First Annapolis

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Annapolis

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at First Annapolis in November 2010.

Submitted resume and received an email requesting an initial phone screen the next day.
    The phone interview was a few days later and lasted 30 minutes (very general questions were asked - i.e., what makes a good consultant?)
    Shortly after the phone screen I was invited to the office for the final round of interviews
    Final round interviews lasted approximately 5 hours and were conducted by 6 individuals (1:1) representing a mix of consultants, managers, and principals/partners

Interview Questions
    • Run me through each line item, tab-by-tab, in a financial model   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Annapolis in November 2008.

Had a quick one-on-one interview at my school that was conversational and behavioral. That lasted about 20 minutes. I was then invited to Baltimore to interview with 5 employees, ranging from partners to relatively new hires. The interview questions varied from conversational "Tell me about yourself" types to case interviews and financial discussions ("Walk me through building a DCF"). I was not well enough prepared for the interview, and didn't hear back. I knew I wouldn't.

Interview Questions
    • There was a pretty straightforward business case about market sizing and sales, but I couldn't get to the heart of it in time.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Annapolis in January 2008.

I had a one on one interview on campus, consisting mostly of cases. The pressure was high. Typical MBA questions --> WACC and valuation. A few weeks later they invited me to their offices, along with about a half dozen of my grad school colleagues. Again, case questions. Only the partners have the latitude to interview you free form. In that case, they are looking for who they want to work with.

They invited MBAs were cool guys, by the way, none of the yuppy scum were either invited or interested. But... one other consideration: First Annapolis is far more interested in "mental horsepower" than they are the standard behavioral questions. And, I think that is right on. I mean, "Tell me about a time you exhibited leadership?" Really?

FAC people are very bright and very specialized. It will take you no time to be engrossed in the subject matter. Payments are ubiquitous and fascinating. And lucrative.

I wasn't a first pick, so it took them a few weeks to come back with an offer. I would feel free to contact the HR person. It is a very comfortable atmosphere, and you rank ten times higher than her once you start.

Interview Questions
    • How would you value a company funded solely by equity?   View Answer
    They make a standard offer, which can be negotiated up, but only marginally. Ask for more, but be gracious about it. 5-7% extra and you're done.