First Databank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Databank in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was well-managed, efficient, and straightforward. Began with a 30-minute phone screen with the delightful HR recruiter (I honestly didn't do so well here, and didn't think I would progress to the next step on the process!). Surprisingly, received an email for writing samples, (sent those along), and was contacted almost immediately a day later by the manager of communications. This phone interview was casual, and went really smoothly. I was contacted for a third in-person interview. Spoke with the Director of Customer Communications (a smart, well-spoken individual that I regard highly), and the Tech Writer team in Indy (great group). Interview went smoothly, and they created a sense of excitement for me to want to join the team.

A week later, I got the offer. I am now a happy, HAPPY employee of First Databank and have snagged my dream job!

Interview Question – "Can you give me an example of a relational database?"   View Answers (4)

Negotiation Details – No, and I was offered more than what I asked!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Systems Analyst Lead Interview

Senior Systems Analyst Lead
South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Databank in October 2010.

Interview Details – Via head hunter I was able to get a phone interview with the hiring manager with a list of techncial questions. After a week later, my head hunter pushed to a personal interview for me due to my other pending offer. I was able to get a on site interview.
I met with HR and talk about the position and during our conversation we have to switch room due to some issues. Then I have interview with 2 managers and 1 manager dial in remotely and was late for 30 minutes.
The interview was about 1 hour and it is completely technical interview with both verbal and written test.
I was exhausted.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with peer if they disagree with your design   View Answer
  • give you few tables and ask you to link them logically by hand.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for First Databank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Databank interview questions and advice in South San Francisco, CA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by First Databank employees and interview candidates.