First American Title

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

International Underwriter Interview

International Underwriter

I applied online and interviewed at First American Title.

Interview Details – Applied online and then received a phone screening a couple weeks later. I was called in to have an in person interview with two HR members. Easy interview and no trick questions.

Interview Question – Nothing surprising. Biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at First American Title.

Interview Details – One on one interviews, not to difficult. HR interviews you first and then brings you in front of management. Very standard highering process. Management tels HR to pay you as little as possible, they are very stingy here with pay grades. Not progressive in the least.

Interview Question – Questions were easy, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NIckel and dime you....don't give in!

Applications Specialist Interview

Applications Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at First American Title.

Interview Details – The hiring process was easy. I sumbitted my resume and I received a phone call immediately. The questions asked at the interview was easy and not difficult at all. However at that time I was only applying for an entry level postion. After my interview I only had to wait a couple of days and I recieved the phone call that I was hired.

Interview Question – What are your biggest disadvantages   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First American Title in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had one in person interview and it took about a week for them to get back o me. A good learning experience

Interview Question – Not too many difficult questions, mostly technical inquiries   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern, I was good with the initial offer

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First American Title in August 2012.

Interview Details – First American contacted me via the human resources division of the company for an over the phone interview. I then had three on site interviews two with the hiring manager who required additional staff and then a final with the senior staff member to see if I was a good fit for the business.

Interview Question – How many projects can you handle at one time? This seems straightforward enough but until the level of complexity, duration, staffing, team, can be assessed the answer is difficult to provide.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Their first offer met my salary request.

Title Examiner Interview

Title Examiner
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First American Title in January 2013.

Interview Details – General questions about past work experiences and tricky deals. Questions about how to deal with high pressure closings

Interview Question – Nothing I can remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate, just stay firm with they pretty much will meet it.

Escrow Assistant Interview

Escrow Assistant
San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at First American Title in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very busy offices. Usually a little understaffed and the employees can be stressed. Upper management will have your back if it should hit the fan and they are very knowledgeable with escrow and are willing to teach if you need extra assistance.

Interview Question – None....pretty straight forward interview. Just know your stuff when you go in to interview. They will ask you technical questions that you can't bluff your way through.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy. I knew going in what the salary and the benefits were.

Title Examiner Interview

Title Examiner
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First American Title.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR after applying on CareerBuilder.com, had one interview on the phone and two in person interviews with several managers 4 to be exact. Asked questions about daily life and how you take criticism and if you are independent. Kind of intimidating at first but once you be yourself, it wasn't that bad. They like funny and outgoing personalities, but the job requires different.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you were in a situation were you lost sales for a company and how did you respond? What did you learn?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no Negotiation, They offered a letter with no room for negotiation.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First American Title in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very efficient and timely. From the first application submission I was contacted within two weeks.
I had one phone interview with HR to ensure I met qualifications for the position. Then, I had a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. My perception of the interviewee was very positive. He had a gift of making a person feel comfortable, as if we were just having a conversation. A unique talent to find.
My third interview process was an in-person interview to meet the team. Again, I felt at ease and very comfortable.
Within a few weeks after the interviews I was offered a position.

Interview Question – For me the most difficult part of interview is when asked about a specific skill that I didn't have a lot of experience with at this moment.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Escrow Assistant/Funder Interview

Senior Escrow Assistant/Funder
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at First American Title in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was brought in by a temp service and bought out of my contract.

Negotiation Details – Pay rate and bonus

Interviews for Top Jobs at First American Title

Worked for First American Title? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First American Title interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by First American Title employees and interview candidates.