First Investors Corporation Financial Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Updated Jul 14, 2014
88 interviews

1.8

88 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interviewed with the San Jose Office a few yrs ago. The time I went we were all put in a room and were given an overview of what First Investors is all about. There was about 10 of us. Its a sales job, they look for the best ones who can BS customers into buying their funds. It doesn't take a genius to go google and figure out their funds trail most of their competitors.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing huge, What is your biggest strength, your biggest weakness, a time where you performed as a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Financial Services Representative Interview

They bring you in for a meeting where they discuss the history of the company and some of the things they strive to do. When I did mine they brought in another candidate at the same time which I was not very fond of. Then they ask a couple questions. I was asked to come back the next day where they gave more information and I sat down with t.he recruiter and she asked a couple of questions and eventually offered me the position

Interview Questions
    • What would your target customers be? It's kind of hard to determine that since you most likely don't have an experience in the sector.   Answer Question

It just seemed like you were asked to develop your leads on your own which would take a lot of risk and work to be successful

Financial Services Representative Interview

i applied online, then the following day they called me. Asked me some questions about my resume and asked why i could see myself at first investors. Then they wanted to have a formal interview in a group setting. They talked about the company and showed you a presentation. After the presentation they had a personal interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in December 2013.

It was a thorough 3 step interview process. They don't just hire anybody. First was a phone interview by a regional recruiter. Then a 1 on 1 interview with the Manager. Then a social interview with the manager at a restaurant. It was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you like to have an office of your own? And gave me three locations   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

A very informative first meeting. Shares a great deal of company information and position details.

Financial Service Representative Interview

The first round of interview consists an hour long presentation with a group of interviewees in an attempt to sell the company. Then the group splits into individual interviews. Typical behavioral questions such as what motivates you? What are your strengths and weaknesses. If you make it to the second round, the same exact process is repeated. Again with another presentation, this time more effort in selling compensation. Group separate in to one-on-ones. Decisions made almost right after the second round finishes.

Anonymous Employee  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

recruiter called and then set up phone interview with manager. then asked to come interview in person.

Interview Questions

wasnt what i thought position would be like.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

You meet with a manager with 10 other potential employees. You watch a First Investors video they show to their clients. From there the manager asks a series of questions and goes around the room. From there you go to individual interviews with both the manager and assistant manager. after you leave, you wait for a call back for a final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple questions, they ask you how you think you can start your business and what group of people you plan on targeting. -- just say you have a lot of friends and family who you believe would benefit from the product they sell- Life insurance, Investments!   Answer Question
    The manager showed me how I was going to be compensated and what the quota looked like.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Nice group overview the first day. Explain the rough blue print pretty well. As is industry standard, be prepared to be offered a position that is eventually 100% commission with a paid training period. I believe they didn't always have paid training, which is nice.

Interview Questions
    • Understand your basic/traditional interview skills....both verbal and non-verbal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in December 2013.

They emailed me back within 30 minutes of submitting my resume...at 10:30 PM. Both interviews began as a group interview with a presentation and then split to 1-on-1's. The atmosphere was pretty laid back and there were no difficult questions to answer at any point. The people were genuine and nice, but the opportunity seemed too good to be true.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question they asked was, "why should we hire you".   Answer Question

Everything sounded too good to be true. Plus, they want you to target family and friends right out of the gate.

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!