First Investors Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.0

Financial Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

You are called in for a group interview where it is a round table discussion of the company's background. Depending on what you have put on the application you are called in for a second interview where you sit one on one with either the manager of the office or a current rep. The questions were very general and easy to answer. The third interview basically means you got the job and at that point you are just filling out the necessary paperwork to get hired.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Submit application online, received phone call to set up phone interview, had phone interview, Scheduled and had two in person interviews with office manager about a week apart. All of this occured over about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your current business plan? The manager wanted to know my marketing/prospecting plan. It also helps to know this question for practical purposes as this is what you will be doing for 80% of the first year, unless you already have a book of business.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Applied to the position through simplyhired.com. received a call which was your standard 30 min "walk me through your resume." Went into the office for the face-to-face interview which consisted of receiving a group presentation followed by the one-on-on interview with an advisor. Very behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic. Really just asked "Why financial advising?"   Answer Question

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

First Investors has a large presence on college campuses. They have changed some of their salary policies and now offer a base salary and pay for their employees to get their S7. Doesn't seem like a bad deal I am still considering this company.

Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

Just act like you are interested and talk to other people in the waiting room because that is what they want to see... it will be a very important part of your job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No you get $8 an hour plus time and a half for only ten hours regardless of how much you actually work so it averages to like 9 DPH minus taxes.

Unknown Interview

Application

Interview

Was basic, as everyone else described I was told to come in for a group interview after a phone interview in which they told me what the position would entail.

Interview Questions

Interview

The are very quick to reply to any applications and seem to be hiring constantly. The first interview was basically a large group based affair where they sell you on the company and the opportunities available. Got invited back to a second interview quickly. Decided not to go as I learnt more about their business model which I find personally to be predatory and not for me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly interesting or unusual or difficult.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a job fair. They will send you an email to come in for an interview. The first interview is a group interview. They ask you very basic questions. They give you a presentation for about an hour then you do a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

Conflict with my masters program

Interview

Friendly and easy. Started as group interview then invited for a solo interview. Company was inciting but upon further research I found it was a scam. Being a recent college grad, I'm glad I did my research and saved my time and money. No one wants to lose any money trying to attain a full-time position. Plus they didn't even offer benefits.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

Interview

A very informative first meeting. Shares a great deal of company information and position details.