First Investors Corporation Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Met the office manager and a representative at a career fair for my school. Based on my experience and ability to communicate well I was contacted to interview at the office. The first round was about an hour of reviewing the company and basically developing a positive image in your mind about them, a half hour of a group interview and about a half hour of one on one interviews. The company overview basically reviews their history, what they do, and how much they care about integrity, when in turn the basis of their business could be seen as aggressive and tactical. There were a few other people in the room and we were asked questions about our personality to which we all answered one by one, probably to prove how you can communicate with others watching you. Then there was a one on one interview with a rep, where they talk about your work experience and how the lessons learned there can apply to what is required at FI. The second round was structured the exact same way but with different people, and instead of a company overview they went over how you were compensated, which for anyone can be a deal breaker as pay is extremely low, to the point of near poverty until you are able to build a client base. What I got was that the fear of poverty and not being able to eat or afford living is your initial motivation to go out and make deals in the first 9 months.

Interview Questions
  • What would be your marketing plan in the scenario that you lost all of your current friends, associates, and connections?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

I got a phone call from the office in Houston. I went for the interview. It took about 45 mins. They asked me just normal interview question nothing hard. At the end I was asked for a second interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Received a phone call for an interview of which I do not recall applying for, but with the "I need a job , any job jitters" I agreed to an interview. Like everyone else described I was told to come in the following Tuesday for a group interview. After reading up on the company and position I opted out of the gig because with a new born I would not be able to commit the time required especially to a position I had no passion for (finance). Not to mention I did not have the money required to pay down on a licence for a position I have no interest in (finance)

Interview Questions
    • Are you still interested in a position with us?   View Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2015.

First a company sales presentation to a group of candidates, followed by a brief individual interview. Business plan and prospect list for homework. Interviewed by manager and potential future supervisor, not an ignorant HR person. Interviewer freely shared his 30+ experience with the company, was enthusiastic about company and genuinly interested in candidates. Questions and assignments made sense.

Interview Questions
    • asked to make a list of 100 friends with first name, first letter of last name, last 4 digit of phone number - enough to create a prospect list to call.   View Answer

I've got a family to feed, this job is for a 20-year old, living with parents.

Financial Services Representative Interview

First group Interview where they introduce you to the company and an overview of the job. Second interview, 1:1 with the Branch manager. Gives you a description of the job and asks questions about why you want to be in the industry and do this.

Interview Questions
    • Usual Questions. Show that you are interested in the position and willing to work a lot of hours to get the job done.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Pay a flat salary + Commissions based on the business you do.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Group interview then personal interview. It is a total scam. No base salary, 100% commission. Good luck surviving on $5K/year. They try to convince you that the company is great but they will tell you to go sucker your parents into getting insurance that they don't need and then will pay you terribly. AVOID.

Total Scam.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview was very vague and most of it comprised of boasting about their company and very little time spent getting to know the candidates. First a group session explaining the company products followed by a break out session where individual candidates were "interviewed".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected really. Just asked if you have a big network of friends and family to sell their products to   Answer Question

Didn't see myself selling their products to my friends and family

Financial Services Representative Interview

The interview process is very exciting. They showed the risks and rewards of different professions, and how the reward far outweighs the financial risk of beginning a career as a Financial Services Representative. The interview was very personal since it is a very personal career path, and it really gave me a chance to stand out among other potential hires.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. The most difficult thing for some potential hires might be that they have to let their personality out in a professional environment and have good oratory/public speaking skills   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation in August 2014.

Pretty simple interview process.
    applied online reached out to me by phone and email.
    Scheduled an interview for the following week and when i came in they set me into a room of 5 potential hires in a group interview.
    The manager came in and gave a 20 minute lecture on how great the company is and how you can become a millionaire with a bit of hard work.

Of course that all sounds nice, maybe it catches some more unaware folks but i've been through many of these interviews were the company is basically hiring you for your referrals.

BTW they then took us for a 5 minute 1 on 1 interviews.
    The manager showed interest and said i am actually better fit then the rest of the applicants and scheduled a second interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you better then the rest of the guys in the room.   Answer Question

It is not something im interested in, i cant sell their services to friends and family.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interviewed with the San Jose Office a few yrs ago. The time I went we were all put in a room and were given an overview of what First Investors is all about. There was about 10 of us. Its a sales job, they look for the best ones who can BS customers into buying their funds. It doesn't take a genius to go google and figure out their funds trail most of their competitors.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing huge, What is your biggest strength, your biggest weakness, a time where you performed as a team.   Answer Question