First Data Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at First Data.

Interview

It is very easy, just one round interview, most of them are behavior questions, like how to deal with difficulties meet in life and work, do you have experience working in a group, what if your have different idea with you teamates. not questions about technical, very easy. After about half year , got the offer

Interview Questions

• Give a example of difficulties you meet in your school carrier   1 Answer

Client Services Adminstartor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Coral Springs, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a military hiring event the day before. The day of the interview we had to wait to be called which wasn't so bad. The interview was really easy, they explained what you would be doing ask about how much you want to be paid.

The only thing is one hiring manager called and said I was hired for a different position as I did have 3 interviews that day. They waited 2weeks to tell me I was hired when he told me a couple weeks before. I had to call them to ask them about it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job? (tele performance)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I said my pay & they agreed

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at First Data in May 2015.

Interview

Interview Overkill- I was warned about the lengthy interview process up front by the recruiter and sales director. Very strange personality test online, then a phone interview with recruiter who is contracted by FD, followed by a phone interview from the Regional Sales Director then a face to face interview with the RSD. Next a Skpye interview with his supervisor and next a phone interview with the VP of Sales, all within two weeks. Last an additional phone interview with the recruiter and a phone soft offer from recruiter. After 3 and a half weeks finally an official offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of a sales consultant and how are they different than a sales person?   Answer Question

Alternative Channel Sales/RM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with prospective hiring managers prior to posting for position. Job posting was not available online until after interview. I then applied online and completed the assessments (personality and other very interesting one with graph's with very challenging questions). I followed up with a thank you to the hiring managers and received response but still have not heard back from the recruiter after 3 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience and how have they prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Interview

Two telephone interviews and then a face to face interview. I was told I would have 3 more until getting an offer. Waiting until later on in the week to find out about next interview.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First Data in April 2015.

Interview

Head Hunter to Recruiter to Sourcer to Talent Acquisition to Talent Acquisition to VP of department.

Looking for very specific skill sets and experience with no room for learning curve.

As with most experiences I was told I was perfect for the job but didn't get it.

Followed up with a phone call that they were passing my resume on to another department, but I'm still waiting?

Interview Questions

• How do you manage products?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

I went to an open interview that was happening all day. I had sit down with three different people in a one on one setting, the recruiter, the direct supervisor, and the department executive. I had the interview on the 29th of April and got notice of being selected on the 7th of May. I had to go through an extensive background check which took about two weeks total and am due to start my position the 8th of June.

Interview Questions

• They generally asked typical interview questions. What are your strengths? Weaknesses? How do you handle conflict and explain a situation when conflict arose on the job. Do you like working alone or in a group?   Answer Question

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at First Data (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process took a little over 30 days from first phone interview to the last on-site interview and job offer. In total, I had 4 phone interviews and 7 face-to-face interviews (3 of the phone interviewers were also among the face-to-face interviewers). All of this was coordinated through a 3rd party executive recruitment service, and was very smoothly done.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were able to succeed with an analysis project when you knew you didn't have all of the data inputs you needed?   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Overall, the process went smoothly over a span of 4+ weeks. I received a call from a recruiter in HR asking me if I wanted to have a 1:1 with the Director. The interview was roughly 45 minutes followed by a tour of the office. I was one of the earlier applicants interviewed so a decision wouldn't be made for another two weeks. I received a call a week later from HR saying the Director wanted to bring me on board and provided me with a contingent offer. Went through the background check, drug test, and salary negotiation. Received a call about a week later from HR congratulating me on getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. I have a unique education background so we spent a good amount of time talking about that.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Typical - for some positions the process was very intense and a bit overboard. Lots of red tape and excess time frame to get folks on board which was difficult in staff employed with First Data departments.