First Annapolis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Linthicum, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Annapolis in November 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and received an email requesting an initial phone screen the next day.
The phone interview was a few days later and lasted 30 minutes (very general questions were asked - i.e., what makes a good consultant?)
Shortly after the phone screen I was invited to the office for the final round of interviews
Final round interviews lasted approximately 5 hours and were conducted by 6 individuals (1:1) representing a mix of consultants, managers, and principals/partners

Interview Question – Run me through each line item, tab-by-tab, in a financial model   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Linthicum, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Annapolis in January 2008.

Interview Details – I had a one on one interview on campus, consisting mostly of cases. The pressure was high. Typical MBA questions --> WACC and valuation. A few weeks later they invited me to their offices, along with about a half dozen of my grad school colleagues. Again, case questions. Only the partners have the latitude to interview you free form. In that case, they are looking for who they want to work with.

They invited MBAs were cool guys, by the way, none of the yuppy scum were either invited or interested. But... one other consideration: First Annapolis is far more interested in "mental horsepower" than they are the standard behavioral questions. And, I think that is right on. I mean, "Tell me about a time you exhibited leadership?" Really?

FAC people are very bright and very specialized. It will take you no time to be engrossed in the subject matter. Payments are ubiquitous and fascinating. And lucrative.

I wasn't a first pick, so it took them a few weeks to come back with an offer. I would feel free to contact the HR person. It is a very comfortable atmosphere, and you rank ten times higher than her once you start.

Interview Question – How would you value a company funded solely by equity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They make a standard offer, which can be negotiated up, but only marginally. Ask for more, but be gracious about it. 5-7% extra and you're done.

Worked for First Annapolis? Contribute to the Community!