First Data Interview Questions

2.6

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Data in April 2011.

The interview was average on difficulty. Be prepared to talk about your knowledge with Excel pivot tables and SAS. Be able to give examples on how you would analyze large data sets. Have examples of what type of businesses you think would have higher risk of fraudulent check processing. Most importantly, they want to make sure that your personality will fit in with the rest of the group. Just stay calm and smile. The managers might come off as mean but they are really nice people. I did one phone interview, then met with 3 other directors. The last interview was with the department VP. Whatever you do, do not tell him that you're nervous. While I was working there, a strong candidate admitted that he was nervous, he didn't get the job. Just be yourself and be confident.

Interview Questions
    • None, just pay attention to them when they are talking about what the department does. They will ask you questions to see if you were paying attention.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Data in March 2014.

I was hired after a phone interview, I spoke with 2 people who were knowledgeable and very direct in approach. It almost did not happen because of the time difference which was not discussed.

No negotiation was discussed.

Business Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Data in January 2013.

two phone, one in-person. It took quite a bit of time before the offer came through. The interview is really not big deal. Like most corporations it's just a long process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Data in August 2014.

Applied on company website. Then several days later received an invite to a numerical reasoning test is an adaptive test, this means it is smart! The more questions you answer correctly, the harder it gets until the system is satisfied that it has determined your natural aptitude. This is a common approach to testing in competency >>"BEWARE ROCKET SCIENTIST TEST".

Several days later got a call from a "Sr. Recruiter". Talked about my resume same old stuff like any other phone interview nothing out of the norm. Then received and invite to interview on a 1:1 with regional sales manager. Interview went very quick, tell me about yourself business and and he went on to present the companies new product, etc. etc. Noticed H.R. rep at office door ready to move the next candidate through.Left that office with a high level assurance, got to sell yourself in the time they give you.

The next day got an e-mail form the regional. E-mail included instructions on what they would need from me to move to the next level. They pretty much wanted me to give them a sixty forecast based on some business models and other information.

I deceived to take an offer with another company, instead of moving forward. Company offered allot of perks, off site working, laptop, phone etc. They had a lower then expected base pay however had a nice eight month ramp up.

Interview Questions
    • The interview style was nothing short of average, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at First Data.

First interview was with US Sales Vice President, standard questions about my background, strengths, weaknesses, and how I would motivate a sales force. My second interview was a 1:1 in person with Regional Vice President, again questions were pretty standard with the addition of a question about "what challenge do I perceive will need to be overcome upon acceptance of the position." Third interview was with a regional Sales Director, once again pretty standard with the addition of request for my 30/60/90 day action plan. Final interview was with Senior Vice President who made the verbal job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a business consultant that was failing to meet sales goals for a particular product. I provided a general answer that assumed no historical performance issues existed for the business consultant, but later concluded I should have asked for amplifying information about the situation, product, and business consultant.   Answer Question
    I found the initial offer to be comfortably within my target salary range and I accepted it with no negotiation.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Data.

The hiring process take like 2 weeks. You have to take a test, then interview and then they job offer by email. After that you must pass drug test and training. After the training you must pass an exam.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at First Data.

Company recruiter contacted me and we had a good phone interview which was comprehensive. Proceeded to have no less than five on site interviews in five different locations. This was a very senior level position, but they could not find the right fit for my skills. Talked to all the senior execs in the company. Met the new CEO and CIO. Eventually, they were reluctant to extend an offer. They suggested a consulting arrangement for a trial period. I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Just get to know you questions. No formal interview processes or behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Accounting Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Data in March 2014.

The entire interviewing process was very easy, everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. Despite repeated signals and comments of being the best qualified candidate and that " everyone was very impressed" I did not receive an offer. Plain explanation of "we decided to go with an internal candidate".

Business Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at First Data in June 2013.

The hiring process takes about 2-3 weeks, very standard , nothing special, keep in mind that this is a big call center and turn over is very high.

Interview Questions
    The training process can be long as you may not bet a computer or a seat until 3 months after, very unprofessional

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at First Data.

Completed one phone screening with HR, one phone interview with hiring manager and hiring director. Second interview was face to face with one potential peer, manager and director. The teams are very dispersed, so my hiring manager at the time was located in Omaha and part of the project management team was in Denver.

Interview Questions
    • Standard project management interview. Fairly easy interview, asked questions about how I would manage an Agile project.   Answer Question

Worked for First Data? Contribute to the Community!