First Hawaiian Bank

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Hawaiian Bank.

Three interview. one with the staffing manager, department manager and division manager. staffing manager was a phone interview, the department and division was an in-person interview. There was some screening questions and an computer test to see if you are able to use Microsoft word and excel. Lots of waiting between interviews. Interviews were rescheduled twice.

Trade Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at First Hawaiian Bank in November 2012.

Phone call from HR, interview with direct hiring manager, then interview with team you will be working with

none

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Hawaiian Bank in June 2007.

Since I was leaving my job on REALLY good terms my CEO offered a recommendation for me. He made the initial contact for me and all I had to do was follow up. I choose to take the offer at First Hawaiian Bank vs another local bank because of the job description. I had an initial interview with HR and an interview with my CEO's contact and was offered a job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really have any difficult questions. Be prepared to answer questions about how long you expect to live in Hawaii and what brought you there if you aren't local.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a tiny increase in salary but that was it. I was already starting higher than others. Pay at FHB is bad.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Hawaiian Bank.

Meet in person; Do the test; Answer questions.

Compliance Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Hawaiian Bank in March 2012.

I applied on line and got a call for phone interview first. Then a few days later recieved a call to schedule a face to face interview. Face to face interview took about 40 min. Met 3 personnel from respective department. They gave me a briefe job discription and asked me how my past experience would fit. I explained my past experiences which is basically same job, however as the interview went on, I understand that they are looking for more entry level person. I told them that I beilive going back to basic is give me different perspective and oppotunity to grow better.
    After a few weeks later of the interview, they informed me that they hired somebody internaly.

Interview Questions
    • what is the worst criticism you have received from others?   Answer Question