Firestone Complete Auto Care

Unclaimed Profile

Firestone Complete Auto Care Manager Trainee Interview Questions

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Jackson, MS) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to come in for an interview. Had to drive to another state and get a hotel room to meet with the district manager for the interview and learned that the position is just a sales job with the potential to be promoted. Was told that you will work AT LEAST 50 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions what's your best quality, what's your worst quality. why would you be good at this job.   Answer Question

Position posted was not what was offered.

Other Interview Reviews for Firestone Complete Auto Care

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Columbia, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

Met HR recruiter at college career fair and hand in resume. HR recruiter set up a phone interview after 3 weeks and offer one on one on site interview. Recruiter asked fairly easy questions based on past experience. Highlight customer service experience is a bonus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have to deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

Saw ad online Replied with an application, Got a call for an interview with a store manager, Interviewed with store manager, Store manager referred me to District Manager, Interviewed with District Manager, Got job offer, Had to do medical examination

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

Applied on careerbuilder. Heard back from 3 Supervisors within a week. Scheduled interviews with 2. Both followed a similar questioning strategy; basic life history questions, behavioral questions, and management questions. Took a behavioral assessment. Second interview with store manager. Very brief and straight forward. Third interview with HR manager. Offer presented and accepted.

Interview Questions

• nothing really. All of the questions are very straight forward. Both asked "tell me about a time you had an upset customer". This question is VERY important.... FYI   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a lot of room to negotiate salary. Ask for a dollar more than they offer you and take it. Salary is not amazing (fair), but bonuses after protege program are FANTASTIC!

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through career services at my university, initial interview with the recruiter. Then, had another interview with the DM, and then the store manager. Took about 2 months for this whole process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Portland, OR) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online and about a month later, got a call from a district administrator. She set me up with an appointment with district management for an interview. Normal behavioral interview questions at district office. He called me later the same day to go to one of his stores to "interview" with a store manager. The store manager I talked to barely looked at my resume/cover letter and didn't ask too many questions. It turns out he was a former auto technician; really nice guy, excellent salesman, but terrible interviewer-- it was pretty much a done deal by the time I got there to talk with him.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame an obstacle/difficulty   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I started out in the basic sales position. I would push for the upper end of the hourly range and ask for an automatic raise at 6 months if you're hitting all your metrics. It seemed like people who got transferred to different stores a lot got raises and were making more than me-- I stayed in the same store for 2 1/2 years.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

In my district, the interview process is tedious. First interview is with district supervisor. Asks typical interview questions (goals, education, reasons for seeking employment). Second interview is with training store manager. In my case, it was about a 2 minute interview (manager just said, you seem good). Third interview was with regional HR manager. In total, took about 6 weeks. I understand this is rather typical for some districts, and not for others.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to sell tires?   1 Answer

Negotiation

short and sweet. there is not a lot of room on salary. The money comes from bonuses once you get a manager title! and the bonuses are SWEET.... if you can sell!

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online on indeed.com I got a phone call 5 hours later to come in for an interview. I was pretty surprised they seem desperate. My qualifications are not the strongest, still in school college kid. I got there early and they took me in anyways. I was interviewed by 2 district managers and they where very laid back. They mostly went over why i wanted to work there and what it entailed. How it is basically a sales position. You can expect to be promoted between 3-5 years. Which I respected because, it was all very honest. Seemed like nice guys and honest guys, which I was really thankful for. They went over the pay and the benefits for the position. It was 12.50 an hour and at least 8 hours of overtime where expected everyday. This was the base pay and on top of it was a commission plan. based on things you sold. Again they where very honest and didn't over hype it. They said I could expect to add a couple hundred bucks a month onto my salary. Nothing crazy, just an extra bump in pay. However they did say it is a sales position and they really expect you to sell. If you don't preform they don't want you.

Interview Questions

The fairly low pay and work life balance. I know you have to expect to work a lot in management, but I am not desperate at the moment and have better offers on the table. The pay comes out to 34k a year in my area working 48 hours a week. Not, horrible but not really exciting either. A solid job for someone who doesnt have other options or wants to break into the industry. However there are better companies with similar programs, that pay more.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care in May 2010.

Interview

the hiring process was very simple. i applied to the job posting on a website i was contacted then by the assistant of the regional manager. was instructed to go for a drug test and physical when i passed i was then contacted by the regional manager for a interview. interview went amazing heard back from him within bout 2 days and was off to new teammate orientation

Negotiation

simple