First Investors Corporation Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.9

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

One group interview to start, then you are offered a "final round" interview. I asked if everyone was accepted to the final round, and they admitted that almost everyone was. I went to final round interviews and they had an hour or more long info session, along with three interview questions asked throughout.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Started out at campus recruitment in a room with 5 other people. Heard about the company for 45 minutes then talked one on one for 5 minutes. The second part of the interview was at the location that you are going to work in. It was a smaller group but again we heard about the training process and compensation process.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got called up a day before to come in for a group interview. Pretty standard; listened to a description about the the company for about 40-50 minutes, then split off and had one-on-ones. Asked me to come back the next day with some marketing strategies.

Came back for a second interview the next day. Same deal except less people in the initial presentation. This is where they went into more detail about how the position was structured and how you would be making commissions. Followed by another one-on-one. Whole process about an hour and half.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

First part of the interview was in a room with three other people. Manager talked for about an hour about the company and our role, it's history and what to expect. Also he emphasized about how they were part of the community and very old fashioned and went door to door. Then took us in for a 5 minute interview. Was called in for a second interview and ask to bring a list with first 10 potential clients.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Hour long interview, talked with my would-be manager. I traveled 3 hours to present myself and the manager didn't know I was coming. It simply seemed like an average company to work for simply by the presentation to myself. Job was filled with long hours, and an absurdly low base pay. Wasn't the right fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Met the office manager and a representative at a career fair for my school. Based on my experience and ability to communicate well I was contacted to interview at the office. The first round was about an hour of reviewing the company and basically developing a positive image in your mind about them, a half hour of a group interview and about a half hour of one on one interviews. The company overview basically reviews their history, what they do, and how much they care about integrity, when in turn the basis of their business could be seen as aggressive and tactical. There were a few other people in the room and we were asked questions about our personality to which we all answered one by one, probably to prove how you can communicate with others watching you. Then there was a one on one interview with a rep, where they talk about your work experience and how the lessons learned there can apply to what is required at FI. The second round was structured the exact same way but with different people, and instead of a company overview they went over how you were compensated, which for anyone can be a deal breaker as pay is extremely low, to the point of near poverty until you are able to build a client base. What I got was that the fear of poverty and not being able to eat or afford living is your initial motivation to go out and make deals in the first 9 months.

Interview Questions

• What would be your marketing plan in the scenario that you lost all of your current friends, associates, and connections?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

I got a phone call from the office in Houston. I went for the interview. It took about 45 mins. They asked me just normal interview question nothing hard. At the end I was asked for a second interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

Received a phone call for an interview of which I do not recall applying for, but with the "I need a job , any job jitters" I agreed to an interview. Like everyone else described I was told to come in the following Tuesday for a group interview. After reading up on the company and position I opted out of the gig because with a new born I would not be able to commit the time required especially to a position I had no passion for (finance). Not to mention I did not have the money required to pay down on a licence for a position I have no interest in (finance)

Interview Questions

• Are you still interested in a position with us?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

First a company sales presentation to a group of candidates, followed by a brief individual interview. Business plan and prospect list for homework. Interviewed by manager and potential future supervisor, not an ignorant HR person. Interviewer freely shared his 30+ experience with the company, was enthusiastic about company and genuinly interested in candidates. Questions and assignments made sense.

Interview Questions

• asked to make a list of 100 friends with first name, first letter of last name, last 4 digit of phone number - enough to create a prospect list to call.   1 Answer

I've got a family to feed, this job is for a 20-year old, living with parents.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

First group Interview where they introduce you to the company and an overview of the job. Second interview, 1:1 with the Branch manager. Gives you a description of the job and asks questions about why you want to be in the industry and do this.

Interview Questions

• Usual Questions. Show that you are interested in the position and willing to work a lot of hours to get the job done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Pay a flat salary + Commissions based on the business you do.