First Data Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.6

Na Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Data.

Applied online. HR telephone interview 2 weeks after submission. Face-to-face interview with hiring manager 1 week later. Final answer via email 2 weeks after. From submission to final answer was 5 weeks duration. Expect HR call from corporate HQ in Atlanta, GA. Very basic questions about your history within the PM profession, and clarification of resume details.

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I applied online – interviewed at First Data.

Phone interview pre-1on1 interview. Took about 20 minutes and was very helpful with answers I was not expecting. First phone interview for me and I believe it went ok as I was asked to come in for a 1 on 1 interview.

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at First Data in June 2014.

It was quick! I got a call from georgia, then showed up for an interview with a lead technician and a manager via phone from omaha (we were in chicago). They asked good questions, and I was able to feel out the Lead tech I'd be working for to my satisfaction.

Interview Questions
    • are you more likely to be patient, or persistent   View Answer

Regional Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Data in May 2014.

Applied on 5/9/2014. Contacted by Recruiter on 5/12 phn interview with Recruiter on 5/13/14. Interviewed with Hiring Manager next week. Phn interview with hiring mgr"s superior next week. One more follow-up interview with the Hiring Manager - very smooth process. Recruiter, Hiring Mgr and Hiring Manager's Superior were all very pleasant and easy to speak with.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment in your career are you most proud of to this point?   View Answer
    • How do you organize your efforts when contacting clients   View Answer
    • What items do you think the hiring manager looks at?   Answer Question
    No negptiation - set salary

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data in May 2014.

Applied on a Tuesday, EA to my boss set a phone interview for the following Monday; in person that Thursday, team interviews on the phone on Friday, offer the following week.

Interview Questions
    When presented the original offer, I negotiated a 15% increase in salary, an increase of 10% bonus and a week of extra vacation.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Data.

Interview was set up by a recruiter. Met with two members of management and one developer. Management asked the usual HR type questions like "how are your communications skills". The developer had a really thick accent and was rapid firing technical questions with dubious terminology. I basically blew off the interview because they really seemed like a sweatshop that would prefer H1-B candidates.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions that involved a language barrier with their developer.   Answer Question

Technical Support POS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data.

The Initial call from the Maryland office. It was very basic, she was pleasant. She sent the login for an on-line personality test. A local interview was set up with a manager from [what would be] my group.
    Typical questions, nothing too challenging. Turnover is high, so hiring occurs several times a year and the hiring process

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or hard questions. One of the questions was along the lines of "How would you handle an irate customer?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay.
    You can discuss available shifts you would prefer to work.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First Data.

Hiring process is very laid back with basic questions

Interview Questions
    • They ask for an example of your selling techniques you would use   Answer Question
    No real Negotiation

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Data.

I was contact by the recruiter to schedule an interview and a few days later I ended up interviewing with one of their directors. He was cool and overall the questions weren't anything out of the ordinary... I also had to speak with him and his supervisor over a conference call but still as long as you do your research about the company and have 2 or 3 stories to tell about a time when you faced adversity.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data in March 2014.

I was hired after a phone interview, I spoke with 2 people who were knowledgeable and very direct in approach. It almost did not happen because of the time difference which was not discussed.

No negotiation was discussed.