First Investors Corporation
www.firstinvestors.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

First Investors Corporation Financial Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
86 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – They bring you in for a meeting where they discuss the history of the company and some of the things they strive to do. When I did mine they brought in another candidate at the same time which I was not very fond of. Then they ask a couple questions. I was asked to come back the next day where they gave more information and I sat down with t.he recruiter and she asked a couple of questions and eventually offered me the position

Interview Question – What would your target customers be? It's kind of hard to determine that since you most likely don't have an experience in the sector.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It just seemed like you were asked to develop your leads on your own which would take a lot of risk and work to be successful

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – i applied online, then the following day they called me. Asked me some questions about my resume and asked why i could see myself at first investors. Then they wanted to have a formal interview in a group setting. They talked about the company and showed you a presentation. After the presentation they had a personal interview.

Interview Question – nothing really   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – A very informative first meeting. Shares a great deal of company information and position details.

Interview Question – The questions were more conversational than anything.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – The first round of interview consists an hour long presentation with a group of interviewees in an attempt to sell the company. Then the group splits into individual interviews. Typical behavioral questions such as what motivates you? What are your strengths and weaknesses. If you make it to the second round, the same exact process is repeated. Again with another presentation, this time more effort in selling compensation. Group separate in to one-on-ones. Decisions made almost right after the second round finishes.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Phila, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – recruiter called and then set up phone interview with manager. then asked to come interview in person.

Interview Question – why i wanted to work for the company   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – wasnt what i thought position would be like.

Financial Services Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – You meet with a manager with 10 other potential employees. You watch a First Investors video they show to their clients. From there the manager asks a series of questions and goes around the room. From there you go to individual interviews with both the manager and assistant manager. after you leave, you wait for a call back for a final interview.

Interview Question – Very simple questions, they ask you how you think you can start your business and what group of people you plan on targeting. -- just say you have a lot of friends and family who you believe would benefit from the product they sell- Life insurance, Investments!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager showed me how I was going to be compensated and what the quota looked like.

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – Nice group overview the first day. Explain the rough blue print pretty well. As is industry standard, be prepared to be offered a position that is eventually 100% commission with a paid training period. I believe they didn't always have paid training, which is nice.

Interview Question – Understand your basic/traditional interview skills....both verbal and non-verbal.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – They emailed me back within 30 minutes of submitting my resume...at 10:30 PM. Both interviews began as a group interview with a presentation and then split to 1-on-1's. The atmosphere was pretty laid back and there were no difficult questions to answer at any point. The people were genuine and nice, but the opportunity seemed too good to be true.

Interview Question – The hardest question they asked was, "why should we hire you".   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Everything sounded too good to be true. Plus, they want you to target family and friends right out of the gate.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in August 2011.

Interview Details – Two interviews, first one is a general overview of company. Second interview is more detailed in pay structure and how that works. After two interview sessions you are either offered or not offered.

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – First you get a phone screening, should be pretty easy if you have a pulse. Next goes to a group interview where they try to sell you the company as much as possible. Both group and individual interviews. Last interview you have the job.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions, nothing that wasn't expected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Investors Corporation

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

First Investors Corporation Videos

First Investors Corporation – Why Work for Us?

First Investors has been serving the financial needs of people from all walks of life since the Company was founded in 1930. Using a face-to-face approach to investments and life insurance, our team of registered… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Investors Corporation Financial Services Representative interview questions and advice. All 86 interview reviews posted anonymously by First Investors Corporation employees and interview candidates.