talked about knowledge based questions and discussed scheduling issues. shop tour was conducted so i could see the environment conditions. drug test scheduled and then days later was accepted

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

interview then drug test

nothing

Manager of Tire Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in January 2014.

applied online. got a call from district recruiter. interviewed with recruiter and then store manager a day or two later. then the recruiter called me when the store manager approved me for hire in his store. As far as interview questions all generic. Just be likable and auto knowledge a huge plus.

Interview Questions
    • make sure you research firestone and know a little about the company also have a prepared question to ask at the end of interview. that always helps (to look interested in the company).   Answer Question
    definitely negotiated to get an extra buck an hour. I just said with my experience and auto background I can be a real asset so i would like more competitive pay and he gave me more.

Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

I had two interviews one with the district manager by himself and a second interview with the district manager and the asst district manager both interviews lasted about 30 to 45 min.They asked a lot of sales and management questions how have you handled this situation type questions

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in October 2013.

Interviewed after a job fair. Interviewed with two Assistant District Managers. Both were professional and down to earth. Then had an interview with the store manager who also was/is professional and down to earth. All were/are great guys.

Management Trainee/Sales Teammate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in August 2013.

I applied online and got a call a few weeks later. Had to drive to district office fo rthe interview, which was ~1 hour from where I live. I got to the store early and still had to wait because the interviewer was out of the office.

At first, the guy was nice but I could quickly tell he was only concerned with money. The general idea I took away from the interview was that the district manager only cared about the bottom line. He spent a lot of time bragging about how much he made last year and tearing apart my honest answers to his questions.

Even though I applied to a single location, the guy told me he "didn't know where he was going to put me" yet, and when I recieved my offer via email, they still couldn't tell me where I was going to be working. I was told I'd be expected to work 48 hours per week, and more than that if I wanted to move up at all. Work / life balance doesn't seem to matter.

Overall, I got the impression that the district management is only focused on the numbers, and expects a LOT of hard work and dedication to the company in order to get promotions. I would have felt better about the whole situation had the manager been more agreeable.

Interview Questions

I decided Firestone is not a company I'd enjoy working for. The environment seemed too harsh for my liking and it seems like they don't care very much about their employee's overall well-being as long as they bring in profits.

This might be a great company for someone who works well in tense / competitive environments, or a single guy/girl without a family to take care of.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in July 2013.

I was recommend by the store manager at my local Firestone. Bert was very professional and detailed in explaining how the company works, it's future and strategies. After filling out the application on their website, I was then called by the District Manager and had an interview with him at the local office which went extremely well.

Interview Questions

The hours would have taken away my family life.

Store Manager Interview

Interview started with store manager. 2nd interview was with district manager. Filled out a ton of paperwork. Background check. Went for physical exam and drug screening. The whole process is about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking for from Firestone?   View Answer
    Justification and promises for terrible entry level offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview was more of an information session. I was asked a few general interview questions, but the majority of the time was spent on how I can advance in the company. My interviewer was perfectly clear with me that if I worked hard and proved myself to the company I would move up through the ranks in no time.

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homewood, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homewood, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in April 2013.

The interview was pretty simple I went in he asked why I was interested and after he said he will refer me to his regional manager. There are three interviews my first one was with the general manager of the store I would be working at, the second will be with the regional manager and the third will be with hr for my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were simple although it did help to know about the company and to have a clear future plan of what you expect to be doing with your career.   Answer Question