First Investors Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Phila, PA).

Interview

recruiter called and then set up phone interview with manager. then asked to come interview in person.

Interview Questions

wasnt what i thought position would be like.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation in February 2014.

Interview

I found out about this job through a recruiting website. I applied and got an email to schedule a phone interview a couple of days later. After the phone interview, I sat down on two personal interviews with two of the managers; each lasting about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can do well in this business?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

You meet with a manager with 10 other potential employees. You watch a First Investors video they show to their clients. From there the manager asks a series of questions and goes around the room. From there you go to individual interviews with both the manager and assistant manager. after you leave, you wait for a call back for a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Very simple questions, they ask you how you think you can start your business and what group of people you plan on targeting. -- just say you have a lot of friends and family who you believe would benefit from the product they sell- Life insurance, Investments!   Answer Question

Negotiation

The manager showed me how I was going to be compensated and what the quota looked like.

Interview

Nice group overview the first day. Explain the rough blue print pretty well. As is industry standard, be prepared to be offered a position that is eventually 100% commission with a paid training period. I believe they didn't always have paid training, which is nice.

Interview Questions

• Understand your basic/traditional interview skills....both verbal and non-verbal.   Answer Question

Interview

First you get a phone screening, should be pretty easy if you have a pulse. Next goes to a group interview where they try to sell you the company as much as possible. Both group and individual interviews. Last interview you have the job.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, nothing that wasn't expected.   Answer Question

Interview

It is a three step interview process with plenty of time in between interviews. Not many tough questions more personalty based. They want to make sure you are competitive and dedicated because the position is a grind.

Interview Questions

• You need to give them three references that are non work related   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2013.

Interview

They emailed me back within 30 minutes of submitting my resume...at 10:30 PM. Both interviews began as a group interview with a presentation and then split to 1-on-1's. The atmosphere was pretty laid back and there were no difficult questions to answer at any point. The people were genuine and nice, but the opportunity seemed too good to be true.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question they asked was, "why should we hire you".   Answer Question

Everything sounded too good to be true. Plus, they want you to target family and friends right out of the gate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Miramar, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

It was a thorough 3 step interview process. They don't just hire anybody. First was a phone interview by a regional recruiter. Then a 1 on 1 interview with the Manager. Then a social interview with the manager at a restaurant. It was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to have an office of your own? And gave me three locations   Answer Question

Registered Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. Took about a month. Initial phone screening followed by in- person interviews and interviews with referrals you've listed. Overall not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Compile a list of your closest 50 people that you know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

First Investors has a large presence on college campuses. They have changed some of their salary policies and now offer a base salary and pay for their employees to get their S7. Doesn't seem like a bad deal I am still considering this company.