First Data Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.7

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a hiring manager who ws cool and very helpful. I was called less than a week after to interview with a Director. Interview went pretty well and I would say was relax. The Director, promised to get back to me after coming back from vacation but unfortunately never did. I called 2 weeks later to find out that an inside employee got the job as probabl a promotion, which is good. I just whish somebody got back to me to tell me my application was not successful. Especially when your applications still says "Unde Review". Unfortunately, some people are simply careless about how you feel when you are desperately seeking for a job. They would rather let you keep hoping until you just forget about it.

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Overall, the process went smoothly over a span of 4+ weeks. I received a call from a recruiter in HR asking me if I wanted to have a 1:1 with the Director. The interview was roughly 45 minutes followed by a tour of the office. I was one of the earlier applicants interviewed so a decision wouldn't be made for another two weeks. I received a call a week later from HR saying the Director wanted to bring me on board and provided me with a contingent offer. Went through the background check, drug test, and salary negotiation. Received a call about a week later from HR congratulating me on getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. I have a unique education background so we spent a good amount of time talking about that.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Overall, they had a very straight forward process that moved smoothly based on management by the executive recruiter. Total time from first contact to offer was approximately one month in duration. Process steps included: 1. Recruiter Phone Screen 2. HR Phone Screen 3. Hiring Manager Phone 4. Campus Visit (5x In-Person Interviews) 5. Offer Extended/Negotiated

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Connected with executive search firm through networking. Spoke with external executive recruiters first - multiple phone interviews. Then interviewed in person with head of executive recruiting. Very professional person and I enjoyed our conversation. We had a great conversation about the role and organization, and then we discussed my experience, background, and organization-building capability. Nothing unusual asked. I was very interested in role.

Interview Questions

• None. Very common asked questions about background and experience.   Answer Question

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

interviewed at First Data (Marietta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very disappointed. I was rescheduled an hour beforehand, I had to wait nearly half an hour before being interviewed. I declined to continue with the interview process. I wrote a follow up email concerning the experience and I did not hear back from the recruiter or hiring manager.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview followed by an in person interview. Clearly they had been interviewing lots of candidates that day; the interviewer was older and seemed to have been reciting the same thing all day. Very little flexibility; the job seemed to be 'here's your territory and your defined sales channel, just work it'. I let them know that, due to the location and sales restrictions, that I wouldn't be pursuing the position.

Manager of IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at First Data (Marietta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Single 90 min interview with hiring manager and team member. Selected for alternate position and asked to come back in for 1 hour 1:1 with no knowledge of title or job description. Followed by 30 minute phone interview with VP.

Interview Questions

• Is it more important that someone be technically knowledgeable or adaptable?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation, but offer was higher than expected.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on company website. Then several days later received an invite to a numerical reasoning test is an adaptive test, this means it is smart! The more questions you answer correctly, the harder it gets until the system is satisfied that it has determined your natural aptitude. This is a common approach to testing in competency >>"BEWARE ROCKET SCIENTIST TEST". Several days later got a call from a "Sr. Recruiter". Talked about my resume same old stuff like any other phone interview nothing out of the norm. Then received and invite to interview on a 1:1 with regional sales manager. Interview went very quick, tell me about yourself business and and he went on to present the companies new product, etc. etc. Noticed H.R. rep at office door ready to move the next candidate through.Left that office with a high level assurance, got to sell yourself in the time they give you. The next day got an e-mail form the regional. E-mail included instructions on what they would need from me to move to the next level. They pretty much wanted me to give them a sixty forecast based on some business models and other information. I deceived to take an offer with another company, instead of moving forward. Company offered allot of perks, off site working, laptop, phone etc. They had a lower then expected base pay however had a nice eight month ramp up.

Interview Questions

• The interview style was nothing short of average, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Company recruiter contacted me and we had a good phone interview which was comprehensive. Proceeded to have no less than five on site interviews in five different locations. This was a very senior level position, but they could not find the right fit for my skills. Talked to all the senior execs in the company. Met the new CEO and CIO. Eventually, they were reluctant to extend an offer. They suggested a consulting arrangement for a trial period. I declined.

Interview Questions

• Just get to know you questions. No formal interview processes or behavioral questions.   Answer Question

First Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Data (Marietta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was great. I was interviewed by my supervisor which really gave me an opportunity to meet with the person who would be leading me. It was an awesome experience not as tense as most other companies and also it gave me a lot of perspective of the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer needed assistance with something that you were not able to assist with, how did you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this position