First Investors Corporation
www.firstinvestors.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

First Investors Corporation Registered Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview is as a group. The top few applicants will be called back for a 2nd interview 1-on-1 with the manager or assistant manager. The top person will be offered the position.

Interview Question – They asked ethics related questions and why I thought I'd be right for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are hired as an independent contractor which means there is no salary so there is no negotiation about time off or pay. Legally you could probably take as much time off as you want, but you won't set appointments which means you won't make any money.

Registered Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview Details – Lengthy interview process. Took about a month. Initial phone screening followed by in- person interviews and interviews with referrals you've listed. Overall not very professional.

Interview Question – Compile a list of your closest 50 people that you know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a manager making a presentation for about an hour and then you are taken out 1 by 1 to get interviewed by a manager from the office. They ask questions about why you feel like you would be a good fit but this part lasts only a few minutes and then I was offered a second interview. I returned the next day and went through a similar process. I learned that I needed to pay almost $800 to get licensed and that the pay was 100% commission. Not a good situation for everyone and I was looking for a benefit package because I would be graduating college. Ultimately, not a difficult interview and they are looking for takers on a pretty difficult setup for a first career.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a financial advisor   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Registered Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in February 2009.

Interview Details – First we started in a group where we gained an overall understanding of First Investors as a company and of the job. They gave us a little background about the company, and also gave us a pretty thorough run down of what it would be like to be a financial rep (what a normal work day would be like, advancement opportunities, etc.). Then we broke off in to one-on-ones with the interviewers who then basically held a typical interview with pretty typical questions for an interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Registered Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Investors Corporation in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview went well, 3 step process. If you are forward and want to help people you should do fine. My only concern is that I felt like the company was trying to sell you more on the job than you are selling yourself to them. Overall seems like a decent company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Investors Corporation

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

First Investors Corporation Videos

First Investors Corporation – Why Work for Us?

First Investors has been serving the financial needs of people from all walks of life since the Company was founded in 1930. Using a face-to-face approach to investments and life insurance, our team of registered… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Investors Corporation Registered Representative interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by First Investors Corporation employees and interview candidates.