First Data

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of IT Security Interview

Director of IT Security
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Contacted after application. Spoke with corporate recruiter and found out that compensation was too low for my education/credentials/certifications/experience. Then was told by recruiter that it was up to the hiring manager. Had a call with the hiring manager- positive feedback. Had a call with another hiring manager- positive feedback. Passed panel interview with team of eight technical folks and initial hiring manager. Weeks between each interview. Then I was told there was an offer and they were ready to extend it to me. I then hear that they want another interview which was technical also and went very well according to the interviewer. I was then contacted by the recruiter and told they were not looking for a leader and could not extend the offer. Took another competing offer instead.

Interview Question – None, the most difficult technical questions were easy. Folks were very respectful throughout the process.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Was brought in by recruiter. Had panel interview with Manager and Sr Accountant. When that part of interview went well, met with Finance Director and VP of Finance. Received follow up information from recruiter.

Interview Question – As this was an entry level position, no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, company was set on compensation.

Trainer Interview

Trainer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter at a local job fair and got a call the next day. Came in for an interview with another trainer and the training manager - all very pleasant and courteous. I then did a presentation in front of the managers. They were very respectful and friendly. I really enjoyed meeting them all and they made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – They did ask me to do a 15 minute training on a federal regulation that I had never even heard of but it was a good challenge. I had to create a quiz to go along with it that they loved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made a good offer, I pushed them a little higher and they accepted.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at First Data in October 2012.

Interview Details – process took many months but was not extraordinary in that way. I met all the right people

Interview Question – Think of the most difficult crisis situation in the world. How would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated base and signing bonus

Very Easy Interview

Call Center Interview

Call Center
Hagerstown, MD

I applied online - interviewed at First Data in October 2013.

Interview Details – Don't even remember applying, recieved a phone call from a talent rep who did a phone interview then set up an interview with the manager.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions. Pretty much the same as with every inerview.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Omaha, NE

I applied in-person - interviewed at First Data in August 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring is smooth and the interviews are focusing on the management level and coaching subordinates in a team environment.

Interview Question – Why hire you and not the other guy?   View Answer

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Associate Applications Developer
Coral Springs, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Data in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online; received a phone message (home phone and cell) about a week later inviting me to an interview the following week and this was followed by a confirmation email. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. It was conducted by the manager and team leader who were extremely courteous, friendly and more than happy to answer all of my questions. A very pleasant experience; I assume the position was offered to a candidate with qualifications that more closely matched the job description.

Interview Question – None. "Tell me about yourself"   View Answer

General IT Help Interview

General IT Help

I applied online and interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – Received call from recruiter and had an interview set up.

Interview Question – nothing real difficult.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – 1st Interview was informal - a meet and greet with the hiring manager (in person)
2nd Interview was informal - a panel interview including a few other PM's that I would be working with as part of the PM team.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty common - tell me about your self, what was your most difficult project and why, describe a time where it was better to work as a team vs individual, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy negotiations if you know your market value for the position based on the scope of the role.

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at First Data.

Interview Details – HR contacted me by phone. Interviewed with two managers