First Derivatives

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.5

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Derivatives.

telephone, two face to face interviews and a logic test. the whole process was very quick. the key is to not back down, they want young ambitious intelligent individuals who also have a personality and are willing to travel on a days notice. They will challenge you in the interview, make sure you know your cv inside out, be confident!

Interview Questions
  • why should we pick you when there are more qualified people.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for First Derivatives

Anonymous Employee in Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at First Derivatives in November 2014.

I applied online and was asked to schedule a telephone interview a few days later. It's quite a short interview, ~15 mins, with no technical questions involved. It felt more like an introduction rather than them ruling people out. They started with a quick run through my education history, work experience, other CV info. Then questions like "What's your understanding about what FD does?" and "Do you think that there are any specific skills that you picked up in education or work experience that would be beneficial to working at FD?".

I think an important question for them is whether you would be willing to travel on short notice. They're probably looking for a definite yes on this one.

I have two face-to-face interviews, a group assignment and logic test in their Newry offices up next.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions for the phone interview, just know yourself and some basic things about what the company does.   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Derivatives in August 2014.

Easy recruitment process. I simply sent them my CV and then had two phone interviews. HR was a bit disorganised in that they did not start the interviews at the agreed times. For the first interview, after waiting 15 minutes I had to phone HR myself to kick the interview off! As for the questions they were very straightforward, centering around my motivation for applying for the role, what I can bring to the table and so on. The interviews were very short so my advice would be to make an immediate impact with your answers. Also they took two weeks to get back to me after my second interview, which I wasn't very happy with.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you think are needed to succeed at this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at First Derivatives in August 2014.

Phone Interview - The majority of questions were very general. They wanted to know you knew about what exactly the company does, its history and locations around the world as well as a full history of your academic background.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Derivatives.

I had 1 interview with a manager. This was not my manager in the end. Nothing difficult was asked. If you have done this kind of work before or worked in the finance industry you will know exactly how to answer. Negotiation over salary was done with HR. There was no "personality based" factor to dealing with HR prior to being hired.

They low balled me and I was able to get 30% more money from negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)

interviewed at First Derivatives in May 2014.

Telephone Interview: Very relaxed, It was basically a run through of my CV. And then there were a few questions about why I wanted to work for FD. The interview was done by HR, so you can imagine that it was a surface level interview. The next step is a face-to-face interview to be done at their head offices.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you think that you are a good fit as an FD employee.   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Derivatives in March 2014.

Applied online through website, interview was standard no real hard questions and was quite quick. logic test was a tester but it's not an overall decider.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Derivatives in March 2014.

I applied and got an invitation to telephone interview the next day. This was arranged for a few days later. The interview was a general scan of my CV etc which definitely tested my knowledge of the company but went well I thought. Within a day I had feedback and was invited to an assessment centre in the Newry office. All in all i thought this was a great experience and well organised. I was worried reading some reviews however I was very impressed throughout my time at the HQ office. The staff where professional and well organised. The entire interview process had a quick turn around from initial application - much better than other interview processes I have experienced so far.

Interview process was a mix of general 'get to know you' questions and some technical questions also. I'd advise to not have any holes in your CV as they were quite good at identifying periods where I was in between jobs etc. Despite being nervous I felt comfortable in the interview process - I left with a really good feeling about the place. And they have an XBox in the office!!

Interview Questions
    • I would advise you do your research into the Delta Suite in great detail   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Filled in online application. Invite to telephone interview with HR (non technical). Invite to face-to-face interview in London with a logic test. Questions: company's share price? Company's MD? When was the company founded? What stock exchanges is it listed on? Why do you want the job? What does FD do?

Interview Questions
    • All easy peasy. Although logic test is impossible to finish in the time limit. Each question is very time consuming but easy.   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Phone interview followed by an assessment centre in Newry. Assessment centre consisted of two interviews with HR, a group exercise and an exam. All pretty straight forward.