First Advantage

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at First Advantage in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, then phone interview with 2 managers and finally interview in person with manager/director. It took about 5 weeks

Interview Question – Seemed to take a long time to get phone interviews scheduled   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Advantage in October 2011.

Interview Details – Two telephone interviews, then a trip to St. Pete for a lunch interview with a VP.

Interview Question – I brought a brag book, but it was suggested I leave it in the car.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. I was happy with the offer.

Online Records Specialist II Interview

Online Records Specialist II
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Advantage in February 2009.

Interview Details – Included basic interview questions. Easy.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult about the interview. They will hire anyone willing to work like a mule for next to nothing/ very little pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase for this position. The tell you how much you will make and you accept or else you don't get the position. There is absolutely no flexibility with this.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at First Advantage.

Interview Details – Fast, hurried, unclear, disorganized

Negotiation Details – Fine

Project Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Advantage in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interviews, first over the phone and the second in person. Each were set up by a recruiter. Thes questions were pretty standard - tell us about a difficult experience and how you worked through it, tell us about your current job and why you're looking for another. Everyone seemed nice.

Interview Question – Mostly standard questions.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at First Advantage in April 2009.

Interview Details – Alerted to the job by employee referral, completed an application online, was soon called for a phone screen and then to visit and meet with a C-level executive. My interview took place at a time when the business was newly spun off as a subsidiary of a major financial corporation. It was relatively small, but on the grow and in acquisition mode when I interviewed. The formal interview process was straight-forward and just what I would have expected.

Interview Question – With the business newly separated from its corporate parent and in need of some of its own back office systems, I was asked about my past system implementation experience, how it related to the business needs of that time and how I would approach the process in a 2-3 minute detailed response. There were some follow-up questions, no unusual or unexpected questions as I recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I knew the general salary range for the job and I had decided what I felt was a reasonable and fair compensation level, given my experience. I waited until I was asked, among the last few minutes of the interview. I highlighted my applicable experience and what I would offer the business, and I suggested where I thought my compensation level should be.

Risk Management Interview

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Advantage.

Interview Details – One day-three interviews-Vice
President first
Other Risk Manager then
20 year employee that used to do my job now a Safety loss Control

Interview Question – do you have kids>   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was quite difficult to negotiate

Accounting Interview

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Advantage in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very slow process. First interview with hiring manager, general questions on background and skills, a lot of discussion on the company and department structure. Didnt't hear back for a month, when second interview was scheduled with hiring manager and two peers. In the interim the job description had changed and required managerial experience which I had very little of. Didn't get an offer. Nice people, seemed like a good work environment.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Web Application Developer Interview

Web Application Developer
Saint Petersburg, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at First Advantage in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was brief and rushed. I had a short one on one with the manager which was good but found out there most senior developer was only on the job 2 years and the manager had only been there a couple more years. The panel test was a little ridiculous, allot of questions asked about software and tool usage that would only be gained at this job.

Overall I didn't get a great feeling from the interview and was left in the interview room waiting for the manager only to be walked out by an employee.

Interview Question – Whats the difference between a sax parser and a dom parser?   View Answer

IT Interview

Pasadena, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at First Advantage in September 2007.

Interview Details – First a one on one interview with the Director of the department, then on another day a panel interview by senior members of the department.
     The atmosphere was relaxed, both interviews asked questions about knowledge and skill set, past experiences, as well as sort of "tell me about yourself" questions. To me this is the preferred style of interviews; I find too much formality a sign of a place I don't want to work.

Interview Question – The only time I think a question is difficult is if I've lied on my resume. If you're qualified I don't think there can be any difficult questions, but there can be difficult interviewers. In this case there was no BS to deal with, just an honest interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for me; I was interviewing for an entry level position, I received what I believe to be a fair offer and I took it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for First Advantage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Advantage interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by First Advantage employees and interview candidates.