First Midwest Bancorp

First Midwest Bancorp Interview Questions

2.9

Credit Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Midwest Bancorp in October 2011.

Got a call one night to set up an phone interview. Typical behaviorial questions and then got a call the next day to move on to an in person interview. In person interview was with my future manager a week later. At the end of the day I was informed I was accepted for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to go out of your way to help a customer?   View Answer
    • Name a time where you resolved an issue.   View Answer
    It was an unpaid internship. Nothing to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at First Midwest Bancorp in May 2010.

Overall, a positive experience for someone entering the workplace. It started out with a phone interview with a credit manager, and a skills test. The next step was interviewing at Itasca, IL the corporate headquarters. The interview process was very typical for the number of candiadates interviewing for a specific number of positions. It started off with a presentation, then rotation of 1:1 interviews, followed up with a group lunch to chat with credit analysts who are working their way through the program.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where working within a team you had a disagreement. How was it resolved?   Answer Question

CRMT - Commercial Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at First Midwest Bancorp in May 2010.

I interviewed with 2 other candidates at the company's headquarters. We each split off and had three 1:1 interviews with different people from the bank. Afterward, the candidates all had lunch together with a graduate from the program.

Questions Asked:

-Components of a balance sheet and income statement
    -Calculations of various financial ratios (ie. current ratio, TNW, etc)
    -business cycle
    -how seasonality will affect a business
    -Cash conversion cycle

Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Midwest Bancorp in October 2009.

The questions were mostly behavioral in nature ie how you would react in certain situations.

The interview is over the phone at first, if you are selected, then you have an interview with the branch manager. If you get called back on another day, you get asked pretty much the same questions except with a higher up boss.

Set starting wage was my understanding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Midwest Bancorp in March 2009.

The interview consisted of an initial phone interview with the internal recruiter just consisting of basic questions about my work and school experience. She was just looking to see if I would be a good fit. The second phone interview was with a potential direct manager. These questions were much more geared toward banking and finance. Basic questions like, "what's the different between a balance sheet and an income statement"; "explain what seasonality is". The final stage was a round robin interview with 3 separate 30 minute interviews that focus on how you have reacted in situations in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Explain seasonality and how that would affect a business and your lending decision.   Answer Question
    • What would you expect to see on the balance sheet of a manufactuing company?   Answer Question
    There was not a ton of room for negotiations, as there is a set range for the position. This is an entry-level position, but they tell you that the placement is close to where you live, but in fact you could be commuting to the north suburbs if you live in the city. This is a suburban bank.

Corportate HQ Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Midwest Bancorp.

They use the tried and true STAR method. A simple Google search will give you everything you need to know. Nothing too complex - just be able to give examples of situations.

Credit Analyst Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Midwest Bancorp in November 2010.

I got the first round interview through University Career website, the first round interview was mostly behavioral questions, so just have as many examples as possible, and take your time to answer the questions. The interviewer was very friendly, and took a lot of time to answer my questions. It took them about couple weeks to get back to me about the second round interview, and after second round, it took them more than a month to notify me if I got the offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between income statement and balance sheet?   Answer Question