First Data Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

interviewed at First Data (Marietta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very disappointed. I was rescheduled an hour beforehand, I had to wait nearly half an hour before being interviewed. I declined to continue with the interview process. I wrote a follow up email concerning the experience and I did not hear back from the recruiter or hiring manager.

Interview

The interview process was very specific role based. The lady that interviewed me was very pleasant, however she wanted specific details. More based on what I've done versus what I would do. She placed a tablet in front of me and played the role of a client while asking for directions. I provided detailed detailed directions, while remaining calm. Overall, the interview process went well. At some point I forgot I was actually having an interview. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Provide me an example of when a difficult client requested a service in which you could not provide. What was the example and what did you do to address the client's concerns?   Answer Question

Client Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE) in November 2014.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a job fair then went home and applied online. Was contacted by phone within 2 days to set up an in person interview. Arrived at First Data and was interviewed by two middle management employees. They asked me very typical interview questions that lasted about 25 minutes. No tour or information about salary. Told me they would contact me if they were going to move forward with me.

Got a call the following day asking to schedule a second interview. I declined because I wasn't interested in the position and was pursuing a different company.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about customer service, where I want to be in 5 years, and made sure I asked a lot of my own questions.   Answer Question

I wasn't impressed with the company overall. The two men interviewing me told me that the job was very difficult and the hours were tough. I almost felt they were talking me out of the job instead of into it. From what I could tell there wasn't an enjoyable culture at the company.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

The recruiting process was fairly organized. The recruiter was detailed and follow up as appropriate. The hiring manager was great but only lasted 2 days in the position after employment started. Good onboarding process but benefits information was confusing and obscure, probably to hide the sub-par benefits.

Negotiation

Simple and straight forward.

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at First Data (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Unorganized & not difficult, in intial steps I was given wrong dates and times. Final interview they were late. Other interviewers couldn't make times over the phone and did not bother to tell me. It was rediculous.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager didn't seem to know what he was looking for, or whether he actually had the approval for hiring. The discussions seemed to be going well but, while meeting the third interviewer, he abruptly announced that he was leaving the office for the day. From that point, I knew it was not for me and politely excused myself.

Interview Questions

• I need to know why we should hire you, and if you really want to work here?   1 Answer

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Houston, TX).

Interview

The hiring process take like 2 weeks. You have to take a test, then interview and then they job offer by email. After that you must pass drug test and training. After the training you must pass an exam.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

First interview was with US Sales Vice President, standard questions about my background, strengths, weaknesses, and how I would motivate a sales force. My second interview was a 1:1 in person with Regional Vice President, again questions were pretty standard with the addition of a question about "what challenge do I perceive will need to be overcome upon acceptance of the position." Third interview was with a regional Sales Director, once again pretty standard with the addition of request for my 30/60/90 day action plan. Final interview was with Senior Vice President who made the verbal job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a business consultant that was failing to meet sales goals for a particular product. I provided a general answer that assumed no historical performance issues existed for the business consultant, but later concluded I should have asked for amplifying information about the situation, product, and business consultant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I found the initial offer to be comfortably within my target salary range and I accepted it with no negotiation.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Company recruiter contacted me and we had a good phone interview which was comprehensive. Proceeded to have no less than five on site interviews in five different locations. This was a very senior level position, but they could not find the right fit for my skills. Talked to all the senior execs in the company. Met the new CEO and CIO. Eventually, they were reluctant to extend an offer. They suggested a consulting arrangement for a trial period. I declined.

Interview Questions

• Just get to know you questions. No formal interview processes or behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on company website. Then several days later received an invite to a numerical reasoning test is an adaptive test, this means it is smart! The more questions you answer correctly, the harder it gets until the system is satisfied that it has determined your natural aptitude. This is a common approach to testing in competency >>"BEWARE ROCKET SCIENTIST TEST".

Several days later got a call from a "Sr. Recruiter". Talked about my resume same old stuff like any other phone interview nothing out of the norm. Then received and invite to interview on a 1:1 with regional sales manager. Interview went very quick, tell me about yourself business and and he went on to present the companies new product, etc. etc. Noticed H.R. rep at office door ready to move the next candidate through.Left that office with a high level assurance, got to sell yourself in the time they give you.

The next day got an e-mail form the regional. E-mail included instructions on what they would need from me to move to the next level. They pretty much wanted me to give them a sixty forecast based on some business models and other information.

I deceived to take an offer with another company, instead of moving forward. Company offered allot of perks, off site working, laptop, phone etc. They had a lower then expected base pay however had a nice eight month ramp up.

Interview Questions

• The interview style was nothing short of average, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question