First Citizens BancShares

Relevance Date Difficulty

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Citizens BancShares in May 2010.

Interview Details – After being laid off, two former coworkers had advised me that their earlier experiences working at First Citizens was poor. After having attended an interview there, I agree. The phone interview went very well, but later when I arrived (on time) for the face-to-face interview the hiring manager came out po'd about something. I later learned he was angry at his boss. The manager came into the interview with a negative attitude, and had a chip on his shoulder during the interview. I next interviewed with his boss, who was a loud mouthed, overly friendly, self-important blowhard. No wonder his subordinate was upset. A highly unprofessional experience, and a complete waste of my time. Never again. Also, HR probably needs to be outsourced. They are not a useful group. Additionally, they had me fill out extensive documentation with *alot* of personal information to be turned over to them as a condition to the face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Unprofessional, small-minded managers.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for First Citizens BancShares? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Citizens BancShares Information Technology interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by First Citizens BancShares employees and interview candidates.