First Mariner Bancorp Interview Questions & Reviews

Candidate Interview Review

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Mariner Bancorp in May 2012.

I applied online over the weekend and by Monday I got a call from HR. The interview was scheduled for Thursday afternoon with the HR manager.
    When I arrived for my interview I was greeted by the HR manager who was fantastic. She was very upbeat and friendly. At first I took what she called a "basic math" test. It was incredibly easy. I only got one question wrong and it was what I consider the "eye test" portion. It showed multiple numbers and you had to pick the two that were the same.
    I actually enjoyed my interview with her and the interview was "conversational." Although she did have to write down all of my answers word for word.
    She went over all of their benefits with me and went into their dress code in detail. The dress code was pretty common among banks: no tattoos showing, only one piercing in ears etc.
    At the end of the interview she announced that they were moving me along in the process. She arranged an interview for me the next day with the branch manager. When I left that interview with the HR manager, I was elated. I was sure that this is when I wanted to work.
    When I arrived at the branch the next day it was clear that it was their casual day. The branch manager was wearing jeans. She was very very casual. She invited the Teller Supervisor into the interview. She clearly did not follow their dress code. She had two visible tattoos and at least five piercings in her ears. I was dressed in a black business suit.
    The branch manager was friendly enough. The teller supervisor was very cold and unapproachable. I didn't know whether this was her regular demeanor or if she didn't like me. The interview itself was not that difficult. It was the people that were making me uncomfortable. I knew before I left the interview that I did not want to work there.
    It's clear that the feeling was mutual because I haven't heard anything.
    She told me that I would know by the following Thursday. That was almost two weeks ago and I haven't even received a "thank you for your interest" email

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Mariner Bancorp

Worked for First Mariner Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!