First Investors Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
158 interviews

1.9

Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Two rounds of interview. It was pretty quick and very easy. You meet with the hr person and your supervisor. Also you have to take math,verbal,writing tests. I got the offer on the same day after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    nope, but the salary is kinda low.

Financial Advisor Interview

Went in to a career fair, handed in my resume, and was contacted a few days later to come in for an "interview." It was just a meeting with other potential interns to talk about the company and what it does.

Financial Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

You are called in for a group interview where it is a round table discussion of the company's background. Depending on what you have put on the application you are called in for a second interview where you sit one on one with either the manager of the office or a current rep. The questions were very general and easy to answer. The third interview basically means you got the job and at that point you are just filling out the necessary paperwork to get hired.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2013.

Initial phone screen to determine if you have a pulse. Second phone screen with regional director to rehash weather or not you have a pulse and then an in office interview with the managing director....a sales pitch on how wonderful the company is because it carries no debt. While the phone screeners are explicit that industry experience is a plus, the office directors clearly frown on those with industry knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any questions, it was more of a sales pitch on their part.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

First i had a phone interview with a recruiter that asked me a few questions like do you feel you fit this job? Things like that. Then i had a second interview with another recruiter and asked me more in depth questions and what the job offers

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to come up with 300 people to talk too?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2013.

the first phone meeting is a get to know you 5 minute conversation. it was a waste of time. The second phone interview is with the regional manager and as long as you know what your talking about and can make them laugh you will move on to the in office interviews. your first in office interview is going over the basics of the position and getting to know you and the office. they will have you make a business plan for your final interview if you move on.

Interview Questions
    • how are you going to get in front of clients and get money.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in February 2012.

They didn't ask a lot of questions from me. They spent a lot of time during the two day interviewing processes explaining their company and their goals. Don't need any prior knowledge of the industry going in, just need to be personal.

100% commission so not much negotiating

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The interview process was very easy. It started with a recruiter talking about their company and it seems as if he was trying to sell you on the job. Everyone from the first round was passed onto the second round. This job was all commission base and I decline as a result.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in February 2012.

The hiring process consisted of 2 interviews, both were done in a group. The first interview one of the managers came in and put on a short video explaining what the company does and its values, beliefs, etc. Next, the 2 different types of internships they offer were broken down, explaining what would be required of us if we were hired. Then, the group was informed that everyone still interested was invited back for a 2nd interview. During the second interview we were asked questions like where we go to school and why we'd be an asset to the company. Upon leaving the 2nd interview an offer was made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenbelt, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in May 2012.

It was a group interview conducted by the branch manager. It entailed a well-organized and presented powerpoint presentation. Questions were answered promptly and satisfactorily. The manager was understanding of individual circumstances. The interview clearly laid out the job, responsibilities, and opportunities available at the company. They did not discuss salary/commission structure until the second interview.