First Data

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.6

General IT Help Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Data.

Received call from recruiter and had an interview set up.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Data.

1st Interview was informal - a meet and greet with the hiring manager (in person)
    2nd Interview was informal - a panel interview including a few other PM's that I would be working with as part of the PM team.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty common - tell me about your self, what was your most difficult project and why, describe a time where it was better to work as a team vs individual, etc.   Answer Question
    Easy negotiations if you know your market value for the position based on the scope of the role.

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at First Data in September 2013.

Applied online; received a phone message (home phone and cell) about a week later inviting me to an interview the following week and this was followed by a confirmation email. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. It was conducted by the manager and team leader who were extremely courteous, friendly and more than happy to answer all of my questions. A very pleasant experience; I assume the position was offered to a candidate with qualifications that more closely matched the job description.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at First Data.

HR contacted me by phone. Interviewed with two managers

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person – interviewed at First Data in August 2013.

Hiring is smooth and the interviews are focusing on the management level and coaching subordinates in a team environment.

Business Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Data in June 2013.

The hiring process takes about 2-3 weeks, very standard , nothing special, keep in mind that this is a big call center and turn over is very high.

Interview Questions
    The training process can be long as you may not bet a computer or a seat until 3 months after, very unprofessional

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Data in April 2013.

Three interviews.

The first two interviews were very basic. I met with the sales director and we chatted about a variety of things. Interview went very well.

Second interview was a 20 min phone interview with another sales director which went well and was very easy.

Third interview was a little more intense. VP along with the sales director. Some questions about why you chose sales.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate ; unless you speak another language and then you may get a base salary bump.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Data.

Hiring process was straight forward through HR. They set up two interviews for different position on the same day. First interview went ok but not a right match. Second interview went much better. They asked few questions and mostly had me answer random questions that made more sense after I worked there. I was right out of college and did recieve a job offer. They have a great training program for new hires.

Account Executive Interview

Sent resume, applied online, conducted two interviews and a background check.

Interview Questions
    • What business to business sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Data.

Very unprofessional. Not prepared. Dont think they even reviewed my resume prior to the phone call. Interviewer was late to the call and then the rest of the interviewers rolled in way past the scheduled time slot. I was NOT impressed.