First Investors Corporation Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

1.8

91 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

Group interview then personal interview. It is a total scam. No base salary, 100% commission. Good luck surviving on $5K/year. They try to convince you that the company is great but they will tell you to go sucker your parents into getting insurance that they don't need and then will pay you terribly. AVOID.

Total Scam.

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Financial Services Representative Interview

The interview process is very exciting. They showed the risks and rewards of different professions, and how the reward far outweighs the financial risk of beginning a career as a Financial Services Representative. The interview was very personal since it is a very personal career path, and it really gave me a chance to stand out among other potential hires.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. The most difficult thing for some potential hires might be that they have to let their personality out in a professional environment and have good oratory/public speaking skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview was very vague and most of it comprised of boasting about their company and very little time spent getting to know the candidates. First a group session explaining the company products followed by a break out session where individual candidates were "interviewed".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected really. Just asked if you have a big network of friends and family to sell their products to   Answer Question

Didn't see myself selling their products to my friends and family

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interviewed with the San Jose Office a few yrs ago. The time I went we were all put in a room and were given an overview of what First Investors is all about. There was about 10 of us. Its a sales job, they look for the best ones who can BS customers into buying their funds. It doesn't take a genius to go google and figure out their funds trail most of their competitors.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing huge, What is your biggest strength, your biggest weakness, a time where you performed as a team.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

They bring you in for a meeting where they discuss the history of the company and some of the things they strive to do. When I did mine they brought in another candidate at the same time which I was not very fond of. Then they ask a couple questions. I was asked to come back the next day where they gave more information and I sat down with t.he recruiter and she asked a couple of questions and eventually offered me the position

Interview Questions
    • What would your target customers be? It's kind of hard to determine that since you most likely don't have an experience in the sector.   Answer Question

It just seemed like you were asked to develop your leads on your own which would take a lot of risk and work to be successful

Financial Services Representative Interview

i applied online, then the following day they called me. Asked me some questions about my resume and asked why i could see myself at first investors. Then they wanted to have a formal interview in a group setting. They talked about the company and showed you a presentation. After the presentation they had a personal interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in December 2013.

It was a thorough 3 step interview process. They don't just hire anybody. First was a phone interview by a regional recruiter. Then a 1 on 1 interview with the Manager. Then a social interview with the manager at a restaurant. It was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you like to have an office of your own? And gave me three locations   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

A very informative first meeting. Shares a great deal of company information and position details.

Financial Service Representative Interview

The first round of interview consists an hour long presentation with a group of interviewees in an attempt to sell the company. Then the group splits into individual interviews. Typical behavioral questions such as what motivates you? What are your strengths and weaknesses. If you make it to the second round, the same exact process is repeated. Again with another presentation, this time more effort in selling compensation. Group separate in to one-on-ones. Decisions made almost right after the second round finishes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

recruiter called and then set up phone interview with manager. then asked to come interview in person.

Interview Questions

wasnt what i thought position would be like.

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!