First Investors Corporation Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation in September 2014.

the application was very easy. they contacted me the next day for an interview. didn't like the job. it's a group interview at first then individual. The salary is not good for somebody that has a bachelors degree. it's 25,000 a year for the first year then 100% commission.

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in March 2010.

Showed up for interview. I was also surprised that it was a group interview. The presentation had energy and liveliness. I disliked the idea of everyone competing to make themselves look good when going around the table, though I was selected for the second day part of the interview. It was a long presentation in my opinion.

Pros:
    Easy interview process
    Presenter and interviewers nice (though very pushy now that I look back. Or their term I saw used, "motivating")
    Sounds like a fun atmosphere with the perks

Cons:
    They'll take any college graduate
    Group interview *with competition games of you showing how you're so awesome*
    Pushy to get you to accept the offer....now now now!
    No financial knowledge required at all?
    Final interview office was messy in my opinion, and I was very surprised at how it was kept.

Interview Questions

Other reviews and the fund performance. The fees are atrocious and I can't ethically push people into 5% - 6% load funds with average-average high expense ratios.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in February 2009.

The interview process was short and seemed as if they were willing to hire anyone. It felt like they wanted me to get my family to buy products and offered no base pay or salary. Everything was full commission and no insight or detail was given to me of how that would be achieved.

Interview Questions
    • Relate your proudest achievement or any past achievement to how you will assist the company?   Answer Question