First Data Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I interviewed online - interviewed at First Data.

Phone interview pre-1on1 interview. Took about 20 minutes and was very helpful with answers I was not expecting. First phone interview for me and I believe it went ok as I was asked to come in for a 1 on 1 interview.

Regional Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Data in May 2014.

Applied on 5/9/2014. Contacted by Recruiter on 5/12 phn interview with Recruiter on 5/13/14. Interviewed with Hiring Manager next week. Phn interview with hiring mgr"s superior next week. One more follow-up interview with the Hiring Manager - very smooth process. Recruiter, Hiring Mgr and Hiring Manager's Superior were all very pleasant and easy to speak with.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment in your career are you most proud of to this point?   View Answer
    • How do you organize your efforts when contacting clients   View Answer
    • What items do you think the hiring manager looks at?   Answer Question
    No negptiation - set salary

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at First Data.

Interview was set up by a recruiter. Met with two members of management and one developer. Management asked the usual HR type questions like "how are your communications skills". The developer had a really thick accent and was rapid firing technical questions with dubious terminology. I basically blew off the interview because they really seemed like a sweatshop that would prefer H1-B candidates.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions that involved a language barrier with their developer.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Data in August 2012.

Interviewers were not particularly used to doing interviews

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult and usually there are always a few   View Answer
    na

Technical Support POS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Data.

The Initial call from the Maryland office. It was very basic, she was pleasant. She sent the login for an on-line personality test. A local interview was set up with a manager from [what would be] my group.
    Typical questions, nothing too challenging. Turnover is high, so hiring occurs several times a year and the hiring process

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or hard questions. One of the questions was along the lines of "How would you handle an irate customer?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay.
    You can discuss available shifts you would prefer to work.

Warehouse Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at First Data in October 2011.

Applied and got the job took about 1 week. I was able to get good answers to my questions at the interview and like every other job I was told there was room to advance. The guy promised the moon and that he would give you the tools to get there. Typically it as like every other interview full of empty promises.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a tree which tree would you be?   View Answer
    What negotiation? It was except or decline.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Data.

Hiring process is very laid back with basic questions

Interview Questions
    • They ask for an example of your selling techniques you would use   Answer Question
    No real Negotiation

Manager of Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at First Data in February 2014.

Applied online. HR telephone interview 2 weeks after submission. Face-to-face interview with hiring manager 1 week later. Final answer via email 2 weeks after. From submission to final answer was 5 weeks duration. Expect HR call from corporate HQ in Atlanta, GA. Very basic questions about your history within the PM profession, and clarification of resume details.

Interview Questions
    • None. Interview was more of an explanation of current situation within the organization.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at First Data.

I was contact by the recruiter to schedule an interview and a few days later I ended up interviewing with one of their directors. He was cool and overall the questions weren't anything out of the ordinary... I also had to speak with him and his supervisor over a conference call but still as long as you do your research about the company and have 2 or 3 stories to tell about a time when you faced adversity.

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at First Data in December 2013.

Six interviews; No offer. I was contacted several times by a recruiter to apply. The first interview was 7/2013 and the last interview was 12/2013. I had a one-on-one interview, a panel interview, and 4 phone interviews. After the first phone interview, I had to follow up with the recruite who had contacted me several times. I have asked for feedback and have not received anything in return.

Interview Questions
    • The 'canned' questions were usual: what was your most difficult project, etc.

They must be looking for something that is not apparent. I usually am made an offer as I do interview well. I have a friend that had the same experience.

Follow-up would be nice even if you are rejected.
        Answer Question