First Investors Corporation

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

1.9

Financial Services Representative Interview

Nice group overview the first day. Explain the rough blue print pretty well. As is industry standard, be prepared to be offered a position that is eventually 100% commission with a paid training period. I believe they didn't always have paid training, which is nice.

Interview Questions
    • Understand your basic/traditional interview skills....both verbal and non-verbal.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

First you get a phone screening, should be pretty easy if you have a pulse. Next goes to a group interview where they try to sell you the company as much as possible. Both group and individual interviews. Last interview you have the job.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, nothing that wasn't expected.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

It is a three step interview process with plenty of time in between interviews. Not many tough questions more personalty based. They want to make sure you are competitive and dedicated because the position is a grind.

Interview Questions
    • You need to give them three references that are non work related   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in December 2013.

They emailed me back within 30 minutes of submitting my resume...at 10:30 PM. Both interviews began as a group interview with a presentation and then split to 1-on-1's. The atmosphere was pretty laid back and there were no difficult questions to answer at any point. The people were genuine and nice, but the opportunity seemed too good to be true.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question they asked was, "why should we hire you".   Answer Question

Everything sounded too good to be true. Plus, they want you to target family and friends right out of the gate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in December 2013.

It was a thorough 3 step interview process. They don't just hire anybody. First was a phone interview by a regional recruiter. Then a 1 on 1 interview with the Manager. Then a social interview with the manager at a restaurant. It was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you like to have an office of your own? And gave me three locations   Answer Question

Registered Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Lengthy interview process. Took about a month. Initial phone screening followed by in- person interviews and interviews with referrals you've listed. Overall not very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Compile a list of your closest 50 people that you know.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

First Investors has a large presence on college campuses. They have changed some of their salary policies and now offer a base salary and pay for their employees to get their S7. Doesn't seem like a bad deal I am still considering this company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at First Investors Corporation in November 2013.

Intern is unpaid. I turned in my resume to a representative at a career fair in my school. Got an email around 1 month later to an interview. On the interview day, the Assistance Vice President gave us (a group of 10 people) a presentation on the background of the company and how they do business with clients. After the presentation, we had one on one interview. This career path is not something for everyone.

Interview Questions
    • What experiences do you have that make you qualify for this position?
      What is your response if we call you back and offer you the position?
      Why are you interested in financial service industry?

Answer Question

Not the career path that I want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Originally approached due to my capability to process numbers. But, soon realized, the company was not acting professional. Went in for the interview and office was shabbily organized. Interviewer was 15 minutes late. Questions included nothing relevant to the job at hand. She asked me about my family background, and how their money was being taken care of. I immediately was not interested. When I got home, I read online that it was similar to a door-to-door approach for financial advising and was solely commission based.

Interview Questions
    • How many people do you think you can get to switch over to us for their financial investments?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Applied online through their website. Got a phone call from the regional recruiter, asked few basic questions about why you chose the company. Then you will set a date for the first interview with the specific location office. First interview was a group interview which the division manager talked about backgrounds. Then you will get to second round. Manager will call and set another date, ask him/her what you will need to prepare they will give you a heads up. Do your homework and most likely you will get an offer.

Interview Questions

Not the type of job I wanted.