Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at First Data
- Account Executive (8)
- Business Consultant (7)
- Director (5)
- Manager (4)
- Project Manager (4)
- Vice President (3)
- Director of Product Management (2)
- Staff Accountant (2)
- Senior Business Consultant (2)
- Intern - Hourly (2)
- Sales (2)
- Software Developer (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Risk Analyst (2)
- Consultant (2)
- Customer Service Representative (2)
- Delivery Manager (1)
- Production Operator (1)
- Product Director (1)
- Contact Center Representative (1)
- Na (1)
- Director IT (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Fraud Analyst (1)
- Senior Financial Analyst (1)
- Associate Applications Developer (1)
- Director, Process Improvement (1)
- Project Leader (1)
- Software Quality Analyst (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at First Data.
It is very easy, just one round interview, most of them are behavior questions, like how to deal with difficulties meet in life and work, do you have experience working in a group, what if your have different idea with you teamates. not questions about technical, very easy. After about half year , got the offer
- Give a example of difficulties you meet in your school carrier 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at First Data (Coral Springs, FL) in May 2015.
It was a military hiring event the day before. The day of the interview we had to wait to be called which wasn't so bad. The interview was really easy, they explained what you would be doing ask about how much you want to be paid.
The only thing is one hiring manager called and said I was hired for a different position as I did have 3 interviews that day. They waited 2weeks to tell me I was hired when he told me a couple weeks before. I had to call them to ask them about it.
- Why did you leave your previous job? (tele performance) Answer Question
I said my pay & they agreed
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at First Data in May 2015.
Interview Overkill- I was warned about the lengthy interview process up front by the recruiter and sales director. Very strange personality test online, then a phone interview with recruiter who is contracted by FD, followed by a phone interview from the Regional Sales Director then a face to face interview with the RSD. Next a Skpye interview with his supervisor and next a phone interview with the VP of Sales, all within two weeks. Last an additional phone interview with the recruiter and a phone soft offer from recruiter. After 3 and a half weeks finally an official offer letter.
- What is your definition of a sales consultant and how are they different than a sales person? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.
Interviewed with prospective hiring managers prior to posting for position. Job posting was not available online until after interview. I then applied online and completed the assessments (personality and other very interesting one with graph's with very challenging questions). I followed up with a thank you to the hiring managers and received response but still have not heard back from the recruiter after 3 1/2 weeks.
- Describe your previous experience and how have they prepared you for this position? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
Two telephone interviews and then a face to face interview. I was told I would have 3 more until getting an offer. Waiting until later on in the week to find out about next interview.
- What can you bring to the table? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at First Data in April 2015.
Head Hunter to Recruiter to Sourcer to Talent Acquisition to Talent Acquisition to VP of department.
Looking for very specific skill sets and experience with no room for learning curve.
As with most experiences I was told I was perfect for the job but didn't get it.
Followed up with a phone call that they were passing my resume on to another department, but I'm still waiting?
- How do you manage products? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day – interviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.
I went to an open interview that was happening all day. I had sit down with three different people in a one on one setting, the recruiter, the direct supervisor, and the department executive. I had the interview on the 29th of April and got notice of being selected on the 7th of May. I had to go through an extensive background check which took about two weeks total and am due to start my position the 8th of June.
- They generally asked typical interview questions. What are your strengths? Weaknesses? How do you handle conflict and explain a situation when conflict arose on the job. Do you like working alone or in a group? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks – interviewed at First Data (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.
The entire interview process took a little over 30 days from first phone interview to the last on-site interview and job offer. In total, I had 4 phone interviews and 7 face-to-face interviews (3 of the phone interviewers were also among the face-to-face interviewers). All of this was coordinated through a 3rd party executive recruitment service, and was very smoothly done.
- Tell us about a time you were able to succeed with an analysis project when you knew you didn't have all of the data inputs you needed? Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA).
Overall, the process went smoothly over a span of 4+ weeks. I received a call from a recruiter in HR asking me if I wanted to have a 1:1 with the Director. The interview was roughly 45 minutes followed by a tour of the office. I was one of the earlier applicants interviewed so a decision wouldn't be made for another two weeks. I received a call a week later from HR saying the Director wanted to bring me on board and provided me with a contingent offer. Went through the background check, drug test, and salary negotiation. Received a call about a week later from HR congratulating me on getting hired.
- Typical questions. I have a unique education background so we spent a good amount of time talking about that. Answer Question
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at First Data.
Typical - for some positions the process was very intense and a bit overboard. Lots of red tape and excess time frame to get folks on board which was difficult in staff employed with First Data departments.
- Standard Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review