First Data

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Data in September 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online, get a call if they are interested, then interview with Sales Director, Interview with Vice President, then you will recived job offer from HR.
Travel to Atlanta for tranning.

Interview Question – What set you apart from others candidates   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negociation

Marietta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very laid back with basic questions

Interview Question – They ask for an example of your selling techniques you would use   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real Negotiation

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Data in April 2013.

Interview Details – Three interviews.

The first two interviews were very basic. I met with the sales director and we chatted about a variety of things. Interview went very well.

Second interview was a 20 min phone interview with another sales director which went well and was very easy.

Third interview was a little more intense. VP along with the sales director. Some questions about why you chose sales.

Interview Question – Why sales. Sell me your phone   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate ; unless you speak another language and then you may get a base salary bump.

Interviewed at First Data

Interview Details – Sent resume, applied online, conducted two interviews and a background check.

Interview Question – What business to business sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Aurora, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at First Data in April 2012.

Interview Details – When entering into office, there was no receptionist, only log-in book with scarce instructions. I arrived 15 minutes early, and wandered if I am at the right place, since the office seemed abandoned. Later on I found out that the rest of people- account executives were in the other part of the office, but it seemed too quiet for a call center atmosphere.

Interview Question – Role playing of a telephone call with a difficult potential client.   Answer Question

Canton, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at First Data in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed and thorough Not too complicated Asked basic questions. Same interview 3 times. Little mundane

Interview Question – Describe your worst failure   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Account Executive

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Data in August 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke on the phone with the recruiting manager and she was very nice. We pretty much talked about my previous jobs, and my history in sales. Everything was basic, didn't ask me any hard questions which was nice considering interviews scare the crap out of me. There were two phone interviews which took about 30mins each. Took about a week to get back to me and then I was offered a job.

Interview Question – Why would you be good for this position?   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at First Data in January 2010.

Interview Details – I reached out to the hiring manager directly. The job was an internal posting. I was able to schedule a in person interview to discuss the position and benefits. The interview was very laid back and the manger was down to earth. I felt comfortable asking questions and going through mock sales.

Interview Question – How would you market our product (gift card) to a new business owner?   View Answer

Worked for First Data? Contribute to the Community!