First Investors Corporation

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in October 2014.

One of the best interview experiences I have ever had. Very professional, but also very engaging. Took the time to address questions and gave a good presentation of what the company has to offer.

The first interview is a group interview where you meet other potential candidates and you watch a presentation about the company. Then you meet one on one with vice president or hiring manager. You are given a set of competency questions to take home and fill out.

The second interview they cover everything about the position and meet one on one with the hiring manager and go over your questions that you turn in. Your are then asked several additional questions about your background and asked give additional information.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult. They give you competency questions to take home and fill out for your second interview. I will note that don't put "graduating college" as one of your significant achievements.   Answer Question

It wasn't what I wanted to do at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for First Investors Corporation

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation in September 2014.

the application was very easy. they contacted me the next day for an interview. didn't like the job. it's a group interview at first then individual. The salary is not good for somebody that has a bachelors degree. it's 25,000 a year for the first year then 100% commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in March 2010.

Showed up for interview. I was also surprised that it was a group interview. The presentation had energy and liveliness. I disliked the idea of everyone competing to make themselves look good when going around the table, though I was selected for the second day part of the interview. It was a long presentation in my opinion.

Pros:
    Easy interview process
    Presenter and interviewers nice (though very pushy now that I look back. Or their term I saw used, "motivating")
    Sounds like a fun atmosphere with the perks

Cons:
    They'll take any college graduate
    Group interview *with competition games of you showing how you're so awesome*
    Pushy to get you to accept the offer....now now now!
    No financial knowledge required at all?
    Final interview office was messy in my opinion, and I was very surprised at how it was kept.

Interview Questions

Other reviews and the fund performance. The fees are atrocious and I can't ethically push people into 5% - 6% load funds with average-average high expense ratios.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in February 2009.

The interview process was short and seemed as if they were willing to hire anyone. It felt like they wanted me to get my family to buy products and offered no base pay or salary. Everything was full commission and no insight or detail was given to me of how that would be achieved.

Interview Questions
    • Relate your proudest achievement or any past achievement to how you will assist the company?   Answer Question