First Investors Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Services Representative Interview

Senior Financial Services Representative
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was a group interview where you are effectively "sold" that the company is a good one. After that, you are invited back to several one on one interviews with people who have been with the company for only a few months.

Interview Question – I don't remember any of the specific questions, as they were pretty generic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 100% Commission.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details – I have only had a phone interview and am seeking another interview in person.

Interview Question – What makes you right for the job.   Answer Question

Registered Representative Interview

Registered Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview is as a group. The top few applicants will be called back for a 2nd interview 1-on-1 with the manager or assistant manager. The top person will be offered the position.

Interview Question – They asked ethics related questions and why I thought I'd be right for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are hired as an independent contractor which means there is no salary so there is no negotiation about time off or pay. Legally you could probably take as much time off as you want, but you won't set appointments which means you won't make any money.

Financial Services Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – A very informative first meeting. Shares a great deal of company information and position details.

Interview Question – The questions were more conversational than anything.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – The first round of interview consists an hour long presentation with a group of interviewees in an attempt to sell the company. Then the group splits into individual interviews. Typical behavioral questions such as what motivates you? What are your strengths and weaknesses. If you make it to the second round, the same exact process is repeated. Again with another presentation, this time more effort in selling compensation. Group separate in to one-on-ones. Decisions made almost right after the second round finishes.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at First Investors Corporation

Interview Details – Received a call from a recruiter about 3 weeks after initial submission of online application. An interview was scheduled followed by a second interview with the department manager. Interview was extremely informative. Overall process from initial application to offer was about 6 weeks. Overall impression is that both the position and company itself has a lot of growth potential.

Interview Question – If you could take this position and design it to your liking, how would the job description read?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
North Haven, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in December 2012.

Interview Details – The first step in the process is receiving a phone call from a regional recruiter and they ask you very general questions- Do you know what kind of responsibilities this job has? Are you willing to work on commission? And other very general questions. If you just say yes and understand the position he/she will give you a positive review and recommend you for a one on one interview with the branch manager. Once you interview with the branch manger they ask about your school experience if you are right out of college or your work history, But most importantly they ask about your business network that you have and could build upon once you have the position. They want you to be able to show that you have the possibility to gain investors before you start. Once this interview concludes they will narrow down the applicant pool to a select few. If you make it past this stage they bring you out usually to lunch or dinner with the branch manager and another financial advisor who has already been there for a few years. You are told you can bring a parent/girlfriend/boyfriend/aunt/uncle or whoever if you so desire because at this point they want to make sure that the job is a fit for both you and the company. For me an offer followed this stage within just a few days.

Interview Question – How would you build your business network?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Lombard, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Monday evening. The recruiter called me back on Wednesday morning to set up an interview for the following Wednesday at 10AM. I then did some research on First Investors and was concerned about some of the comments I saw. So I called the recruiter back to ask about the position more and the benefits. I asked specifically if this position is a contract position or a full time hire position with full benefits. The recruiter told me this is a full time hire position with a salary and after my third month I would be eligible for full benefits including medical, dental, 401k, etc. I explained that I just wanted to ask as I saw the different Financial Services Representative position - the recruiter advised me that is for a different position and that was not the case for the position I had applied to. She also told me the person I was meeting with is looking forward to meeting with me and she appreciated my calling to ask these questions.

I showed up on Wednesday to the interview to find myself placed in a room with 10 other interviewees. The head of the office came in and introduced himself and the first thing he said was this is not an interview just so you all know. They also handed me a pamphlet hand out and folder with the information. In the letter in the hand out, it said you have been selected in a detailed search for this interview. It also said in the pamphlet that this is a contract position and it was for the Financial Service Representative position (different than what I was told and for what I applied for).

After about 10 minutes of the head of the office speaking about the nothing related to the position - he was talking only about the history of the company and was asking us questions like, "do you know what a Financial Planner does?" Shortly after, another guy in the room got up and walked out, and I did so as well. The conductor of this "interview" did not even seem to care or bat an eye. It seemed as if this was commonplace.

Overall - this company is a complete and absolute farce. They flat out lied to my face and the recruiter was an absolute fraud. This is unacceptable and no reputable company would ever lie to potential hires.

Whatever you do, do NOT apply to this company or have anything to do with them!

They are an absolute disgrace of a company!

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Phila, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – recruiter called and then set up phone interview with manager. then asked to come interview in person.

Interview Question – why i wanted to work for the company   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – wasnt what i thought position would be like.

Financial Services Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – You meet with a manager with 10 other potential employees. You watch a First Investors video they show to their clients. From there the manager asks a series of questions and goes around the room. From there you go to individual interviews with both the manager and assistant manager. after you leave, you wait for a call back for a final interview.

Interview Question – Very simple questions, they ask you how you think you can start your business and what group of people you plan on targeting. -- just say you have a lot of friends and family who you believe would benefit from the product they sell- Life insurance, Investments!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager showed me how I was going to be compensated and what the quota looked like.