First Citizens Bancorporation

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Citizens Bancorporation

Teller (Full Time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online – interviewed at First Citizens Bancorporation in May 2014.

Applied online at fistcitizensonline.com, took a skills assessment test, received notification (auto) that application and assessment were received. Was emailed by an HR rep asking for best time to call and conduct 15 minute interview, after phone call was invited to interview in person. The interview was completely unprofessional. The interviewers were late, were laughing in a back room at a level that was loud enough for those in the main lobby to hear, ( when they finally came out, tried to point out they weren't laughing at me) just weird. The interview was extremely uncomfortable and I did not feel was taken seriously. After an hour of wasting my time talking about the position, benefits, and what they'd like....the interview ended on an extremely weird note when the interviewer just stared at me for a solid minute and said "uhhhh, ok so.... this is awkward, we're going to DE brief so you can leave now" then laughs. Overall, this is not a company I'd ever feel comfortable working for and I'm extremely disgusted.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with the South Carolina cholesterol charts?   View Answer
    • Are you comfortable dealing with perverts on a daily basis?   View Answer
    • What are you looking for in an employer?   View Answer

Teller Floater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at First Citizens Bancorporation.

Applying is done online at firstcitizensonline.com. A few days later you're given a call by HR to meet in Columbia. You do a pre-teller evaluation test that involves a short video. You interview w/branch manager or market exec. Casual; nothing difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? Any questions for us? Be prepared to give a nice short answer to those.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. HR called and offered the job and gave the hourly wage ($10.) I accepted.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online – interviewed at First Citizens Bancorporation.

2 interviews, one with HR and the second with Market Executive and Branch Manager

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation with and upset customer and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Private Banking Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Citizens Bancorporation in April 2010.

First contacted the hiring manager. Spoke with hiring manager for 1 hour on phone. HR followed up and administered an online personality test. Had a 2 hour one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. I provided the hiring manager with a business plan on how I would handle the role. The next round was with partner leadership which I did not make. They found someone they liked better than me and they are hiring that person.