First Data Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.6

Accounting Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data in March 2014.

The entire interviewing process was very easy, everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. Despite repeated signals and comments of being the best qualified candidate and that " everyone was very impressed" I did not receive an offer. Plain explanation of "we decided to go with an internal candidate".

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Data.

I was called to show up at a hotel the next day. I got there, and was surprised to find 5 others waiting. Thinking it was a group interview I almost walked out. I was then told that they where just running behind. After 2 hours, I had a brief interview of less then 30 minutes. I was hired that day. Started a week later.

No negotiating.

Professional Office Job Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at First Data.

The initial contact was through an external recruiter. I dealt with two people at the recruiting for, and they were both very professional and gave me a good indication of what to expect at First Data. Then I met with an HR person from FD who gave me the standard interview questions. I was then scheduled to come back for another interview with my future boss and department head. They asked me more technical/business questions related to the specific job. Everyone was friendly and pleasant. The most important thing was that I had questions for them. I think this is crucial for any job. Do your homework and have good questions to ask your interviewers to show them that you are really interested in the Company and the specific job.

Interview Questions
    • They really didn't ask me anything difficult or unexpected. But I was glad I did my homework in advance so that I knew so,etching about the industry and the Company, as well as some of the recent Company news. This is key to having a conversation with your interviewers that makes them think that you are truly interested I this job, not just in A job.   Answer Question

Manager of Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at First Data in February 2014.

Applied online. HR telephone interview 2 weeks after submission. Face-to-face interview with hiring manager 1 week later. Final answer via email 2 weeks after. From submission to final answer was 5 weeks duration. Expect HR call from corporate HQ in Atlanta, GA. Very basic questions about your history within the PM profession, and clarification of resume details.

Interview Questions
    • None. Interview was more of an explanation of current situation within the organization.   Answer Question

Director of IT Sourcing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Data.

First interviewed with a Recruiter via phone and then a phone interview was set-up with the Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager was extremely interested and wanted to arrange for me to fly to Atlanta right away to be follow-up with a trip to Omaha. I received my travel arrangements within the next few days. The day before I was to fly to Atlanta, my mother unexpectedly passed away. I informed them that, unfortunately, I needed to reschedule. That was the end of it. I received my rejection notice in the mail shortly thereafter. I say, stay away from this company!

Director of IT Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Data.

Contacted after application. Spoke with corporate recruiter and found out that compensation was too low for my education/credentials/certifications/experience. Then was told by recruiter that it was up to the hiring manager. Had a call with the hiring manager- positive feedback. Had a call with another hiring manager- positive feedback. Passed panel interview with team of eight technical folks and initial hiring manager. Weeks between each interview. Then I was told there was an offer and they were ready to extend it to me. I then hear that they want another interview which was technical also and went very well according to the interviewer. I was then contacted by the recruiter and told they were not looking for a leader and could not extend the offer. Took another competing offer instead.

Interview Questions
    • None, the most difficult technical questions were easy. Folks were very respectful throughout the process.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data.

Was brought in by recruiter. Had panel interview with Manager and Sr Accountant. When that part of interview went well, met with Finance Director and VP of Finance. Received follow up information from recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • As this was an entry level position, no difficult questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, company was set on compensation.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data in January 2014.

For this position candidates must take a Numerical Adaptive Test. If you look this up like I did and prepared for it, don't waste your time. I would give someone $500 if they could answer this first question on the test. I could not understand how they came up with the practice test answers. Any Numerical Reasoning test you find online is at a 1st grade level compared to this test. I have a deep understanding of VoIP, SaaS, and other technical products. I took the LSAT a few years back and made a 153, which, at the time, was in the top 75 percentile and have both a CCNA and CCDA certification. This is not to brag but to give anyone taking this test an understanding of what you are up against. I even tried to back into the correct answer using all 5 answers and still could not understand how to get the correct figure. If anyone else has taken this test please let me know.

Interview Questions
    • 30 minutes for 15 questions, sound easy? I would like to see their management team take this test. My guess is that you would have maybe 1 or 2 people left.   View Answers (3)

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at First Data in December 2013.

Six interviews; No offer. I was contacted several times by a recruiter to apply. The first interview was 7/2013 and the last interview was 12/2013. I had a one-on-one interview, a panel interview, and 4 phone interviews. After the first phone interview, I had to follow up with the recruite who had contacted me several times. I have asked for feedback and have not received anything in return.

Interview Questions
    • The 'canned' questions were usual: what was your most difficult project, etc.

They must be looking for something that is not apparent. I usually am made an offer as I do interview well. I have a friend that had the same experience.

Follow-up would be nice even if you are rejected.

Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at First Data.

Met a recruiter at a local job fair and got a call the next day. Came in for an interview with another trainer and the training manager - all very pleasant and courteous. I then did a presentation in front of the managers. They were very respectful and friendly. I really enjoyed meeting them all and they made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • They did ask me to do a 15 minute training on a federal regulation that I had never even heard of but it was a good challenge. I had to create a quiz to go along with it that they loved.   Answer Question
    They made a good offer, I pushed them a little higher and they accepted.