First Data

78 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Ops Technician II Interview

Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at First Data in January 2010.

Interview Details – Recruter, then hiring Manager for the interview, I interviewed for three positions before being considered.

Professional Office Job Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – The initial contact was through an external recruiter. I dealt with two people at the recruiting for, and they were both very professional and gave me a good indication of what to expect at First Data. Then I met with an HR person from FD who gave me the standard interview questions. I was then scheduled to come back for another interview with my future boss and department head. They asked me more technical/business questions related to the specific job. Everyone was friendly and pleasant. The most important thing was that I had questions for them. I think this is crucial for any job. Do your homework and have good questions to ask your interviewers to show them that you are really interested in the Company and the specific job.

Interview Question – They really didn't ask me anything difficult or unexpected. But I was glad I did my homework in advance so that I knew so,etching about the industry and the Company, as well as some of the recent Company news. This is key to having a conversation with your interviewers that makes them think that you are truly interested I this job, not just in A job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Summerville, SC

I applied in-person - interviewed at First Data in October 2010.

Interview Details – The process of being hired was an interview, that included a typing test. After talking with the interviewer she found that I was eager for a job and wanted a chance to prove myself.

Interview Question – Most difficult question would be How do I handle a very irate caller yelling on the phone. I tried to think and put myself in the customers position. Then I began to answer the question to the best of my ability.   Answer Question

Director of IT Sourcing Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – First interviewed with a Recruiter via phone and then a phone interview was set-up with the Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager was extremely interested and wanted to arrange for me to fly to Atlanta right away to be follow-up with a trip to Omaha. I received my travel arrangements within the next few days. The day before I was to fly to Atlanta, my mother unexpectedly passed away. I informed them that, unfortunately, I needed to reschedule. That was the end of it. I received my rejection notice in the mail shortly thereafter. I say, stay away from this company!

Director of IT Security Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Contacted after application. Spoke with corporate recruiter and found out that compensation was too low for my education/credentials/certifications/experience. Then was told by recruiter that it was up to the hiring manager. Had a call with the hiring manager- positive feedback. Had a call with another hiring manager- positive feedback. Passed panel interview with team of eight technical folks and initial hiring manager. Weeks between each interview. Then I was told there was an offer and they were ready to extend it to me. I then hear that they want another interview which was technical also and went very well according to the interviewer. I was then contacted by the recruiter and told they were not looking for a leader and could not extend the offer. Took another competing offer instead.

Interview Question – None, the most difficult technical questions were easy. Folks were very respectful throughout the process.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Was brought in by recruiter. Had panel interview with Manager and Sr Accountant. When that part of interview went well, met with Finance Director and VP of Finance. Received follow up information from recruiter.

Interview Question – As this was an entry level position, no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, company was set on compensation.

Trainer Interview

Trainer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter at a local job fair and got a call the next day. Came in for an interview with another trainer and the training manager - all very pleasant and courteous. I then did a presentation in front of the managers. They were very respectful and friendly. I really enjoyed meeting them all and they made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – They did ask me to do a 15 minute training on a federal regulation that I had never even heard of but it was a good challenge. I had to create a quiz to go along with it that they loved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made a good offer, I pushed them a little higher and they accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Call Center Interview

Hagerstown, MD

I applied online - interviewed at First Data in October 2013.

Interview Details – Don't even remember applying, recieved a phone call from a talent rep who did a phone interview then set up an interview with the manager.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions. Pretty much the same as with every inerview.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at First Data in October 2012.

Interview Details – process took many months but was not extraordinary in that way. I met all the right people

Interview Question – Think of the most difficult crisis situation in the world. How would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated base and signing bonus

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Omaha, NE

I applied in-person - interviewed at First Data in August 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring is smooth and the interviews are focusing on the management level and coaching subordinates in a team environment.

Interview Question – Why hire you and not the other guy?   View Answer