First Data

2.6

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Data.

Overall, they had a very straight forward process that moved smoothly based on management by the executive recruiter. Total time from first contact to offer was approximately one month in duration. Process steps included:
    1. Recruiter Phone Screen
    2. HR Phone Screen
    3. Hiring Manager Phone
    4. Campus Visit (5x In-Person Interviews)
    5. Offer Extended/Negotiated

Sales Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at First Data in February 2015.

What a joke. I got a link to take a test, 5 days time limit. I got the link a day before Christmas! I decided to complete it over Christmas break. It is a two part quiz one part is personality the other is IQ. Both were less than easy and took some time. I completed them and felt confident i did well. Not a word for two months and then i get the link, same link to take the test again.
    they had no clue i had already done it. Hot mess, they think nothing of wasting your time, totally unorganized. I asked them to please remove me from consideration. All of this before they even spend a moment talking to you.

Production Operator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Data.

very simple and straight to the point but needs to let you know when there gonna get back in touch with you to let you know your hired or looking elsewhere

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Data.

Connected with executive search firm through networking. Spoke with external executive recruiters first - multiple phone interviews. Then interviewed in person with head of executive recruiting. Very professional person and I enjoyed our conversation. We had a great conversation about the role and organization, and then we discussed my experience, background, and organization-building capability. Nothing unusual asked. I was very interested in role.

Interview Questions
    • None. Very common asked questions about background and experience.   Answer Question

Settlement Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data.

Received a call and met with My soon to be manager who then called me in for a second interview to interview with the manager and director. They reviewed my resume and asked about skills and abilities.

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

interviewed at First Data in January 2015.

Very disappointed. I was rescheduled an hour beforehand, I had to wait nearly half an hour before being interviewed. I declined to continue with the interview process. I wrote a follow up email concerning the experience and I did not hear back from the recruiter or hiring manager.

Customer Service Technical Phone Support Representative Interview

The interview process was very specific role based. The lady that interviewed me was very pleasant, however she wanted specific details. More based on what I've done versus what I would do. She placed a tablet in front of me and played the role of a client while asking for directions. I provided detailed detailed directions, while remaining calm. Overall, the interview process went well. At some point I forgot I was actually having an interview. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Provide me an example of when a difficult client requested a service in which you could not provide. What was the example and what did you do to address the client's concerns?   Answer Question

Client Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Data in November 2014.

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a job fair then went home and applied online. Was contacted by phone within 2 days to set up an in person interview. Arrived at First Data and was interviewed by two middle management employees. They asked me very typical interview questions that lasted about 25 minutes. No tour or information about salary. Told me they would contact me if they were going to move forward with me.

Got a call the following day asking to schedule a second interview. I declined because I wasn't interested in the position and was pursuing a different company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot about customer service, where I want to be in 5 years, and made sure I asked a lot of my own questions.   Answer Question

I wasn't impressed with the company overall. The two men interviewing me told me that the job was very difficult and the hours were tough. I almost felt they were talking me out of the job instead of into it. From what I could tell there wasn't an enjoyable culture at the company.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

The recruiting process was fairly organized. The recruiter was detailed and follow up as appropriate. The hiring manager was great but only lasted 2 days in the position after employment started. Good onboarding process but benefits information was confusing and obscure, probably to hide the sub-par benefits.

Simple and straight forward.

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at First Data in October 2014.

Unorganized & not difficult, in intial steps I was given wrong dates and times. Final interview they were late. Other interviewers couldn't make times over the phone and did not bother to tell me. It was rediculous.