First Data Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.9

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at First Data.

Overall, the process went smoothly over a span of 4+ weeks. I received a call from a recruiter in HR asking me if I wanted to have a 1:1 with the Director. The interview was roughly 45 minutes followed by a tour of the office. I was one of the earlier applicants interviewed so a decision wouldn't be made for another two weeks. I received a call a week later from HR saying the Director wanted to bring me on board and provided me with a contingent offer. Went through the background check, drug test, and salary negotiation. Received a call about a week later from HR congratulating me on getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. I have a unique education background so we spent a good amount of time talking about that.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Data.

Overall, they had a very straight forward process that moved smoothly based on management by the executive recruiter. Total time from first contact to offer was approximately one month in duration. Process steps included:
    1. Recruiter Phone Screen
    2. HR Phone Screen
    3. Hiring Manager Phone
    4. Campus Visit (5x In-Person Interviews)
    5. Offer Extended/Negotiated

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Data.

Connected with executive search firm through networking. Spoke with external executive recruiters first - multiple phone interviews. Then interviewed in person with head of executive recruiting. Very professional person and I enjoyed our conversation. We had a great conversation about the role and organization, and then we discussed my experience, background, and organization-building capability. Nothing unusual asked. I was very interested in role.

Interview Questions
    • None. Very common asked questions about background and experience.   Answer Question

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

interviewed at First Data in January 2015.

Very disappointed. I was rescheduled an hour beforehand, I had to wait nearly half an hour before being interviewed. I declined to continue with the interview process. I wrote a follow up email concerning the experience and I did not hear back from the recruiter or hiring manager.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at First Data.

Company recruiter contacted me and we had a good phone interview which was comprehensive. Proceeded to have no less than five on site interviews in five different locations. This was a very senior level position, but they could not find the right fit for my skills. Talked to all the senior execs in the company. Met the new CEO and CIO. Eventually, they were reluctant to extend an offer. They suggested a consulting arrangement for a trial period. I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Just get to know you questions. No formal interview processes or behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at First Data in August 2014.

Applied on company website. Then several days later received an invite to a numerical reasoning test is an adaptive test, this means it is smart! The more questions you answer correctly, the harder it gets until the system is satisfied that it has determined your natural aptitude. This is a common approach to testing in competency >>"BEWARE ROCKET SCIENTIST TEST".

Several days later got a call from a "Sr. Recruiter". Talked about my resume same old stuff like any other phone interview nothing out of the norm. Then received and invite to interview on a 1:1 with regional sales manager. Interview went very quick, tell me about yourself business and and he went on to present the companies new product, etc. etc. Noticed H.R. rep at office door ready to move the next candidate through.Left that office with a high level assurance, got to sell yourself in the time they give you.

The next day got an e-mail form the regional. E-mail included instructions on what they would need from me to move to the next level. They pretty much wanted me to give them a sixty forecast based on some business models and other information.

I deceived to take an offer with another company, instead of moving forward. Company offered allot of perks, off site working, laptop, phone etc. They had a lower then expected base pay however had a nice eight month ramp up.

Interview Questions
    • The interview style was nothing short of average, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data in May 2014.

Applied on a Tuesday, EA to my boss set a phone interview for the following Monday; in person that Thursday, team interviews on the phone on Friday, offer the following week.

Interview Questions
    When presented the original offer, I negotiated a 15% increase in salary, an increase of 10% bonus and a week of extra vacation.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First Data.

Hiring process is very laid back with basic questions

Interview Questions
    • They ask for an example of your selling techniques you would use   Answer Question
    No real Negotiation

Accounting Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data in March 2014.

The entire interviewing process was very easy, everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. Despite repeated signals and comments of being the best qualified candidate and that " everyone was very impressed" I did not receive an offer. Plain explanation of "we decided to go with an internal candidate".

Director of IT Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Data.

Contacted after application. Spoke with corporate recruiter and found out that compensation was too low for my education/credentials/certifications/experience. Then was told by recruiter that it was up to the hiring manager. Had a call with the hiring manager- positive feedback. Had a call with another hiring manager- positive feedback. Passed panel interview with team of eight technical folks and initial hiring manager. Weeks between each interview. Then I was told there was an offer and they were ready to extend it to me. I then hear that they want another interview which was technical also and went very well according to the interviewer. I was then contacted by the recruiter and told they were not looking for a leader and could not extend the offer. Took another competing offer instead.

Interview Questions
    • None, the most difficult technical questions were easy. Folks were very respectful throughout the process.   Answer Question