Firmenich

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Princeton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Firmenich in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact with recruiter through job posting online. 1:1 interview with HR, four members of mgmt team (4 hours total). Back again for 1:1 with Sales Director and VP. Back one more time for 1:1 with director of another team and HR. Total was approx. 3 weeks. Interview technique was STAR based--BE PREPARED! I practiced for two days prior to first interview.

Interview Question – What achievement are you most proud of?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had another offer on the table at the time, but the benefits and career advancement far outweighed the $ at this company. It was a higher offer, and I didn't negotiate. Offer was fair. What this company offers is amazing compared to others I've worked for.

Princeton, NJ

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Firmenich in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of meeting with the HR recruiter as initial interview (Firmenich has an excellent HR department). The 2nd interview was conducted with 3 members of the department (hiring manager, direct report, upper level manager). The third and final interview was with the VP of the division. The final step was with the HR recruiter to discuss the job offer.

Plainsboro, NJ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Firmenich in May 2010.

Interview Details – I first received an email notifying me that I was a candidate for the position and I should call to schedule a time for the interview. I had a 50 minute phone interview with an HR specialist where she asked general questions about my background. I was then asked to visit on site to interview with 3 other employees: the manager of the position (Account Manager), a manager at the same level (Account Manager), and a veteran project manager. The campus at Plainsboro is chic and contemporary, but I had a hard time finding it. Google map directions were completely wrong!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem creatively.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you sacrificed a short term reward for a long term goal.   View Answer
  • Tell me about how you have worked with people that have different views than you.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Firmenich

Worked for Firmenich? Contribute to the Community!