First Investors Corporation

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details – I have only had a phone interview and am seeking another interview in person.

Interview Question – What makes you right for the job.   Answer Question

North Haven, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in December 2012.

Interview Details – The first step in the process is receiving a phone call from a regional recruiter and they ask you very general questions- Do you know what kind of responsibilities this job has? Are you willing to work on commission? And other very general questions. If you just say yes and understand the position he/she will give you a positive review and recommend you for a one on one interview with the branch manager. Once you interview with the branch manger they ask about your school experience if you are right out of college or your work history, But most importantly they ask about your business network that you have and could build upon once you have the position. They want you to be able to show that you have the possibility to gain investors before you start. Once this interview concludes they will narrow down the applicant pool to a select few. If you make it past this stage they bring you out usually to lunch or dinner with the branch manager and another financial advisor who has already been there for a few years. You are told you can bring a parent/girlfriend/boyfriend/aunt/uncle or whoever if you so desire because at this point they want to make sure that the job is a fit for both you and the company. For me an offer followed this stage within just a few days.

Interview Question – How would you build your business network?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – First Investors has a large presence on college campuses. They have changed some of their salary policies and now offer a base salary and pay for their employees to get their S7. Doesn't seem like a bad deal I am still considering this company.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in July 2013.

Interview Details – First interview is a group interview/ company presentation with about 10 other people that will last over an hour. Then after the presentation they pull you out one by one for a one-on-one interview with a senior manager mean while you wait you are stuck making small talk with about 9 other college-grad hopefuls.

After a few basic questions about your resume and personal attributes they ask you who you know that you would feel comfortable approaching to sell insurance to and what type of marketing plan you can come up with that will help you succeed. I was asked to come back for a second interview the next day but when I asked if there was any other available dates I was immediately told I would be contacted if they still wanted me to come in at a later date. A month later I got a call to come back. But at that point I had moved on.

Interview Question – What past experience or personal quality will help you be successful in this type of working environment?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – Went in to a career fair, handed in my resume, and was contacted a few days later to come in for an "interview." It was just a meeting with other potential interns to talk about the company and what it does.

Interview Question – What are some short-term goals?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details – the first phone meeting is a get to know you 5 minute conversation. it was a waste of time. The second phone interview is with the regional manager and as long as you know what your talking about and can make them laugh you will move on to the in office interviews. your first in office interview is going over the basics of the position and getting to know you and the office. they will have you make a business plan for your final interview if you move on.

Interview Question – how are you going to get in front of clients and get money.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – Three step process. The first is a group interview explaining history and mission of company as well as pay and opportunity. The second interview is asking management any questions you may have. The third is a one on one interview with senior management.

Interview Question – How many people do you know?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The position is commissioned based, commission increase comes with promotion,

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in April 2012.

Interview Details – They bring in a number of candidates for a 5-10 person group "interview". It is not at all an interview. The manager comes into the room and talks about the company, the industry, and the position for about an hour or so, asking questions along the way. When he is finished, another interviewer will take you each out one by one and ask if you have any questions. Each person spends only a minute or two with the second interviewer. He or she asks little to no questions. They will then review your resume and application again and get back to you within a week and let you know if they would like you to come in for the second interview (one on one this time.)

Interview Question – Why does First Investors target the middle class as their primary customer base?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Walnut Creek, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in May 2011.

Interview Details – They made it sound like I was going in for a 1 on 1 interview and then I showed up and was sitting next to another guy in my career center. We got to talking and realized we were going for the same company. We thought they had double booked the interview until they walked us into a room with 4 people already waiting. They were completely trying to sell the company and just didn't seem like an honest organization.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for First Investors?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not trust them.

San Diego, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was only there for one day and the interview was 1:1. We got a background of the company and asked very general questions: nothing specific to finance. As a finance major, it was interesting to find out that finance majors were not necessarily on the top of there list.

Interview Question – GIve and example of a time you encountered a problem and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Investors Corporation

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

First Investors Corporation Videos

First Investors Corporation – Why Work for Us?

First Investors has been serving the financial needs of people from all walks of life since the Company was founded in 1930. Using a face-to-face approach to investments and life insurance, our team of registered… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Investors Corporation Financial Advisor interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by First Investors Corporation employees and interview candidates.