First Data Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.7

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Completed one phone screening with HR, one phone interview with hiring manager and hiring director. Second interview was face to face with one potential peer, manager and director. The teams are very dispersed, so my hiring manager at the time was located in Omaha and part of the project management team was in Denver.

Interview Questions

• Standard project management interview. Fairly easy interview, asked questions about how I would manage an Agile project.   Answer Question

Insert Operator Interview

Interview

it was an easy process. application took 2 weeks to proceass . I had an iterview. easy inerview. Why first data i said for opportunity and mobility and advancement

Na Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at First Data.

Interview

Applied online. HR telephone interview 2 weeks after submission. Face-to-face interview with hiring manager 1 week later. Final answer via email 2 weeks after. From submission to final answer was 5 weeks duration. Expect HR call from corporate HQ in Atlanta, GA. Very basic questions about your history within the PM profession, and clarification of resume details.

Contact Center Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at First Data (Hagerstown, MD).

Interview

Phone interview pre-1on1 interview. Took about 20 minutes and was very helpful with answers I was not expecting. First phone interview for me and I believe it went ok as I was asked to come in for a 1 on 1 interview.

Customer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at First Data (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

It was quick! I got a call from georgia, then showed up for an interview with a lead technician and a manager via phone from omaha (we were in chicago). They asked good questions, and I was able to feel out the Lead tech I'd be working for to my satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• are you more likely to be patient, or persistent   1 Answer

Regional Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied on 5/9/2014. Contacted by Recruiter on 5/12 phn interview with Recruiter on 5/13/14. Interviewed with Hiring Manager next week. Phn interview with hiring mgr"s superior next week. One more follow-up interview with the Hiring Manager - very smooth process. Recruiter, Hiring Mgr and Hiring Manager's Superior were all very pleasant and easy to speak with.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment in your career are you most proud of to this point?   1 Answer
    • How do you organize your efforts when contacting clients   1 Answer
    • What items do you think the hiring manager looks at?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negptiation - set salary

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied on a Tuesday, EA to my boss set a phone interview for the following Monday; in person that Thursday, team interviews on the phone on Friday, offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When presented the original offer, I negotiated a 15% increase in salary, an increase of 10% bonus and a week of extra vacation.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Data (Hagerstown, MD).

Interview

Interview was set up by a recruiter. Met with two members of management and one developer. Management asked the usual HR type questions like "how are your communications skills". The developer had a really thick accent and was rapid firing technical questions with dubious terminology. I basically blew off the interview because they really seemed like a sweatshop that would prefer H1-B candidates.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions that involved a language barrier with their developer.   Answer Question

Technical Support POS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data (Omaha, NE).

Interview

The Initial call from the Maryland office. It was very basic, she was pleasant. She sent the login for an on-line personality test. A local interview was set up with a manager from [what would be] my group.
    Typical questions, nothing too challenging. Turnover is high, so hiring occurs several times a year and the hiring process

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or hard questions. One of the questions was along the lines of "How would you handle an irate customer?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay.
    You can discuss available shifts you would prefer to work.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First Data (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Hiring process is very laid back with basic questions

Interview Questions

• They ask for an example of your selling techniques you would use   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real Negotiation