1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Procurement Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Firmenich (Newark, NJ) in December 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR person initially. It lasted about an hour. Basic questions were asked, pertaining to the job description, what my job responsibilities were at my last job, why I left each job, what I've been doing since my last job, etc. Then I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview, at 5 pm. It was a panel interview with 4 people plus another on a speaker phone. They asked mainly behavioral questions, which didn't seem related to the job I was interviewing for, but rather related to the job I had last. It seemed I was asked a lot of plat-related questions, like what would I do if I saw someone doing an unsafe task in the plant. I was interviewing for a purchasing position, not a plant role. I know I would be interacting with those in the plant, but really.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I saw someone doing an unsafe activity?   Answer Question