First Investors Corporation Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

group interview then a quick one on one interview. After that if everything went well they call you back to schedule an one on one interview with vice president. All they really care about is how and to whom your going to sell financial products ( mostly life insurance)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Began with a group interview that lasted around an hour. Very informative, lead by good manager. Then broke off into one on one interview that lasted about 5-10 minutes. Overall good experience. Was asked to return for second interview but it wasn't for me. Appeared to be very difficult to start your business and expect you to sell to friends and family.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day about coming in for an interview. First interview was a group interview detailing the job and the company, followed by a quick 3 question one on one interview where I was told they wanted me to come in for a second interview the following day. The second interview was again a group interview/info session explaining more about the position, such as a typical week and how commissions/pay worked and then another one on one interview. In the first interview, I was asked to come up with a sales/marketing strategy for finding clients that I presented the next day.

Interview Questions

• Asked about dedication to the firm/job and about having a strong work ethic.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

One group interview to start, then you are offered a "final round" interview. I asked if everyone was accepted to the final round, and they admitted that almost everyone was. I went to final round interviews and they had an hour or more long info session, along with three interview questions asked throughout.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Started out at campus recruitment in a room with 5 other people. Heard about the company for 45 minutes then talked one on one for 5 minutes. The second part of the interview was at the location that you are going to work in. It was a smaller group but again we heard about the training process and compensation process.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got called up a day before to come in for a group interview. Pretty standard; listened to a description about the the company for about 40-50 minutes, then split off and had one-on-ones. Asked me to come back the next day with some marketing strategies. Came back for a second interview the next day. Same deal except less people in the initial presentation. This is where they went into more detail about how the position was structured and how you would be making commissions. Followed by another one-on-one. Whole process about an hour and half.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

First part of the interview was in a room with three other people. Manager talked for about an hour about the company and our role, it's history and what to expect. Also he emphasized about how they were part of the community and very old fashioned and went door to door. Then took us in for a 5 minute interview. Was called in for a second interview and ask to bring a list with first 10 potential clients.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Hour long interview, talked with my would-be manager. I traveled 3 hours to present myself and the manager didn't know I was coming. It simply seemed like an average company to work for simply by the presentation to myself. Job was filled with long hours, and an absurdly low base pay. Wasn't the right fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Met the office manager and a representative at a career fair for my school. Based on my experience and ability to communicate well I was contacted to interview at the office. The first round was about an hour of reviewing the company and basically developing a positive image in your mind about them, a half hour of a group interview and about a half hour of one on one interviews. The company overview basically reviews their history, what they do, and how much they care about integrity, when in turn the basis of their business could be seen as aggressive and tactical. There were a few other people in the room and we were asked questions about our personality to which we all answered one by one, probably to prove how you can communicate with others watching you. Then there was a one on one interview with a rep, where they talk about your work experience and how the lessons learned there can apply to what is required at FI. The second round was structured the exact same way but with different people, and instead of a company overview they went over how you were compensated, which for anyone can be a deal breaker as pay is extremely low, to the point of near poverty until you are able to build a client base. What I got was that the fear of poverty and not being able to eat or afford living is your initial motivation to go out and make deals in the first 9 months.

Interview Questions

• What would be your marketing plan in the scenario that you lost all of your current friends, associates, and connections?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

I got a phone call from the office in Houston. I went for the interview. It took about 45 mins. They asked me just normal interview question nothing hard. At the end I was asked for a second interview.