First Data Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

Business Consultant Interview

Interview

Two telephone interviews and then a face to face interview. I was told I would have 3 more until getting an offer. Waiting until later on in the week to find out about next interview.

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Overall, the process went smoothly over a span of 4+ weeks. I received a call from a recruiter in HR asking me if I wanted to have a 1:1 with the Director. The interview was roughly 45 minutes followed by a tour of the office. I was one of the earlier applicants interviewed so a decision wouldn't be made for another two weeks. I received a call a week later from HR saying the Director wanted to bring me on board and provided me with a contingent offer. Went through the background check, drug test, and salary negotiation. Received a call about a week later from HR congratulating me on getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. I have a unique education background so we spent a good amount of time talking about that.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Typical - for some positions the process was very intense and a bit overboard. Lots of red tape and excess time frame to get folks on board which was difficult in staff employed with First Data departments.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Data in March 2015.

Interview

Terrible!!! It is the most disorganized place I have ever applied for. Applied online and got an automatic email a week after letting me know that I was not going to be considered. Still, one more week goes by and I receive a call from the Hiring Manager who wanted to interview me on the spot. The interview went great and he asked me to come in two days to meet with his team, and make a quick presentation to all of them, since I would manage them. I was smart enough to ask him the names of the people on the team and write them down, otherwise it would have been worse. When I arrived for the meeting, after creating a presentation specifically tailored for them, no one knew who I was or why was I there! I started asking for each of the people that were supposed to be in the meeting, and 90% of the "team" had the day off, so I ended up presenting to the only person I could find, who of course was not expecting me... a very uncomfortable situation, all of this with the Hiring Manager on the phone, assessing my skills???? I tried to follow through after that "interview", just to leave an open door, though if given a choice I would run away from them, but got no response. After the mess they had, they wont even answer the phone any more? That is just so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions. All about resume and mostly explaining the position and why he thought I was the perfect candidate   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Overall, they had a very straight forward process that moved smoothly based on management by the executive recruiter. Total time from first contact to offer was approximately one month in duration. Process steps included:
    1. Recruiter Phone Screen
    2. HR Phone Screen
    3. Hiring Manager Phone
    4. Campus Visit (5x In-Person Interviews)
    5. Offer Extended/Negotiated

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at First Data in February 2015.

Interview

What a joke. I got a link to take a test, 5 days time limit. I got the link a day before Christmas! I decided to complete it over Christmas break. It is a two part quiz one part is personality the other is IQ. Both were less than easy and took some time. I completed them and felt confident i did well. Not a word for two months and then i get the link, same link to take the test again.
    they had no clue i had already done it. Hot mess, they think nothing of wasting your time, totally unorganized. I asked them to please remove me from consideration. All of this before they even spend a moment talking to you.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Data (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Very receptive, scheduling was timely. Then no word no contact no responses from HR and position keeps getting reposted. I don't mind if I am not in the running or you do not want to meet with me but have the common decency to let candidates know what is going on.

Production Operator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at First Data.

Interview

very simple and straight to the point but needs to let you know when there gonna get back in touch with you to let you know your hired or looking elsewhere

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Connected with executive search firm through networking. Spoke with external executive recruiters first - multiple phone interviews. Then interviewed in person with head of executive recruiting. Very professional person and I enjoyed our conversation. We had a great conversation about the role and organization, and then we discussed my experience, background, and organization-building capability. Nothing unusual asked. I was very interested in role.

Interview Questions

• None. Very common asked questions about background and experience.   Answer Question

Settlement Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data.

Interview

Received a call and met with My soon to be manager who then called me in for a second interview to interview with the manager and director. They reviewed my resume and asked about skills and abilities.

Negotiation