First Data Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.6

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

The recruiting process was fairly organized. The recruiter was detailed and follow up as appropriate. The hiring manager was great but only lasted 2 days in the position after employment started. Good onboarding process but benefits information was confusing and obscure, probably to hide the sub-par benefits.

Simple and straight forward.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at First Data.

First interview was with US Sales Vice President, standard questions about my background, strengths, weaknesses, and how I would motivate a sales force. My second interview was a 1:1 in person with Regional Vice President, again questions were pretty standard with the addition of a question about "what challenge do I perceive will need to be overcome upon acceptance of the position." Third interview was with a regional Sales Director, once again pretty standard with the addition of request for my 30/60/90 day action plan. Final interview was with Senior Vice President who made the verbal job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a business consultant that was failing to meet sales goals for a particular product. I provided a general answer that assumed no historical performance issues existed for the business consultant, but later concluded I should have asked for amplifying information about the situation, product, and business consultant.   Answer Question
    I found the initial offer to be comfortably within my target salary range and I accepted it with no negotiation.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data.

The hiring process take like 2 weeks. You have to take a test, then interview and then they job offer by email. After that you must pass drug test and training. After the training you must pass an exam.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at First Data.

Company recruiter contacted me and we had a good phone interview which was comprehensive. Proceeded to have no less than five on site interviews in five different locations. This was a very senior level position, but they could not find the right fit for my skills. Talked to all the senior execs in the company. Met the new CEO and CIO. Eventually, they were reluctant to extend an offer. They suggested a consulting arrangement for a trial period. I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Just get to know you questions. No formal interview processes or behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at First Data in August 2014.

Applied on company website. Then several days later received an invite to a numerical reasoning test is an adaptive test, this means it is smart! The more questions you answer correctly, the harder it gets until the system is satisfied that it has determined your natural aptitude. This is a common approach to testing in competency >>"BEWARE ROCKET SCIENTIST TEST".

Several days later got a call from a "Sr. Recruiter". Talked about my resume same old stuff like any other phone interview nothing out of the norm. Then received and invite to interview on a 1:1 with regional sales manager. Interview went very quick, tell me about yourself business and and he went on to present the companies new product, etc. etc. Noticed H.R. rep at office door ready to move the next candidate through.Left that office with a high level assurance, got to sell yourself in the time they give you.

The next day got an e-mail form the regional. E-mail included instructions on what they would need from me to move to the next level. They pretty much wanted me to give them a sixty forecast based on some business models and other information.

I deceived to take an offer with another company, instead of moving forward. Company offered allot of perks, off site working, laptop, phone etc. They had a lower then expected base pay however had a nice eight month ramp up.

Interview Questions
    • The interview style was nothing short of average, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Data.

Completed one phone screening with HR, one phone interview with hiring manager and hiring director. Second interview was face to face with one potential peer, manager and director. The teams are very dispersed, so my hiring manager at the time was located in Omaha and part of the project management team was in Denver.

Interview Questions
    • Standard project management interview. Fairly easy interview, asked questions about how I would manage an Agile project.   Answer Question

Insert Operator Interview

it was an easy process. application took 2 weeks to proceass . I had an iterview. easy inerview. Why first data i said for opportunity and mobility and advancement

Na Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Data.

Applied online. HR telephone interview 2 weeks after submission. Face-to-face interview with hiring manager 1 week later. Final answer via email 2 weeks after. From submission to final answer was 5 weeks duration. Expect HR call from corporate HQ in Atlanta, GA. Very basic questions about your history within the PM profession, and clarification of resume details.

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I applied online – interviewed at First Data.

Phone interview pre-1on1 interview. Took about 20 minutes and was very helpful with answers I was not expecting. First phone interview for me and I believe it went ok as I was asked to come in for a 1 on 1 interview.

Regional Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Data in May 2014.

Applied on 5/9/2014. Contacted by Recruiter on 5/12 phn interview with Recruiter on 5/13/14. Interviewed with Hiring Manager next week. Phn interview with hiring mgr"s superior next week. One more follow-up interview with the Hiring Manager - very smooth process. Recruiter, Hiring Mgr and Hiring Manager's Superior were all very pleasant and easy to speak with.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment in your career are you most proud of to this point?   View Answer
    • How do you organize your efforts when contacting clients   View Answer
    • What items do you think the hiring manager looks at?   Answer Question
    No negptiation - set salary