First Investors Corporation

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Great process. Starts with a phone interview followed by a one-on-one interview at the local branch. Pending a good first interview and a well-written business plan, a second "social" interview with a person that is close to you follows as a second interview.

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Registered Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Lengthy interview process. Took about a month. Initial phone screening followed by in- person interviews and interviews with referrals you've listed. Overall not very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Compile a list of your closest 50 people that you know.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in October 2010.

Initial interview is as a group. The top few applicants will be called back for a 2nd interview 1-on-1 with the manager or assistant manager. The top person will be offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • They asked ethics related questions and why I thought I'd be right for the job.   Answer Question
    You are hired as an independent contractor which means there is no salary so there is no negotiation about time off or pay. Legally you could probably take as much time off as you want, but you won't set appointments which means you won't make any money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in March 2010.

The interview consisted of a manager making a presentation for about an hour and then you are taken out 1 by 1 to get interviewed by a manager from the office. They ask questions about why you feel like you would be a good fit but this part lasts only a few minutes and then I was offered a second interview. I returned the next day and went through a similar process. I learned that I needed to pay almost $800 to get licensed and that the pay was 100% commission. Not a good situation for everyone and I was looking for a benefit package because I would be graduating college. Ultimately, not a difficult interview and they are looking for takers on a pretty difficult setup for a first career.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a financial advisor   View Answer

Registered Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in November 2010.

Interview went well, 3 step process. If you are forward and want to help people you should do fine. My only concern is that I felt like the company was trying to sell you more on the job than you are selling yourself to them. Overall seems like a decent company.

Registered Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in February 2009.

First we started in a group where we gained an overall understanding of First Investors as a company and of the job. They gave us a little background about the company, and also gave us a pretty thorough run down of what it would be like to be a financial rep (what a normal work day would be like, advancement opportunities, etc.). Then we broke off in to one-on-ones with the interviewers who then basically held a typical interview with pretty typical questions for an interview.