First Investors Corporation

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
151 candidate interviews

Pasadena, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – Job fair at college, process took about a week. Got a call requesting an interview. Email followed with details. Group interview/ long presentation followed by 1-1 break out interview. Group meet the next day with few people filtered out and another 1-1 breakout interview. Offered the position and really didn't see a future with it.

Interview Question – Strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Really didn't appeal to me. Its hard to want to sell financial plans to your friends and family, all for commission, with no base pay. Didn't see myself going anywhere with it.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – They bring you in for a meeting where they discuss the history of the company and some of the things they strive to do. When I did mine they brought in another candidate at the same time which I was not very fond of. Then they ask a couple questions. I was asked to come back the next day where they gave more information and I sat down with t.he recruiter and she asked a couple of questions and eventually offered me the position

Interview Question – What would your target customers be? It's kind of hard to determine that since you most likely don't have an experience in the sector.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It just seemed like you were asked to develop your leads on your own which would take a lot of risk and work to be successful

Pasadena, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a phone call from a recruiter to come in for an interview. I did not expect there to be other candidates present, there was a small group of other candidates. There was a presentation about the company that lasted for more than an hour. Then they pulled us out individually for 1 on 1 interviews. These 1 on 1 were very short. Maybe a little over five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Generic for the most part. Why do you want to work in financial services?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you planned every detail of a project and how it was successful or not.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got invited to a second interview but I declined, scheduling conflicts.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – i applied online, then the following day they called me. Asked me some questions about my resume and asked why i could see myself at first investors. Then they wanted to have a formal interview in a group setting. They talked about the company and showed you a presentation. After the presentation they had a personal interview.

Interview Question – nothing really   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Principal Interview

Administrative Principal

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – I was an intern first, and got hired after my internship had concluded. For that interview, it was first a group interview, one-on-one interview with assistant manager, one-on-one interview with manager, background check and fingerprinting.

Interview Question – Pretty run of the mill questions (Where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unpaid internship

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in April 2014.

Interview Details – They found my resume somewhere online and they called me about a data analyst position that was available. We scheduled a phone interview interview which is the first process.i have not heard back from them after the phone interview

Interview Question – Tell me something about you that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question

Financial Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – I met the recruiter at a job fair. They will send you an email to come in for an interview. The first interview is a group interview. They ask you very basic questions. They give you a presentation for about an hour then you do a one on one interview.

Interview Question – How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Conflict with my masters program

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – The are very quick to reply to any applications and seem to be hiring constantly. The first interview was basically a large group based affair where they sell you on the company and the opportunities available. Got invited back to a second interview quickly. Decided not to go as I learnt more about their business model which I find personally to be predatory and not for me.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly interesting or unusual or difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Services Representative Interview

Senior Financial Services Representative
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was a group interview where you are effectively "sold" that the company is a good one. After that, you are invited back to several one on one interviews with people who have been with the company for only a few months.

Interview Question – I don't remember any of the specific questions, as they were pretty generic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 100% Commission.

Financial Service Intern Interview

Financial Service Intern
Beaverton, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process included a couple of interviews. First on the college campus where I met with one of the managers of the local branch. When that interview was complete and they liked me, they invited me to an interview in their local office. Here I met with a different manager and got into more details about my goals and what the internship would entail.

Interview Question – In general it was actually pretty easy. It is a basic internship that gives the interns more of a look into the career path as opposed to actually having them be responsible for anything besides just showing up 2 days a week.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Investors Corporation

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

First Investors Corporation Videos

First Investors Corporation – Why Work for Us?

First Investors has been serving the financial needs of people from all walks of life since the Company was founded in 1930. Using a face-to-face approach to investments and life insurance, our team of registered… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Investors Corporation interview questions and advice. All 151 interview reviews posted anonymously by First Investors Corporation employees and interview candidates.