First Investors Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.9

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Scheduled an interview at an information session then met with them for a two part interview. The first interview was just a screening to see if you'd be a good fit. The second interview they asked for a marketing plan and asked interview questions from a question sheet they gave you beforehand.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

I got a phone call from the office in Houston. I went for the interview. It took about 45 mins. They asked me just normal interview question nothing hard. At the end I was asked for a second interview.

Registered Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

Submitted an application online
    Heard back in 2 weeks
    Came in for group interview which is not much of an interview. They pitch you on the company the whole time, ask about your involvements and what makes you qualified
    Interview lasted about an hour and a half. Met one on one with a manager for a 5 minute meeting after the group interview/info session. Got invited back after 3 basic qualification questions.
    Second interview was easy. Offered me the position within 15 minutes. Never had any curveballs. Really nice people interviewing!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Unknown Interview

Application

Interview

Was basic, as everyone else described I was told to come in for a group interview after a phone interview in which they told me what the position would entail.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

Received a phone call for an interview of which I do not recall applying for, but with the "I need a job , any job jitters" I agreed to an interview. Like everyone else described I was told to come in the following Tuesday for a group interview. After reading up on the company and position I opted out of the gig because with a new born I would not be able to commit the time required especially to a position I had no passion for (finance). Not to mention I did not have the money required to pay down on a licence for a position I have no interest in (finance)

Interview Questions

• Are you still interested in a position with us?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

First a company sales presentation to a group of candidates, followed by a brief individual interview. Business plan and prospect list for homework. Interviewed by manager and potential future supervisor, not an ignorant HR person. Interviewer freely shared his 30+ experience with the company, was enthusiastic about company and genuinly interested in candidates. Questions and assignments made sense.

Interview Questions

• asked to make a list of 100 friends with first name, first letter of last name, last 4 digit of phone number - enough to create a prospect list to call.   1 Answer

I've got a family to feed, this job is for a 20-year old, living with parents.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

The interview started with a presentation about what the company was about. After that they asked us general questions about ourselves to break the ice. Later they talked about what the internship was going to be like. After the interview, they told us that they will get back to us around a week or so by email.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

First group Interview where they introduce you to the company and an overview of the job. Second interview, 1:1 with the Branch manager. Gives you a description of the job and asks questions about why you want to be in the industry and do this.

Interview Questions

• Usual Questions. Show that you are interested in the position and willing to work a lot of hours to get the job done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Pay a flat salary + Commissions based on the business you do.

Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

Just act like you are interested and talk to other people in the waiting room because that is what they want to see... it will be a very important part of your job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No you get $8 an hour plus time and a half for only ten hours regardless of how much you actually work so it averages to like 9 DPH minus taxes.

Interview

Friendly and easy. Started as group interview then invited for a solo interview. Company was inciting but upon further research I found it was a scam. Being a recent college grad, I'm glad I did my research and saved my time and money. No one wants to lose any money trying to attain a full-time position. Plus they didn't even offer benefits.