First Databank

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Databank

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at First Databank.

Hired through a recruiting agency for a contract position. Hired me f/t after 9 months.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Just interested to know that what I was doing was similar to what they were needing done. It had felt like they had already made their mind up to hire me before I showed up.   Answer Question
    It was either I accepted the position at the current offered pay, else be laid off with the rest of the contractors, and have someone else be offered the position. I found myself rather lucky.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Databank in June 2012.

The interview process was well-managed, efficient, and straightforward. Began with a 30-minute phone screen with the delightful HR recruiter (I honestly didn't do so well here, and didn't think I would progress to the next step on the process!). Surprisingly, received an email for writing samples, (sent those along), and was contacted almost immediately a day later by the manager of communications. This phone interview was casual, and went really smoothly. I was contacted for a third in-person interview. Spoke with the Director of Customer Communications (a smart, well-spoken individual that I regard highly), and the Tech Writer team in Indy (great group). Interview went smoothly, and they created a sense of excitement for me to want to join the team.

A week later, I got the offer. I am now a happy, HAPPY employee of First Databank and have snagged my dream job!

Interview Questions
    No, and I was offered more than what I asked!

Senior Systems Analyst Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First Databank in October 2010.

Via head hunter I was able to get a phone interview with the hiring manager with a list of techncial questions. After a week later, my head hunter pushed to a personal interview for me due to my other pending offer. I was able to get a on site interview.
    I met with HR and talk about the position and during our conversation we have to switch room due to some issues. Then I have interview with 2 managers and 1 manager dial in remotely and was late for 30 minutes.
    The interview was about 1 hour and it is completely technical interview with both verbal and written test.
    I was exhausted.

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with peer if they disagree with your design   View Answer
    • give you few tables and ask you to link them logically by hand.   Answer Question