First Convenience Bank Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2015

2.4

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Interviewed once with 2 managers and a second time with district manager after a phone interview with the recruiter. Talked about sales goals, team, dependability, availability. District Manager asked about personal goals in life and seemed more focused on getting to know and understand me as an individual to determine if I was the right fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Levelland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Convenience Bank (Levelland, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. She filled me in on the company and the job and asked if I still wanted to interview at the branch. I said yes and she scheduled my interview. The interview with the branch manager was fairly easy. She asked me the usual interview questions. She then handed me her phone and told me to pitch it to her to prove that I could sell. I passed the interview with her and she set me up with a phone interview with the district manager. That interview was mostly just assuring the district manager that I felt comfortable with the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't prepared to deliver a sales pitch, but it worked out.   Answer Question

Personal Banker III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Convenience Bank.

Interview

The hiring process is quite lengthy. It is a 3 interview process, which at sometime quite scary. You can be interviewed by one individual or a group of individuals (which I was).

Interview Questions

• Just understand when in the interview they will cover cash handling and customer service over and over again. They will also touch on branch cleanliness and sales a lot. Make sure you get prepared mentally for this job because the interview doesn't put into words what you will learn your first six months.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was emails between the district manager and recruiter.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Convenience Bank in August 2014.

Interview

First interview was on the phone. Then I had two face to face with three other managers and the DM. They were behind every interview I had. One time I even had to leave for about a hour and come back.

Senior Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at First Convenience Bank (Dallas, TX).

Interview

You have about 3 interview. over the phone, with your manager and with corporate

Negotiation

I told them at the time that I was in school and they let me pick my hours

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at First Convenience Bank.

Interview

My initial interview was a very typical interview. The only problem I had was that the manager for the location I would be starting at seemed a little uneducated. More of her having the job because of seniority not because she knew how to do it. They said they had several other interviews to complete and I would hear something back within a week. All of their questions were scripted by human resources so there was nothing unusual there.

Interview Questions

• "Sell me this cup of coffee." Apparently they wanted to make sure we could sell anything, since it is highly sales related position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They handed you a paper with what your base pay was for the position. It might be different for a higher position.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at First Convenience Bank (Arlington, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people; All bank managers from different branches including the one for which I was interviewing. They all proceeded to ask me stereotypical questions like: What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? What motivates you?

Interview Questions

• Sell me this. Why should I buy your product over a competitor's product. What's so special about your product?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at First Convenience Bank in September 2013.

Interview

It was a bit intimidating seeing that their three managers in your interview. Two branch managers and your district manager. And then they take you out to see if you can talk to someone about an account which you have no knowledge of so if i were you id brush up on some of their accounts and stuff

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at First Convenience Bank (Arlington, TX).

Interview

Interview was initiated by a phone call to come in and have a "get to know you" interview with the human resource manager. Followed by a group interview, you vs the branch managers of the district. Very fun interview, you could tell they were all friends. Then I was called back for a final in branch interview where you meet who you will be working with and they give you a clearer picture of your job duties.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question they asked me how I planned to achieve my monthly goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because I had no experience in the industry.

Personal Banker II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at First Convenience Bank in December 2012.

Interview

My interview process was easy because I remained calm, collected and confident. They ask many value and moral based questions. Likely, the most important question to them is "What are your feelings about sales jobs? Do you like or dislike them?" I recommend you respond honestly to this one especially. They probably won't hire you for this position if you say no, but if you say yes and don't mean, you probably won't enjoy work. It really is a fun environment with nice people and starting pay for entry level is normally around $10.00/hr which is more than I've seen for starting at other banks.

Interview Questions

• Something the manager may have you do as part of your interview process is to go out in the aisles and try to sell something (like a pen). This isn't to embarrass you at all. It is simply to see how easy it is for you to go up and talk to strangers. The whole purpose of going and "selling" is to create new customer relationships. That's the only thing you'll ever be selling there. If you're not good at it, don't worry, there are many people willing to teach and give you pointers to get better. After a couple days, it starts to come natural.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation process is easy if you know what you're worth and can back it up.