First American Title Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.6

Escrow Assistant Interview

The personal question asked my be illegal.

after I was hired a department supervisor say, " She has great qualification, but I will not hire her, she has 3 kids and one is handicap".
    I do believe that is a No No

Interview Questions
    The salary was set, and I accepted.

International Underwriter Interview

I applied online - interviewed at First American Title.

Applied online and then received a phone screening a couple weeks later. I was called in to have an in person interview with two HR members. Easy interview and no trick questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at First American Title.

One on one interviews, not to difficult. HR interviews you first and then brings you in front of management. Very standard highering process. Management tels HR to pay you as little as possible, they are very stingy here with pay grades. Not progressive in the least.

Interview Questions
    NIckel and dime you....don't give in!

Applications Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at First American Title.

The hiring process was easy. I sumbitted my resume and I received a phone call immediately. The questions asked at the interview was easy and not difficult at all. However at that time I was only applying for an entry level postion. After my interview I only had to wait a couple of days and I recieved the phone call that I was hired.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First American Title in May 2013.

I had one in person interview and it took about a week for them to get back o me. A good learning experience

Interview Questions
    • Not too many difficult questions, mostly technical inquiries   Answer Question
    As an intern, I was good with the initial offer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First American Title in August 2012.

First American contacted me via the human resources division of the company for an over the phone interview. I then had three on site interviews two with the hiring manager who required additional staff and then a final with the senior staff member to see if I was a good fit for the business.

Interview Questions
    • How many projects can you handle at one time? This seems straightforward enough but until the level of complexity, duration, staffing, team, can be assessed the answer is difficult to provide.   View Answer
    Their first offer met my salary request.

Title Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First American Title in January 2013.

General questions about past work experiences and tricky deals. Questions about how to deal with high pressure closings

Interview Questions
    Yes I was able to negotiate, just stay firm with they pretty much will meet it.

Escrow Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at First American Title in September 2010.

Very busy offices. Usually a little understaffed and the employees can be stressed. Upper management will have your back if it should hit the fan and they are very knowledgeable with escrow and are willing to teach if you need extra assistance.

Interview Questions
    • None....pretty straight forward interview. Just know your stuff when you go in to interview. They will ask you technical questions that you can't bluff your way through.   Answer Question
    easy. I knew going in what the salary and the benefits were.

Title Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First American Title.

Contacted by HR after applying on CareerBuilder.com, had one interview on the phone and two in person interviews with several managers 4 to be exact. Asked questions about daily life and how you take criticism and if you are independent. Kind of intimidating at first but once you be yourself, it wasn't that bad. They like funny and outgoing personalities, but the job requires different.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you were in a situation were you lost sales for a company and how did you respond? What did you learn?   View Answer
    There was no Negotiation, They offered a letter with no room for negotiation.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First American Title in September 2013.

The interview process was very efficient and timely. From the first application submission I was contacted within two weeks.
    I had one phone interview with HR to ensure I met qualifications for the position. Then, I had a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. My perception of the interviewee was very positive. He had a gift of making a person feel comfortable, as if we were just having a conversation. A unique talent to find.
    My third interview process was an in-person interview to meet the team. Again, I felt at ease and very comfortable.
    Within a few weeks after the interviews I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • For me the most difficult part of interview is when asked about a specific skill that I didn't have a lot of experience with at this moment.   View Answer

Worked for First American Title? Contribute to the Community!