First Investors Corporation Account Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in June 2010.

I was originally contacted by First Investors through Jobing.com. I decided to take the interview and see what it was all about. The interview process was very rapid. The first day consisted of an hour long presentation/about First investors/interview followed by a short 15 minute 1:1 interview. If you get the second interview expect to come back for a repeat of the same, only longer. The interview really felt like they were selling you how great, easy and fun it is to sell life insurance.

Interview Questions
  • What is something your friends would say is a negative about you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in February 2009.

The company contacted me to come in for an interview after they said they found my resume on Monster.com. I did a very brief phone interview and was asked to come in to meet with someone. Once I arrived I was placed in a meeting room with 5 other people and was givin a presentation about the company that lasted more than an hour and a half. It went into great detail about the company and what they do, how they do it, the training process, etc. It seemed impressive but I was very surprised that they expected people to sit through that long of a presentation before the one on one interviews. Then they began to call us back one by one for individual interviews. Here the person meeting with me only asked me 4 questions and spent about 5 minutes with me when they told me they wanted me to come back the next day for a second interview. They gave me a list of three questions that I was to answer and bring back the next day and I was also told to come back with ideas about how to get clients and sales. It seemed like they didn't really care to get the time to go over my skills and background the way a typical interview goes and instead wanted to just sell me on the company. Also, I was asked if I could start on Mondy when the second interview had only been on Thursday, which seemed very quick to me and would have left me no time to consider the offer. Overall I was left with a bad feeling.

Interview Questions
    • How would you solicit your family and friends for business?   View Answer

I read horrble things on Glassdoor.com about working for the company. It was enough to scare me away from working for them

Account Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in June 2009.

You first have a group "interview" where they explain the position and compensation. Following this, applicants are individually interviewed. At the end of this one-on-one interview, you get asked to come back the next day for a second and final interview. After you are offered the job and accept it, you must go through background checks as required by the SEC. You then start studying for your licensing exams and learning sales techniques. When you pass all your licensing exams, you move out on the floor and can start meeting and working with clients. If you fail your licensing exams more than once per license, you will be let go.

Interview Questions
    • What are your plans and goals/where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years?   View Answer
    You are able to negociate the days you are able to come in during your training phase (i.e. if you are finishing your last semester of college). Compensation is commission only, so there's not much to negociate. Once on the floor, other than mandatory training meetings and weekly employee meetings, you are pretty free to make your own schedule.

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!