First National Bank Omaha Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.6

Legal Interview

Interview

Interview process was quick and painless. It was a one-on-one interview with relatively few questions. However, it did take quite a while between when I applied and when I was hired. The whole process took roughly three months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First National Bank Omaha.

Interview

Standard process. Phone interview(s) then face to face with hiring manager, and then M.O.R. Usually H.R. will ask you the most basic questions, and they usually won't know what you are talking about when you answer.

Interview Questions

• Asking how I would cut loan losses in the division I would be working for. Very specific questions about methodology and strategy. Also, Asking about previous experience, trying to relate that to current position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

difficult. I started below the minimum range and got a market adjustment after awhile. I was in a weak negotiating position and they knew it, so they didn't budge even after I told them I had other offers.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank Omaha (Council Bluffs, IA).

Interview

I applied and they called me two weeks later. They set up an interview and it took about 30 minutes.They asked about me a little bit about myself, my long term and short term goals, my education and work experience, and why I'm interested in being a Teller. They called me back that same day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me, "Would you rather be the best person on the worst team, or the worst person on the best team?"   1 Answer
    • They also asked me, "Why 1st National?"   1 Answer
    • They wanted to know what I planned to do if I worked at First National for a year and still did not recieve any promotions. Would I leave or stay?   1 Answer
    • They had me sell a pen to them.   1 Answer
    • They asked me when was the last time you lost your temper?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me $11 an hour with the opportunity to make up to $12 after training. I have previously only made $8.50 so that sounded great to me. I accepted immediately.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank Omaha.

Interview

2-3 interview process. Took about a month

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank Omaha (Omaha, NE) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen was about 30 minutes going through details on my work experience. The onsite interview was with one person and covered professional experience, description of the job, and questions relating to how I would approach the job and responsibilities. I was given time to ask questions during the interview.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First National Bank Omaha (Omaha, NE) in January 2014.

Interview

It went really well with a few phone interviews that were decently technical. Then I was brought in for an on-site interview with the manager and their boss. It was a friendly interview and felt like a casual technical interview. The telephone interview went fine as well and didn't present too many scenarios about different topologies that I couldn't solve. It sounded like the other manager was familiar with Windows environments and we could both talk to each other about different technologies.

Interview Questions

• What are ways that you stay current in a Windows environment?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First National Bank Omaha.

Interview

You apply online, no paper application. You go to the main building and interview for the first one. They talk with branch managers immediatly if you qualify, and you get to chose which branch you would like to work at. Was hired all in the same day.

Interview Questions

• They would consider hiring me unless I worked until 7pm, or weekends   Answer Question

Negotiation

You had to work weekends, and late hours, whether you had children or not

Interview

It took 6 weeks and was very detailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate start date and salar.y

Commercial Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank Omaha (Omaha, NE) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview process in simple. They just ask you very generic question about your past experience. Basically just tell them what they want to hear

Negotiation

It was an hourly base position. If you worked the night shift, you were paid more.

Treasury Services Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at First National Bank Omaha (Omaha, NE) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was thurough and multi-leveled. I had an opportunity to not only meet with my future boss but also members of the executive team. Once an offer was extended they were quick to follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Create a business case for an alternative structure for the department?   Answer Question