First Investors Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
157 interviews

1.9

Manager Trainee Interview

went on two interviews, it was for an entry level job so the questions were pointed towards how someone will fit in and whether they can pick up things quickly...

Financial Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

I applied through my university's career services website and received a phone call from the regional recruiter the next day. He asked some basic questions about your background and then asked me to come to the office to meet the manager the next day. About 10 other applicants were there. We were asked to introduce ourselves (be ready to have a good answer) and we were given a power point presentation about the company and their philanthropy (pretty cool).

After the presentation we were pulled out one at a time for a 1-on-1 interview. I was asked basic questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses. Why do you want to be a financial advisor? What do you want to work here? I was then asked to come back the next day for another interview. I was given a worksheet to fill out with 4 questions and was told to bring a business plan.

The next day I arrive and there were 5 of us. Here, we were given the break down of their trainee program and compensation. It comes out to about 2k per mo. for the 9 months and after week 6 you can make a little commission on top. After the 9 mo. you are considered a contractor and 100% commission. That's rare compared to the other places I have interviewed with exception to EJ. You are asked to take care of the exam fee but you're reimbursed. Halfway through we were asked to tell them something that wasn't on our resume and background.

After that we watched their company video (same one glassdoor has posted on their info page btw) and taken back out on a 1-on-1. Here I turned in the questions they gave me and business plan. Asked what time I worked as a team where there was a problem and I solved it. Time I worked on the phone with a customer and achieved the goal. What is your long term career goal. Why do you think you're a good fit. If offered the job what would you say. After the interview I was told they'd call me the next day with their decision!

Interview Questions
    • What are your long term goals besides making lots of money?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

The interview process consists of them calling you into a room and filling you with a bunch of garbage about how much they make with there great job at First Investors, but none of there clothes fit and they drive 98 corollas. All a ponzi scheme, with a cattle call first interview

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Great process. Starts with a phone interview followed by a one-on-one interview at the local branch. Pending a good first interview and a well-written business plan, a second "social" interview with a person that is close to you follows as a second interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interviewed with the San Jose Office a few yrs ago. The time I went we were all put in a room and were given an overview of what First Investors is all about. There was about 10 of us. Its a sales job, they look for the best ones who can BS customers into buying their funds. It doesn't take a genius to go google and figure out their funds trail most of their competitors.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing huge, What is your biggest strength, your biggest weakness, a time where you performed as a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Job fair at college, process took about a week. Got a call requesting an interview. Email followed with details. Group interview/ long presentation followed by 1-1 break out interview. Group meet the next day with few people filtered out and another 1-1 breakout interview. Offered the position and really didn't see a future with it.

Interview Questions

Really didn't appeal to me. Its hard to want to sell financial plans to your friends and family, all for commission, with no base pay. Didn't see myself going anywhere with it.

Financial Services Representative Interview

They bring you in for a meeting where they discuss the history of the company and some of the things they strive to do. When I did mine they brought in another candidate at the same time which I was not very fond of. Then they ask a couple questions. I was asked to come back the next day where they gave more information and I sat down with t.he recruiter and she asked a couple of questions and eventually offered me the position

Interview Questions
    • What would your target customers be? It's kind of hard to determine that since you most likely don't have an experience in the sector.   Answer Question

It just seemed like you were asked to develop your leads on your own which would take a lot of risk and work to be successful

Anonymous Employee  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in July 2014.

Applied online. Received a phone call from a recruiter to come in for an interview. I did not expect there to be other candidates present, there was a small group of other candidates. There was a presentation about the company that lasted for more than an hour. Then they pulled us out individually for 1 on 1 interviews. These 1 on 1 were very short. Maybe a little over five minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Generic for the most part. Why do you want to work in financial services?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you planned every detail of a project and how it was successful or not.   Answer Question

I got invited to a second interview but I declined, scheduling conflicts.

Financial Services Representative Interview

i applied online, then the following day they called me. Asked me some questions about my resume and asked why i could see myself at first investors. Then they wanted to have a formal interview in a group setting. They talked about the company and showed you a presentation. After the presentation they had a personal interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in December 2013.

It was a thorough 3 step interview process. They don't just hire anybody. First was a phone interview by a regional recruiter. Then a 1 on 1 interview with the Manager. Then a social interview with the manager at a restaurant. It was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you like to have an office of your own? And gave me three locations   Answer Question

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!