First Data Merchant Services

Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.5

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at First Data Merchant Services.

I went to the open house interview and was pleasantly welcomed by the interviewer and some of the other employees. I was taken on a tour of the facility and shown the area I'd be working in if hired.

Interview Questions
    • Previous work experience? How would my current or previous employer describe me? How do I handle rejection?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview started out with a presentation on what the company was about, presented by two hiring executives. After that, we were cycled in one-by-one to interview. The interview itself was not really an interview. We sat and talked, discussed our leadership styles and the job requirements. It was really laid back and honest. I was told that I was a good candidate and offered a ride along the following week. Also, had to do an assessment that was much harder than anticipated.

No negotiations

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Data Merchant Services.

Interviews were done over the telephone, which was not something First Data typically does. They wanted to see how you current skills sets fit into the role that I was applying for. There was a lot of back and forth discussions that were good and allowed me to elaborate on why I would by a goof fit for the position

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, but they did offer a salary amount that was higher than the base offering.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at First Data Merchant Services.

Applied on line and was called by a recruiter who invited me to a job fair the next day. The job fair was onsite at the Marietta call center. I was met at the front door and interviewed with one manager who was charged with giving me the pass to a second interview. I was called 2 days later to come in for second interview scheduled for the next day. Interviewed with director and then received call a few days later offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Base is $10 an hour with a $1500 month nonrecoverable draw for the first 3 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at First Data Merchant Services.

3 interviews an all day ride along

Interview Questions
    Take what they offer or don't take the job

Merchant Services Interview

applied online-called in face to face-30 min details background general conversation

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Data Merchant Services in October 2013.

1st interview is with recruiter who gives outline of the duties including base pay of $20K plus 3 months ramp up. Expected to earn additional $25K if you hit the marks for their sales quotas. 2nd interview is with hiring manger via phone. 3rd interview with hiring manager and senior business development manager.

Interview Questions
    • how do you handle stress? What makes you organized?   View Answer

Merchant Services Account Executive Interview

Sales above all- numbers are all they care about. First Data is notorious for offering competitive rates, then jacking them up 6 months to a year later. They are a very controlling company that makes it very difficult for any business owners to get out of their contracts without paying several fees. Never, never do an equipment lease with First Data.

no negotiations on base pay at all..

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at First Data Merchant Services.

The hiring process was a lot longer than anticipated. I talked to a recruiter in May, and I didn't hear from the hiring manager until 2 months later. That was the only negative. The interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. He did challenge my work ethic. He wanted to know if I felt 8 hours a day was enough to do the job. I told him in sales, 8 hours of day will not get the job done. He wants hard workers, and I could definitely respect that.   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

The hiring and interview process was cut an dry, very organized and detailed questions. The questions were not abnormal the interview was on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked your manager what he thought of you, what would they say?   Answer Question