First Investors Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

1.9

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Miami, FL).

Interview

the interview process consisted of an on campus information session, one on campus interview and one group interview at their local offices. each session seemed like a review of the first and went over the same general topics.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about the company, we were asked our thoughts on working for a company like first investors. nothing technical   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

(Group interview) Two interviews, but it's an hour long for each and mostly the manager talked the whole time about the company (on the first interview) and explain more details about the job (on the second interview). Then individual interview for 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why do you feel you're a good fit for the company   Answer Question

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview with the director of HR. While waiting for her to come get me for the interview I had to fill out a 20 page application. Then I went into the director's office and we just chatted about my background and I was advised what the role consisted of. Then I had to take a critical thinking assessment. You answer 50 questions in 12 minutes so you won't answer them all. After that I waited in a separate room for about 20 mins, I was told I was waiting on the VP to interview with me as well but he was busy so they would schedule me another interview. I never heard back after that.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day about coming in for an interview. First interview was a group interview detailing the job and the company, followed by a quick 3 question one on one interview where I was told they wanted me to come in for a second interview the following day. The second interview was again a group interview/info session explaining more about the position, such as a typical week and how commissions/pay worked and then another one on one interview. In the first interview, I was asked to come up with a sales/marketing strategy for finding clients that I presented the next day.

Interview Questions

• Asked about dedication to the firm/job and about having a strong work ethic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Overland Park, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview ended up being a group interview with three other applicants which was a surprise me. The whole interview was pretty much just a presentation about the company. It wasn't until the end of the presentation that we met one on one the managers but only for a short time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were apart of a group responsible for selling 100 books. You ended up selling 70 books by yourself and you didn't receive any credit.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview is more like a group overview of the company. It was a good way to learn about what the company is about and where you would fit if you were offered a position and accepted. The VP of Sales was super open about how he wanted the right fit and made it very easy to understand everything about the company. After the initial group overview the VP took both me and the other applicant for one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• The first question was is you believed you'd be a good fit here.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

One group interview to start, then you are offered a "final round" interview. I asked if everyone was accepted to the final round, and they admitted that almost everyone was. I went to final round interviews and they had an hour or more long info session, along with three interview questions asked throughout.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

The process started with an interview on college campus. They catch everyone off guard by conducting a 'group interview' which I would consider more of a meeting. From there I had a one-on-one interview with the branch manager/vice president. From there I had one final interview (which started as another 'group interview/meeting' and then broke into individual interviews). I was offered the position the following day. The questions are very basic and easy to answer. The whole process is misleading in that you think it is one-on-one. They seem to talk up their company, and ask very rhetorical questions. I.e. "Wouldn't you have wanted to more money during college?" The other reviews are pretty spot on. The MOST misleading aspect was that they told me they provided salary. The base-pay salary is only during the training phase, and then it's 100% commissions. The base pay during training was minimum wage ($8/hour [starvation wages]) + commission (if you can make any). I took the job, but I continue to search for other positions. I was turned off by the company in general. The other reviews are dead on.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with an unexpected problem?   Answer Question

First Investors Corporation Response

May 15, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Financial services is one of the few industries where there is no limit on an individual’s income, so once an employee becomes an independent contractor they have ... More

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Started out at campus recruitment in a room with 5 other people. Heard about the company for 45 minutes then talked one on one for 5 minutes. The second part of the interview was at the location that you are going to work in. It was a smaller group but again we heard about the training process and compensation process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Investors Corporation (Overland Park, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

Took me into interview with someone else talked for a while about the company, filled out information, then went for a personal interview, asked me leadership related questions. The branch manager then asked for second interview.

Interview Questions

• If you did the majority of a project, but the team got recognition? for the entire project, how would you react   Answer Question