First Data Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.6

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

It was internal process - post for the job - interviewed with 2 managers and waited a long time. Had to wait for hiring freeze to be lifted and approval of compensation. It takes forever to hear back.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

lots of interviews and very hard math tests. Multiple interviews with several managers. did a role play via Skype. Flew to Atlanta for a final interview. lots of interviews and very hard math tests. Multiple interviews with several managers. did a role play via Skype. Flew to Atlanta for a final interview.

Outbound Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

It was pretty short I meet with one manager. It was a very relaxed one on one interview. I do believe after now working for this manager it was not your typical interview. He is a very laid back kind of person and that's how he conducts his interview. The interviews here tend to depend on the person your talking to and vary greatly on that.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Data (Estero, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with onsite recruiter, took an assessment test, then an in person interview with the Director of Sales. I then sent a post interview letter email saying that I was very much interested in the position and then received a follow up letter stating they already picked a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible to work week ends if needed?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Data (Coral Springs, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was easy going and the second manager was very pleasant And very easy going and explain what the title entitled. I had two interviews in the same day it was a hiring event that they posted on Craigslist and long behold I went AND got two interviews and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would deal with a customer that was upset   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate the pay

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Data.

Interview

It is very easy, just one round interview, most of them are behavior questions, like how to deal with difficulties meet in life and work, do you have experience working in a group, what if your have different idea with you teamates. not questions about technical, very easy. After about half year , got the offer

Interview Questions

• Give a example of difficulties you meet in your school carrier   1 Answer

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a hiring manager who ws cool and very helpful. I was called less than a week after to interview with a Director. Interview went pretty well and I would say was relax. The Director, promised to get back to me after coming back from vacation but unfortunately never did. I called 2 weeks later to find out that an inside employee got the job as probabl a promotion, which is good. I just whish somebody got back to me to tell me my application was not successful. Especially when your applications still says "Unde Review". Unfortunately, some people are simply careless about how you feel when you are desperately seeking for a job. They would rather let you keep hoping until you just forget about it.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Melville, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

My specific interview is out of the norm and should not be in any way representative of the typical interview for this position. It was a very short process. Received a phone interview, and had one in person interview the next day and was offered the position only a few hours later. I has hired as a contractor and the interview was simple, short and sweet.

Interview Questions

• If I had any prior experience dealing with clients on the phone and if I would have the thick skin to be able to say no to them and even sometimes deal with angry clients when holding their funds.   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Marietta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Everything is handled throught email until the face to face. The face to face interview was quick with many typical interview questions. The process was very smooth and professional. The entire process took 2 weeks exactly but that is because of the background check which is very intense so be prepared to be very invloved in completion of the background check. They actually check every job you ever worked at so don't lie...some people didn't make it because of that very reason. Other than the background check everything was extremely organized!

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you handled a difficult client and the outcome bad or good.   Answer Question

Client Services Adminstartor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Data (Coral Springs, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a military hiring event the day before. The day of the interview we had to wait to be called which wasn't so bad. The interview was really easy, they explained what you would be doing ask about how much you want to be paid. The only thing is one hiring manager called and said I was hired for a different position as I did have 3 interviews that day. They waited 2weeks to tell me I was hired when he told me a couple weeks before. I had to call them to ask them about it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job? (tele performance)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I said my pay & they agreed