First Manhattan Consulting Group

www.fmcg.com

First Manhattan Consulting Group Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated May 30, 2014

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through career website. They contacted me by email to set up a phone interview. This was followed by another phone interview. Then they set up the in person interviews, which took 4.5 hours for the whole afternoon. 6 different people interviewed me from various levels of the company, all the way from someone who was currently an analyst to 3 of the vice presidents.

Interview Question – None. Purely personal questions and questions about resume   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Preferred trading and got a trading offer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had an on campus interview, 1:1 with a director. He is a very nice person, and I liked how he took time to read through the details of my resume. During the 30 minute interview he did give a case: If you are going to open a bank in this neighborhood, what factors would you consider and how are you going to attract customers?

Interview Question – Why First Manhattan Consulting Group?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Consulting Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – 4 interviews with people at different levels of the firm on site. Had a phone interview with one of the consultants who was away at a client engagement. Presentation of the firm after the interview.

Interview Questions

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – First round was one 1:1 Interview, fairly straightforward; final round was a full day of 7 45-minute interviews with current employees of various levels.

Interview Question – How many ATMs are there in the US?   View Answers (2)

Worked for First Manhattan Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!