First Databank

Very Easy Interview

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 9 months - interviewed at First Databank.

Interview Details – Hired through a recruiting agency for a contract position. Hired me f/t after 9 months.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Just interested to know that what I was doing was similar to what they were needing done. It had felt like they had already made their mind up to hire me before I showed up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was either I accepted the position at the current offered pay, else be laid off with the rest of the contractors, and have someone else be offered the position. I found myself rather lucky.

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Databank in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was well-managed, efficient, and straightforward. Began with a 30-minute phone screen with the delightful HR recruiter (I honestly didn't do so well here, and didn't think I would progress to the next step on the process!). Surprisingly, received an email for writing samples, (sent those along), and was contacted almost immediately a day later by the manager of communications. This phone interview was casual, and went really smoothly. I was contacted for a third in-person interview. Spoke with the Director of Customer Communications (a smart, well-spoken individual that I regard highly), and the Tech Writer team in Indy (great group). Interview went smoothly, and they created a sense of excitement for me to want to join the team.

A week later, I got the offer. I am now a happy, HAPPY employee of First Databank and have snagged my dream job!

Interview Question – "Can you give me an example of a relational database?"   View Answers (4)

Negotiation Details – No, and I was offered more than what I asked!

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Systems Analyst Lead Interview

Senior Systems Analyst Lead
South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Databank in October 2010.

Interview Details – Via head hunter I was able to get a phone interview with the hiring manager with a list of techncial questions. After a week later, my head hunter pushed to a personal interview for me due to my other pending offer. I was able to get a on site interview.
I met with HR and talk about the position and during our conversation we have to switch room due to some issues. Then I have interview with 2 managers and 1 manager dial in remotely and was late for 30 minutes.
The interview was about 1 hour and it is completely technical interview with both verbal and written test.
I was exhausted.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with peer if they disagree with your design   View Answer
  • give you few tables and ask you to link them logically by hand.   Answer Question

Worked for First Databank? Contribute to the Community!