First Merchants Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

3.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Merchants.

Interview

I received a call the day after I submitted the application. I scheduled a phone interview and consented to a background and credit check. That process took about two weeks. I got another call asking me to schedule an in person interview for the branch I was applying for. I was offered the job three days later. After I was offered the job there was a two week wait until the next training class started. So quite lengthy if someone were looking for immediate employment.

CSA Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at First Merchants in April 2015.

Interview

Brief . was surprised at some of the questions that was asked. Interview did not go well but was told afterwards was real interested and wanted me onboard. Never contacted me directly but went through another party Kept pushing back hire date

Interview Questions

• if I COULD LIVE ON PLACE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD IT BE   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

applied online, phone interview then in person with hr and some lower management. Nothing impressive or interesting to share here. classic banking interview. too many people interviewing one person. it was 5 people.

Interview Questions

• what do you think about banking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negitiation

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Merchants.

Interview

2 interviews. Dress in a suit, be polite.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. Read common interview questions used and study behavioral interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation...the pay is not as competitive as most but the benefits are nice.

Credit Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Merchants (Columbus, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

I got an interview one month after I applied for this job posted on my school website. The initial interview was with the credit manager. A week later, I am invited in for a second round interview with their chief credit officer and another credit analyst. Mostly general questions and they are really nice. Last round interview was with the regional president and chief sales officer.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daleville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Merchants (Daleville, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

Application submitted, Called to schedule interview. Interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to our company?   1 Answer