First Advantage

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.7

Verifications Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Advantage.

Contacted by phone saying they would like an interview. Day of interview: Spoke to day-to-day leader in the department and then head of department immediately after (possibly after getting the thumbs-up from first interviewer). After both interviews, initial interviewer returned and told me they would contact me within a few days with a decision. Contacted via phone two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • This position requires attention to detail...tell us an experience that shows your ability to see the details.   Answer Question
    Yes, I asked for a slight increase in the initial salary offer. Was notified the next day that the salary offer was upped to match my desired income and I accepted.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Advantage.

outside recruiter introduced me to hiring manager. Initial phone interview, then in-person meeting was scheduled. Then phone interviews with two other managers, then I received my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave a company you had been with for a long time to a competitor?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at First Advantage.

Had an initial phone screen, normal types of question, why are you looking for a new job, why first advantage, tell me why you would be a good fit for this role. Then called by for in person interview. Met with 3 people, one peer staff and my new hiring manager and their manager. They called two hours after and offered me the position

Interview Questions
    • They asked a specific accounting question in regards how I would account for deferred revenue.   Answer Question
    They offered me a salary with a 90 day contingency which increased by 3k after 90 days and successful review.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Advantage.

Fast, hurried, unclear, disorganized

Fine

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Advantage in January 2013.

I had two rounds of interviews, first over the phone and the second in person. Each were set up by a recruiter. Thes questions were pretty standard - tell us about a difficult experience and how you worked through it, tell us about your current job and why you're looking for another. Everyone seemed nice.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at First Advantage in January 2013.

Recruiter, interviews, offer

Fine

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Advantage.

One day-three interviews-Vice
    President first
    Other Risk Manager then
    20 year employee that used to do my job now a Safety loss Control

Interview Questions
    Salary was quite difficult to negotiate

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Advantage in November 2011.

Very slow process. First interview with hiring manager, general questions on background and skills, a lot of discussion on the company and department structure. Didnt't hear back for a month, when second interview was scheduled with hiring manager and two peers. In the interim the job description had changed and required managerial experience which I had very little of. Didn't get an offer. Nice people, seemed like a good work environment.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Advantage in October 2011.

Two telephone interviews, then a trip to St. Pete for a lunch interview with a VP.

Interview Questions
    • I brought a brag book, but it was suggested I leave it in the car.   View Answer
    None. I was happy with the offer.

Web Application Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at First Advantage in July 2011.

Interview was brief and rushed. I had a short one on one with the manager which was good but found out there most senior developer was only on the job 2 years and the manager had only been there a couple more years. The panel test was a little ridiculous, allot of questions asked about software and tool usage that would only be gained at this job.

Overall I didn't get a great feeling from the interview and was left in the interview room waiting for the manager only to be walked out by an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the difference between a sax parser and a dom parser?   View Answer