Firmenich

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Firmenich.

Off-site meeting with hiring manager and HR

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my current employer's financial ratios - became highly irritated and did not believe the numbers because they were so different from his industry's ratios. He was also very irritated that my current employer did not set up back-up coverage at the plant in the same way that he did at his.   View Answer

Procurement Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

The process took a weekinterviewed at Firmenich in December 2010.

I had a phone interview with the HR person initially. It lasted about an hour. Basic questions were asked, pertaining to the job description, what my job responsibilities were at my last job, why I left each job, what I've been doing since my last job, etc. Then I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview, at 5 pm. It was a panel interview with 4 people plus another on a speaker phone. They asked mainly behavioral questions, which didn't seem related to the job I was interviewing for, but rather related to the job I had last. It seemed I was asked a lot of plat-related questions, like what would I do if I saw someone doing an unsafe task in the plant. I was interviewing for a purchasing position, not a plant role. I know I would be interacting with those in the plant, but really.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if I saw someone doing an unsafe activity?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Firmenich in May 2010.

The interviews were one on one with 7 different people. They seem like very nice people. They did admit that they have many operationals problems since going live on SAP.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Firmenich in May 2010.

I first received an email notifying me that I was a candidate for the position and I should call to schedule a time for the interview. I had a 50 minute phone interview with an HR specialist where she asked general questions about my background. I was then asked to visit on site to interview with 3 other employees: the manager of the position (Account Manager), a manager at the same level (Account Manager), and a veteran project manager. The campus at Plainsboro is chic and contemporary, but I had a hard time finding it. Google map directions were completely wrong!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem creatively.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you sacrificed a short term reward for a long term goal.   View Answer
    • Tell me about how you have worked with people that have different views than you.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Firmenich in January 2010.

They ask a series of rigid questions. Instead of having an actual conversation, they would rather read off a piece of paper asking things such as, "give me a time when you", and "explain a time when you did X and what was the outcome". It comes across as insincere considering they are more interested in writing down the answers rather than look people in the eye and have an actual, personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • The repetitive questions all asking similar questions.   Answer Question
    They offered me a suitable hourly wage.