First Hawaiian Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Trade Finance Associate Interview

Trade Finance Associate
Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone call from HR, interview with direct hiring manager, then interview with team you will be working with

Interview Question – what animal would you be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Service Representative Interview

Service Representative
Honolulu, HI

The process took 3 days - interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank in June 2007.

Interview Details – Since I was leaving my job on REALLY good terms my CEO offered a recommendation for me. He made the initial contact for me and all I had to do was follow up. I choose to take the offer at First Hawaiian Bank vs another local bank because of the job description. I had an initial interview with HR and an interview with my CEO's contact and was offered a job the next day.

Interview Question – I didn't really have any difficult questions. Be prepared to answer questions about how long you expect to live in Hawaii and what brought you there if you aren't local.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a tiny increase in salary but that was it. I was already starting higher than others. Pay at FHB is bad.

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank.

Interview Details – Meet in person; Do the test; Answer questions.

Interview Question – Why do I leave my current job?   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Compliance Officer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on line and got a call for phone interview first. Then a few days later recieved a call to schedule a face to face interview. Face to face interview took about 40 min. Met 3 personnel from respective department. They gave me a briefe job discription and asked me how my past experience would fit. I explained my past experiences which is basically same job, however as the interview went on, I understand that they are looking for more entry level person. I told them that I beilive going back to basic is give me different perspective and oppotunity to grow better.
After a few weeks later of the interview, they informed me that they hired somebody internaly.

Interview Question – what is the worst criticism you have received from others?   Answer Question

Worked for First Hawaiian Bank? Contribute to the Community!