First Data

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Data in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on company website. Then several days later received an invite to a numerical reasoning test is an adaptive test, this means it is smart! The more questions you answer correctly, the harder it gets until the system is satisfied that it has determined your natural aptitude. This is a common approach to testing in competency >>"BEWARE ROCKET SCIENTIST TEST".

Several days later got a call from a "Sr. Recruiter". Talked about my resume same old stuff like any other phone interview nothing out of the norm. Then received and invite to interview on a 1:1 with regional sales manager. Interview went very quick, tell me about yourself business and and he went on to present the companies new product, etc. etc. Noticed H.R. rep at office door ready to move the next candidate through.Left that office with a high level assurance, got to sell yourself in the time they give you.

The next day got an e-mail form the regional. E-mail included instructions on what they would need from me to move to the next level. They pretty much wanted me to give them a sixty forecast based on some business models and other information.

I deceived to take an offer with another company, instead of moving forward. Company offered allot of perks, off site working, laptop, phone etc. They had a lower then expected base pay however had a nice eight month ramp up.

Interview Question – The interview style was nothing short of average, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director
Kansas City, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – First interview was with US Sales Vice President, standard questions about my background, strengths, weaknesses, and how I would motivate a sales force. My second interview was a 1:1 in person with Regional Vice President, again questions were pretty standard with the addition of a question about "what challenge do I perceive will need to be overcome upon acceptance of the position." Third interview was with a regional Sales Director, once again pretty standard with the addition of request for my 30/60/90 day action plan. Final interview was with Senior Vice President who made the verbal job offer.

Interview Question – How would you handle a business consultant that was failing to meet sales goals for a particular product. I provided a general answer that assumed no historical performance issues existed for the business consultant, but later concluded I should have asked for amplifying information about the situation, product, and business consultant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I found the initial offer to be comfortably within my target salary range and I accepted it with no negotiation.

Collector Interview

Collector
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – The hiring process take like 2 weeks. You have to take a test, then interview and then they job offer by email. After that you must pass drug test and training. After the training you must pass an exam.

Accounting Director Interview

Accounting Director
Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Data in March 2014.

Interview Details – The entire interviewing process was very easy, everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. Despite repeated signals and comments of being the best qualified candidate and that " everyone was very impressed" I did not receive an offer. Plain explanation of "we decided to go with an internal candidate".

Interview Question – Have you led a larger team of staff accountants ?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant

I applied online - interviewed at First Data in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process takes about 2-3 weeks, very standard , nothing special, keep in mind that this is a big call center and turn over is very high.

Interview Question – basic interview, it was from a script, very standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The training process can be long as you may not bet a computer or a seat until 3 months after, very unprofessional

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Company recruiter contacted me and we had a good phone interview which was comprehensive. Proceeded to have no less than five on site interviews in five different locations. This was a very senior level position, but they could not find the right fit for my skills. Talked to all the senior execs in the company. Met the new CEO and CIO. Eventually, they were reluctant to extend an offer. They suggested a consulting arrangement for a trial period. I declined.

Interview Question – Just get to know you questions. No formal interview processes or behavioral questions.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Completed one phone screening with HR, one phone interview with hiring manager and hiring director. Second interview was face to face with one potential peer, manager and director. The teams are very dispersed, so my hiring manager at the time was located in Omaha and part of the project management team was in Denver.

Interview Question – Standard project management interview. Fairly easy interview, asked questions about how I would manage an Agile project.   Answer Question

Insert Operator Interview

Insert Operator

Interviewed at First Data

Interview Details – it was an easy process. application took 2 weeks to proceass . I had an iterview. easy inerview. Why first data i said for opportunity and mobility and advancement

Interview Question – most difficlt was the questions   Answer Question

Na Interview

Na

I applied online and interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Applied online. HR telephone interview 2 weeks after submission. Face-to-face interview with hiring manager 1 week later. Final answer via email 2 weeks after. From submission to final answer was 5 weeks duration. Expect HR call from corporate HQ in Atlanta, GA. Very basic questions about your history within the PM profession, and clarification of resume details.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Data in September 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online, get a call if they are interested, then interview with Sales Director, Interview with Vice President, then you will recived job offer from HR.
Travel to Atlanta for tranning.

Interview Question – What set you apart from others candidates   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negociation

Worked for First Data? Contribute to the Community!