First Data Merchant Services

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at First Data Merchant Services

Interview Details – Interview started out with a presentation on what the company was about, presented by two hiring executives. After that, we were cycled in one-by-one to interview. The interview itself was not really an interview. We sat and talked, discussed our leadership styles and the job requirements. It was really laid back and honest. I was told that I was a good candidate and offered a ride along the following week. Also, had to do an assessment that was much harder than anticipated.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Credit Risk Analyst
Melville, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Data Merchant Services.

Interview Details – Interviews were done over the telephone, which was not something First Data typically does. They wanted to see how you current skills sets fit into the role that I was applying for. There was a lot of back and forth discussions that were good and allowed me to elaborate on why I would by a goof fit for the position

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, but they did offer a salary amount that was higher than the base offering.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Inside Account Executive
Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Data Merchant Services.

Interview Details – Applied on line and was called by a recruiter who invited me to a job fair the next day. The job fair was onsite at the Marietta call center. I was met at the front door and interviewed with one manager who was charged with giving me the pass to a second interview. I was called 2 days later to come in for second interview scheduled for the next day. Interviewed with director and then received call a few days later offering me the position.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base is $10 an hour with a $1500 month nonrecoverable draw for the first 3 months.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Hagerstown, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Data Merchant Services in January 2012.

Interview Details – first interview was with hr on the phone and then the 2nd interview was in person.

Interview Question – they want you know about the companys history so its good read up on it prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it wasnt too hard to negotiate with this company

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Data Merchant Services in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1st interview is with recruiter who gives outline of the duties including base pay of $20K plus 3 months ramp up. Expected to earn additional $25K if you hit the marks for their sales quotas. 2nd interview is with hiring manger via phone. 3rd interview with hiring manager and senior business development manager.

Interview Question – how do you handle stress? What makes you organized?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at First Data Merchant Services.

Interview Details – 3 interviews an all day ride along

Interview Question – Can't think of one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take what they offer or don't take the job

Merchant Services Interview

Merchant Services

Interview Details – applied online-called in face to face-30 min details background general conversation

Negotiation Details – no

Merchant Services Account Executive Interview

Merchant Services Account Executive

Interviewed at First Data Merchant Services

Interview Details – Sales above all- numbers are all they care about. First Data is notorious for offering competitive rates, then jacking them up 6 months to a year later. They are a very controlling company that makes it very difficult for any business owners to get out of their contracts without paying several fees. Never, never do an equipment lease with First Data.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations on base pay at all..

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at First Data Merchant Services.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a lot longer than anticipated. I talked to a recruiter in May, and I didn't hear from the hiring manager until 2 months later. That was the only negative. The interview went well.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult. He did challenge my work ethic. He wanted to know if I felt 8 hours a day was enough to do the job. I told him in sales, 8 hours of day will not get the job done. He wants hard workers, and I could definitely respect that.   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Product Analyst
Melville, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Data Merchant Services in July 2010.

Interview Details – Played phone tag with recruiter for about three weeks. Once I had my initial phone interview, the rest was smooth sailing.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than initially told, so that I would accept the position straight away.

Worked for First Data Merchant Services? Contribute to the Community!