First Investors Corporation

First Investors Corporation Financial Advisor Interview Questions

2.1

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

First Investors has a large presence on college campuses. They have changed some of their salary policies and now offer a base salary and pay for their employees to get their S7. Doesn't seem like a bad deal I am still considering this company.

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in July 2013.

First interview is a group interview/ company presentation with about 10 other people that will last over an hour. Then after the presentation they pull you out one by one for a one-on-one interview with a senior manager mean while you wait you are stuck making small talk with about 9 other college-grad hopefuls.

After a few basic questions about your resume and personal attributes they ask you who you know that you would feel comfortable approaching to sell insurance to and what type of marketing plan you can come up with that will help you succeed. I was asked to come back for a second interview the next day but when I asked if there was any other available dates I was immediately told I would be contacted if they still wanted me to come in at a later date. A month later I got a call to come back. But at that point I had moved on.

Interview Questions
    • What past experience or personal quality will help you be successful in this type of working environment?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Went in to a career fair, handed in my resume, and was contacted a few days later to come in for an "interview." It was just a meeting with other potential interns to talk about the company and what it does.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2013.

I have only had a phone interview and am seeking another interview in person.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2013.

the first phone meeting is a get to know you 5 minute conversation. it was a waste of time. The second phone interview is with the regional manager and as long as you know what your talking about and can make them laugh you will move on to the in office interviews. your first in office interview is going over the basics of the position and getting to know you and the office. they will have you make a business plan for your final interview if you move on.

Interview Questions
    • how are you going to get in front of clients and get money.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in December 2012.

The first step in the process is receiving a phone call from a regional recruiter and they ask you very general questions- Do you know what kind of responsibilities this job has? Are you willing to work on commission? And other very general questions. If you just say yes and understand the position he/she will give you a positive review and recommend you for a one on one interview with the branch manager. Once you interview with the branch manger they ask about your school experience if you are right out of college or your work history, But most importantly they ask about your business network that you have and could build upon once you have the position. They want you to be able to show that you have the possibility to gain investors before you start. Once this interview concludes they will narrow down the applicant pool to a select few. If you make it past this stage they bring you out usually to lunch or dinner with the branch manager and another financial advisor who has already been there for a few years. You are told you can bring a parent/girlfriend/boyfriend/aunt/uncle or whoever if you so desire because at this point they want to make sure that the job is a fit for both you and the company. For me an offer followed this stage within just a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in April 2012.

They bring in a number of candidates for a 5-10 person group "interview". It is not at all an interview. The manager comes into the room and talks about the company, the industry, and the position for about an hour or so, asking questions along the way. When he is finished, another interviewer will take you each out one by one and ask if you have any questions. Each person spends only a minute or two with the second interviewer. He or she asks little to no questions. They will then review your resume and application again and get back to you within a week and let you know if they would like you to come in for the second interview (one on one this time.)

Interview Questions
    • Why does First Investors target the middle class as their primary customer base?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in May 2011.

They made it sound like I was going in for a 1 on 1 interview and then I showed up and was sitting next to another guy in my career center. We got to talking and realized we were going for the same company. We thought they had double booked the interview until they walked us into a room with 4 people already waiting. They were completely trying to sell the company and just didn't seem like an honest organization.

I did not trust them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in April 2011.

I was only there for one day and the interview was 1:1. We got a background of the company and asked very general questions: nothing specific to finance. As a finance major, it was interesting to find out that finance majors were not necessarily on the top of there list.

Interview Questions
    • GIve and example of a time you encountered a problem and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2011.

After applying, they call you back for a group/panel interview. Sit you in a room with about 15 other people, tell you how much you can make (even though there is no base salary). At the end of the talk, they take people out of the room one by one to interview for 10 minutes. Basic "why do you think you are a good fit" and questions off your resume.

They call you back for a second day where they say more about the "perks" (really just the commission upside if you make a lot) and you get in for a longer half hour interview