First Investors Corporation

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pasadena, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – Intern is unpaid. I turned in my resume to a representative at a career fair in my school. Got an email around 1 month later to an interview. On the interview day, the Assistance Vice President gave us (a group of 10 people) a presentation on the background of the company and how they do business with clients. After the presentation, we had one on one interview. This career path is not something for everyone.

Interview Question – What experiences do you have that make you qualify for this position?
What is your response if we call you back and offer you the position?
Why are you interested in financial service industry?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not the career path that I want.

Very Easy Interview

Woodbridge, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in February 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of 2 interviews, both were done in a group. The first interview one of the managers came in and put on a short video explaining what the company does and its values, beliefs, etc. Next, the 2 different types of internships they offer were broken down, explaining what would be required of us if we were hired. Then, the group was informed that everyone still interested was invited back for a 2nd interview. During the second interview we were asked questions like where we go to school and why we'd be an asset to the company. Upon leaving the 2nd interview an offer was made.

Interview Question – Why would I be a good fit for the company   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in February 2012.

Interview Details – Met with the branch managers who were acting as recruiters at an on-campus career fair. Handed them a resume and got an interview time. Later in the week I attended an introduction presentation, filled out an application, and did a 1-on-1 interview with one of the men. A few days I received a phone call from them asking a couple more questions and then was offered the summer intern position.

Interview Question – What was a time when I had to work for a bad manager and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online with the career center of USF and I got the interview. I went to their office with another 8 people, which we all had a information session with the supervisor, which he said he would take a look at the resumes and the applications forms and would call us back. After 2 to 3 weeks he called me and had a 5 minutes phone interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!