First American

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Resolution Representative Interview

Claims Resolution Representative
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at First American in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to this company by a friend. I found their posting on Craigslist.com and applied via the link posted in the ad. I was contacted the next day by phone for a preliminary phone interview, and was asked to come in the next day for an interview. I arrived for the interview about 10 minutes early and waited in the lobby for my interviewer. This woman was a different woman than I spoke to initially on the phone, but was informed that this would be the case. She took me to her office and we had a pleasant interview which lasted about 20 minutes. She asked fairly normal interview questions, some of which were specific to the company or position. When the interview was over, she informed me that she would pass my information along to her supervisor and would be in touch by the end of the day with the outcome of the interview. (They were starting a training class in a few days and were trying to follow-up as quickly as possible because of this.) I left the building feeling positive, and two hours later I received a phone call from the first woman I spoke with, and she offered me the job contingent on passing a background check. I happily accepted.

Interview Question – What is your definition of responsibility?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The base pay offered was an acceptable amount and negotiation did not take place.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Claims Resolutions Representative Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at First American in November 2010.

Interview Details – Call from HR hiring manager to ask a few questions about your customer service perspective and to be provided with a vague explanation of the job duties. A sit down interview is set with a department supervisor, manager or the call center director, a computer aptitude test is taken. They ask about your ability to handle escalated calls.

Interview Question – None really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The compensation was from a range and stated they based off of experience. Not very negotiable on what they felt your experience is worth.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for First American? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First American Claims Resolutions Representative interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by First American employees and interview candidates.