First Data Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.6

Outbound Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at First Data.

Interview

It was pretty short I meet with one manager. It was a very relaxed one on one interview. I do believe after now working for this manager it was not your typical interview. He is a very laid back kind of person and that's how he conducts his interview. The interviews here tend to depend on the person your talking to and vary greatly on that.

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Data (Estero, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with onsite recruiter, took an assessment test, then an in person interview with the Director of Sales. I then sent a post interview letter email saying that I was very much interested in the position and then received a follow up letter stating they already picked a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible to work week ends if needed?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at First Data.

Interview

It is very easy, just one round interview, most of them are behavior questions, like how to deal with difficulties meet in life and work, do you have experience working in a group, what if your have different idea with you teamates. not questions about technical, very easy. After about half year , got the offer

Interview Questions

• Give a example of difficulties you meet in your school carrier   1 Answer

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a hiring manager who ws cool and very helpful. I was called less than a week after to interview with a Director. Interview went pretty well and I would say was relax. The Director, promised to get back to me after coming back from vacation but unfortunately never did. I called 2 weeks later to find out that an inside employee got the job as probabl a promotion, which is good. I just whish somebody got back to me to tell me my application was not successful. Especially when your applications still says "Unde Review". Unfortunately, some people are simply careless about how you feel when you are desperately seeking for a job. They would rather let you keep hoping until you just forget about it.

Alternative Channel Sales/RM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with prospective hiring managers prior to posting for position. Job posting was not available online until after interview. I then applied online and completed the assessments (personality and other very interesting one with graph's with very challenging questions). I followed up with a thank you to the hiring managers and received response but still have not heard back from the recruiter after 3 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience and how have they prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at First Data in May 2015.

Interview

Interview Overkill- I was warned about the lengthy interview process up front by the recruiter and sales director. Very strange personality test online, then a phone interview with recruiter who is contracted by FD, followed by a phone interview from the Regional Sales Director then a face to face interview with the RSD. Next a Skpye interview with his supervisor and next a phone interview with the VP of Sales, all within two weeks. Last an additional phone interview with the recruiter and a phone soft offer from recruiter. After 3 and a half weeks finally an official offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of a sales consultant and how are they different than a sales person?   Answer Question

Client Services Adminstartor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Coral Springs, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a military hiring event the day before. The day of the interview we had to wait to be called which wasn't so bad. The interview was really easy, they explained what you would be doing ask about how much you want to be paid. The only thing is one hiring manager called and said I was hired for a different position as I did have 3 interviews that day. They waited 2weeks to tell me I was hired when he told me a couple weeks before. I had to call them to ask them about it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job? (tele performance)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I said my pay & they agreed

Business Consultant Interview

Interview

Two telephone interviews and then a face to face interview. I was told I would have 3 more until getting an offer. Waiting until later on in the week to find out about next interview.

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at First Data (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process took a little over 30 days from first phone interview to the last on-site interview and job offer. In total, I had 4 phone interviews and 7 face-to-face interviews (3 of the phone interviewers were also among the face-to-face interviewers). All of this was coordinated through a 3rd party executive recruitment service, and was very smoothly done.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were able to succeed with an analysis project when you knew you didn't have all of the data inputs you needed?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First Data in April 2015.

Interview

Head Hunter to Recruiter to Sourcer to Talent Acquisition to Talent Acquisition to VP of department. Looking for very specific skill sets and experience with no room for learning curve. As with most experiences I was told I was perfect for the job but didn't get it. Followed up with a phone call that they were passing my resume on to another department, but I'm still waiting?

Interview Questions

• How do you manage products?   1 Answer