First Financial Merchant Services Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Financial Merchant Services

Credit Card Processing Sales Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Financial Merchant Services.

Attended a conference call. Once I decided to join I was assigned an agent director for training.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a difficult or unexpected question. On the conference call they talked about the company, how long they had been in business, the type of people they were looking for and the pay/commission/bonus structures.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. As an independent contractor on commission I was explained the commission structure. They also explained in detail the bonus structures. The other thing they explained is how often and when I would be paid.

Sales Coach Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Financial Merchant Services.

Submitted Application online and was contacted by HR. The recruiter went over my employment history and current and past responsibilities with me. I was then told I had to take a skills test in order to be considered for an interview. The recruiter emailed me the instructions for taking the online tests and said she would get back to me as soon as she had the results. The test felt like a watered down version of an IQ test and then moved onto a full on personality test. I thought it a little "out there" but figured this may be helpful to weed out those who may not share core values with the company.
    I was contacted by the recruiter after the results were in as she said she would, and she very excitedly told me that the VP of sales would be contacting me the next day for a phone interview. I must mention that several times during my conversations with her , she told me about the founders love for motivational speakers/speaking and referenced her numerous trips to Tony Robbins seminars paid for by the company. She spoke to me about the work hard play hard corporate culture, and once we were interrupted because her coworkers were shooting nerf guns over her head - I am not kidding NERF GUNS!!
    I received a call the next day from the VP of sales and after two or three questions- he explained I did not have the type of experience they were looking for and ended the call. Although I can completely understand that sometimes it is not a fit, but the HR person at the company knew exactly what my qualifications were - and she sent me through. What a waste of time - for all in involved.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Financial Merchant Services in March 2013.

I disregarded this company as a worthy prospect after the first conference call. They will ask you to join a call with the CEO, VP of Sales and other candidates. The call is fake/prerecorded which is tacky. If they spent more time qualifying applicants with a 10 minute phone call, maybe they would have more time to sing the alleged praises of their company. They will cite all of their awards about it being one of the best MN companies and places to work. I used to live and work in Minneapolis and as long as the company in question doesn't hold their employees at gun point like convicts and allow them to eat and take breaks, these awards are a dime a dozen. Moving on to the call... The CEO made many references to Warren Buffet investing in the business. Yes, he invests in the Merchant Services industry, not First Financial. Major difference. The VP of Sales went through 4 case studies of service offerings that put their sales people to the front of the competition. He's delusional. The first was leading with AVS. Hello! Everyone offers AVS. It's a requirement mandated by the card schemes! This is technology that is at least 15 years old. Hardly cutting edge or a new service offering. He then moved on to coupons for the local HS band to use at a local restaurant. This has nothing to do with merchant processing. This is a loyalty ploy that would be instigated by the merchant, not the merchant acquirer. No clue what his point was to that. Then he moved on to a dentist office situation where the terminal was set up as retail, but the invoices were processed as mo/to. Not exactly a reason to switch processors. All they have to do is tell their current processor to activate the mo/to prompts. It's the 21st century and they are marketing and selling value added services that were relevant in the early 1990's. This company is not current with the times so if you live in a competitive market or basically anyplace that's not technically challenged, their products and services will not be a competitive advantage. This might also explain why they have been in business for over 15 years, but only have 10,000 merchants in their portfolio. Even if there were 365 days in the year they were approving and boarding new business, this averages to 1.8 accounts a day that they are growing. Divide that by who knows how many sales people and it's obvious money opportunities are not here and their current sales force can't compete. I have 20 years experience in the industry (more than the VP by the way) If you have more than 1-2 years, move on. This is not worth it.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Financial Merchant Services in November 2008.

You meet with multiple members of the team either through phone or in person in the interview process. They make sure the candidate is not only the right fit for the position but also the company. They are very thorough and I appreciate that when looking for a place to work.

Interview Questions
    • You have to "sell" during the interview. Which is fine if you are in sales and looking for a sales company.   Answer Question
    Good. They listen to what you are looking for.