First Data

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at First Data.

Company recruiter contacted me and we had a good phone interview which was comprehensive. Proceeded to have no less than five on site interviews in five different locations. This was a very senior level position, but they could not find the right fit for my skills. Talked to all the senior execs in the company. Met the new CEO and CIO. Eventually, they were reluctant to extend an offer. They suggested a consulting arrangement for a trial period. I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Just get to know you questions. No formal interview processes or behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at First Data in August 2014.

Applied on company website. Then several days later received an invite to a numerical reasoning test is an adaptive test, this means it is smart! The more questions you answer correctly, the harder it gets until the system is satisfied that it has determined your natural aptitude. This is a common approach to testing in competency >>"BEWARE ROCKET SCIENTIST TEST".

Several days later got a call from a "Sr. Recruiter". Talked about my resume same old stuff like any other phone interview nothing out of the norm. Then received and invite to interview on a 1:1 with regional sales manager. Interview went very quick, tell me about yourself business and and he went on to present the companies new product, etc. etc. Noticed H.R. rep at office door ready to move the next candidate through.Left that office with a high level assurance, got to sell yourself in the time they give you.

The next day got an e-mail form the regional. E-mail included instructions on what they would need from me to move to the next level. They pretty much wanted me to give them a sixty forecast based on some business models and other information.

I deceived to take an offer with another company, instead of moving forward. Company offered allot of perks, off site working, laptop, phone etc. They had a lower then expected base pay however had a nice eight month ramp up.

Interview Questions
    • The interview style was nothing short of average, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First Data.

Hiring process is very laid back with basic questions

Interview Questions
    • They ask for an example of your selling techniques you would use   Answer Question
    No real Negotiation

Accounting Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data in March 2014.

The entire interviewing process was very easy, everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. Despite repeated signals and comments of being the best qualified candidate and that " everyone was very impressed" I did not receive an offer. Plain explanation of "we decided to go with an internal candidate".

Director of IT Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Data.

Contacted after application. Spoke with corporate recruiter and found out that compensation was too low for my education/credentials/certifications/experience. Then was told by recruiter that it was up to the hiring manager. Had a call with the hiring manager- positive feedback. Had a call with another hiring manager- positive feedback. Passed panel interview with team of eight technical folks and initial hiring manager. Weeks between each interview. Then I was told there was an offer and they were ready to extend it to me. I then hear that they want another interview which was technical also and went very well according to the interviewer. I was then contacted by the recruiter and told they were not looking for a leader and could not extend the offer. Took another competing offer instead.

Interview Questions
    • None, the most difficult technical questions were easy. Folks were very respectful throughout the process.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Data in April 2013.

Three interviews.

The first two interviews were very basic. I met with the sales director and we chatted about a variety of things. Interview went very well.

Second interview was a 20 min phone interview with another sales director which went well and was very easy.

Third interview was a little more intense. VP along with the sales director. Some questions about why you chose sales.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate ; unless you speak another language and then you may get a base salary bump.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Data in February 2013.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. It began with an online application. A couple weeks or so passed and was contacted by HR for a phone screening. During that process it was basically a general background review plus the opportunity to gain insight into the culture of the company overall. The same day or the next day scheduled an interview to go meet with the hiring manager. That was a discussion into my background plus an opportunity to learn about the team and the role a bit more. A week or so later was contacted for another round of interviews to meet with a couple more individuals from FP&A

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in the company?
      How does your experience relate to the role?
      How do you handle conflict?
      In a few words describe you personality?

View Answer

Director, Process Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at First Data in November 2012.

First screened by HR, had a short phone interview with the hiring manager, then met in person with the team of four others who would be peers and support people. The hiring manager was not able to stay in the room of the face to face interview. I never heard back from anyone either way, and the hiring manager would not return my phone calls asking for feedback. Up til the then, the process seemed professionally handled.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out as difficult or unexpected. I thought that I was a very good fit and that I did well in the interview.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at First Data in October 2012.

process took many months but was not extraordinary in that way. I met all the right people

Interview Questions
    • Think of the most difficult crisis situation in the world. How would you handle it?   Answer Question
    negotiated base and signing bonus

Senior Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Data in June 2012.

I was called by a recruiter who sent me information about the job. I was already entertaining another offer, so I mentioned that it would need to be a fairly fast process. I was put in touch with the HR person at First Data who set up a next-day interview for my soon-to-be boss. The interview was straightforward and we spoke at length about the opportunity and my previous experience in the same industry. There were not many technical questions as he did not know any details about mobile development.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. They came back the first time with a salary that was 5k more than what I was asking.