First Investors Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Advisor Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on monster.com, and a week or so later was emailed and asked to come in for an interview. When i arrived to the office, there was 15 other candidates there all taking part in a group interview. Everyone was under the impression that it was a solo interview until we arrived. They did a half hour presentation outlining the job and pay. then we were pulled out one by one to do an exit solo interview. they are looking for outgoing people, so if you smiled alot and talked alot you were then asked to come back the next day for another group interview. The same process happened with about 5 people this time. We were pulled for exit interviews and i was told to come back the following day for a individual interview with the division manager. When that interview was finished i went home and later that night got a call telling me i was chosen for the position.I was asked to Provide 3 signed references by the weekend. They do a lenthy background investigation, where the last 10 years must be accounted for, and they also send employee letters to all your past employers. I later found out they interview 35 people in order to select myself. I felt very honored, until i started the job. My fist day i walked in the door to discover they hired 2 people, not just myself, and on top of that they were conducting another group interview that day.. another batch of 35 suckers. FIrst investors corp. hires all the time. Any fresh college grad who seems extremly outgoing and motivated will get the job. Im now on my second week there and am honestly considering quitting. Once your hired they ask you to put up over $750 in fees, and pay you nothing. your required to work 3 days a week for 7 hours a day, again with no pay. YOu spend about 2 months studying 500 pg text books, so you can obtain your licenses. NO PAY until you get the liceses. it is a Straight commissin job, and you have to bust your ass. 60 hours weeks are a must. THere is a positive side tho. If you can dedicate 3 years to gaining clients, then you might be looking at a 6 figure salary. I was told 1 in 7 will make it to see the 2nd year.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. If your get through the 3 interviews your probably so excited that you then become willing to do anything asked of you.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at First Investors Corporation

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

First Investors Corporation Videos

First Investors Corporation – Why Work for Us?

First Investors has been serving the financial needs of people from all walks of life since the Company was founded in 1930. Using a face-to-face approach to investments and life insurance, our team of registered… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Investors Corporation Advisor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by First Investors Corporation employees and interview candidates.