First Investors Corporation
www.firstinvestors.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

First Investors Corporation Financial Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 13, 2014

Getting the Interview

84 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – The first round of interview consists an hour long presentation with a group of interviewees in an attempt to sell the company. Then the group splits into individual interviews. Typical behavioral questions such as what motivates you? What are your strengths and weaknesses. If you make it to the second round, the same exact process is repeated. Again with another presentation, this time more effort in selling compensation. Group separate in to one-on-ones. Decisions made almost right after the second round finishes.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – A very informative first meeting. Shares a great deal of company information and position details.

Interview Question – The questions were more conversational than anything.   Answer Question

Phila, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – recruiter called and then set up phone interview with manager. then asked to come interview in person.

Interview Question – why i wanted to work for the company   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – wasnt what i thought position would be like.

Financial Services Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – You meet with a manager with 10 other potential employees. You watch a First Investors video they show to their clients. From there the manager asks a series of questions and goes around the room. From there you go to individual interviews with both the manager and assistant manager. after you leave, you wait for a call back for a final interview.

Interview Question – Very simple questions, they ask you how you think you can start your business and what group of people you plan on targeting. -- just say you have a lot of friends and family who you believe would benefit from the product they sell- Life insurance, Investments!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager showed me how I was going to be compensated and what the quota looked like.

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – Nice group overview the first day. Explain the rough blue print pretty well. As is industry standard, be prepared to be offered a position that is eventually 100% commission with a paid training period. I believe they didn't always have paid training, which is nice.

Interview Question – Understand your basic/traditional interview skills....both verbal and non-verbal.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – They emailed me back within 30 minutes of submitting my resume...at 10:30 PM. Both interviews began as a group interview with a presentation and then split to 1-on-1's. The atmosphere was pretty laid back and there were no difficult questions to answer at any point. The people were genuine and nice, but the opportunity seemed too good to be true.

Interview Question – The hardest question they asked was, "why should we hire you".   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Everything sounded too good to be true. Plus, they want you to target family and friends right out of the gate.

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – First you get a phone screening, should be pretty easy if you have a pulse. Next goes to a group interview where they try to sell you the company as much as possible. Both group and individual interviews. Last interview you have the job.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions, nothing that wasn't expected.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in August 2011.

Interview Details – Two interviews, first one is a general overview of company. Second interview is more detailed in pay structure and how that works. After two interview sessions you are either offered or not offered.

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – It is a three step interview process with plenty of time in between interviews. Not many tough questions more personalty based. They want to make sure you are competitive and dedicated because the position is a grind.

Interview Question – You need to give them three references that are non work related   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pasadena, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – Originally approached due to my capability to process numbers. But, soon realized, the company was not acting professional. Went in for the interview and office was shabbily organized. Interviewer was 15 minutes late. Questions included nothing relevant to the job at hand. She asked me about my family background, and how their money was being taken care of. I immediately was not interested. When I got home, I read online that it was similar to a door-to-door approach for financial advising and was solely commission based.

Interview Question – How many people do you think you can get to switch over to us for their financial investments?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Investors Corporation

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

First Investors Corporation Videos

First Investors Corporation – Why Work for Us?

First Investors has been serving the financial needs of people from all walks of life since the Company was founded in 1930. Using a face-to-face approach to investments and life insurance, our team of registered… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Investors Corporation Financial Services Representative interview questions and advice. All 84 interview reviews posted anonymously by First Investors Corporation employees and interview candidates.