First Data

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Marietta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very laid back with basic questions

Interview Question – They ask for an example of your selling techniques you would use   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real Negotiation

Director of IT Security Interview

Director of IT Security
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Contacted after application. Spoke with corporate recruiter and found out that compensation was too low for my education/credentials/certifications/experience. Then was told by recruiter that it was up to the hiring manager. Had a call with the hiring manager- positive feedback. Had a call with another hiring manager- positive feedback. Passed panel interview with team of eight technical folks and initial hiring manager. Weeks between each interview. Then I was told there was an offer and they were ready to extend it to me. I then hear that they want another interview which was technical also and went very well according to the interviewer. I was then contacted by the recruiter and told they were not looking for a leader and could not extend the offer. Took another competing offer instead.

Interview Question – None, the most difficult technical questions were easy. Folks were very respectful throughout the process.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at First Data in October 2012.

Interview Details – process took many months but was not extraordinary in that way. I met all the right people

Interview Question – Think of the most difficult crisis situation in the world. How would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated base and signing bonus

Senior Applications Architect Interview

Senior Applications Architect
Sandy Springs, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at First Data in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter who sent me information about the job. I was already entertaining another offer, so I mentioned that it would need to be a fairly fast process. I was put in touch with the HR person at First Data who set up a next-day interview for my soon-to-be boss. The interview was straightforward and we spoke at length about the opportunity and my previous experience in the same industry. There were not many technical questions as he did not know any details about mobile development.

Interview Question – None. The interview was pretty easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. They came back the first time with a salary that was 5k more than what I was asking.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Data in April 2013.

Interview Details – Three interviews.

The first two interviews were very basic. I met with the sales director and we chatted about a variety of things. Interview went very well.

Second interview was a 20 min phone interview with another sales director which went well and was very easy.

Third interview was a little more intense. VP along with the sales director. Some questions about why you chose sales.

Interview Question – Why sales. Sell me your phone   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate ; unless you speak another language and then you may get a base salary bump.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Data in November 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter then phone screen with hiring manager. The phone screen with potential peers. The in-person interview with hiring manager and a couple of others.

Interview Question – General interview questions about my experience. Not a behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We were very close on exectations so it was very smooth

Director, Process Improvement Interview

Director, Process Improvement
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at First Data in November 2012.

Interview Details – First screened by HR, had a short phone interview with the hiring manager, then met in person with the team of four others who would be peers and support people. The hiring manager was not able to stay in the room of the face to face interview. I never heard back from anyone either way, and the hiring manager would not return my phone calls asking for feedback. Up til the then, the process seemed professionally handled.

Interview Question – Nothing stood out as difficult or unexpected. I thought that I was a very good fit and that I did well in the interview.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Data in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward. It began with an online application. A couple weeks or so passed and was contacted by HR for a phone screening. During that process it was basically a general background review plus the opportunity to gain insight into the culture of the company overall. The same day or the next day scheduled an interview to go meet with the hiring manager. That was a discussion into my background plus an opportunity to learn about the team and the role a bit more. A week or so later was contacted for another round of interviews to meet with a couple more individuals from FP&A

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the company?
How does your experience relate to the role?
How do you handle conflict?
In a few words describe you personality?
  View Answer

Warehouse Interview

Warehouse
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at First Data in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on a Friday. Received a phone call on Monday for a phone interview. Had a 1 on 1 interview on Wednesday. Was offered a job the following Monday. My only suggestion is to make sure you are knowledgeable about the company and what they generally do. Be able to describe how you are the right fit for the job and have the background to back it up.

Interview Question – The proudest moment as an employee   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on pay. biweekly pay

Acct Executive Interview

Acct Executive
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at First Data in December 2009.

Interview Details – One short face to face interview, 1:1, phone interview, 1:1

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for First Data? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Data interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by First Data employees and interview candidates.