First National Bank Omaha

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.5

Legal Interview

Interview process was quick and painless. It was a one-on-one interview with relatively few questions. However, it did take quite a while between when I applied and when I was hired. The whole process took roughly three months.

Portfolio Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First National Bank Omaha.

Standard process. Phone interview(s) then face to face with hiring manager, and then M.O.R. Usually H.R. will ask you the most basic questions, and they usually won't know what you are talking about when you answer.

Interview Questions
    • Asking how I would cut loan losses in the division I would be working for. Very specific questions about methodology and strategy. Also, Asking about previous experience, trying to relate that to current position.   Answer Question
    difficult. I started below the minimum range and got a market adjustment after awhile. I was in a weak negotiating position and they knew it, so they didn't budge even after I told them I had other offers.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Council Bluffs, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Council Bluffs, IA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First National Bank Omaha.

I applied and they called me two weeks later. They set up an interview and it took about 30 minutes.They asked about me a little bit about myself, my long term and short term goals, my education and work experience, and why I'm interested in being a Teller. They called me back that same day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me, "Would you rather be the best person on the worst team, or the worst person on the best team?"   View Answer
    • They also asked me, "Why 1st National?"   View Answer
    • They wanted to know what I planned to do if I worked at First National for a year and still did not recieve any promotions. Would I leave or stay?   View Answer
    • They had me sell a pen to them.   View Answer
    • They asked me when was the last time you lost your temper?   View Answer
    They offered me $11 an hour with the opportunity to make up to $12 after training. I have previously only made $8.50 so that sounded great to me. I accepted immediately.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First National Bank Omaha.

2-3 interview process. Took about a month

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at First National Bank Omaha.

You apply online, no paper application.
    You go to the main building and interview for the first one. They talk with branch managers immediatly if you qualify, and you get to chose which branch you would like to work at.
    Was hired all in the same day.

Interview Questions
    • They would consider hiring me unless I worked until 7pm, or weekends   Answer Question
    You had to work weekends, and late hours, whether you had children or not

Account Representative Interview

It took 6 weeks and was very detailed.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate start date and salar.y

Commercial Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First National Bank Omaha in November 2012.

Interview process in simple. They just ask you very generic question about your past experience. Basically just tell them what they want to hear

It was an hourly base position. If you worked the night shift, you were paid more.

Treasury Services Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at First National Bank Omaha in June 2011.

The interview process was thurough and multi-leveled. I had an opportunity to not only meet with my future boss but also members of the executive team. Once an offer was extended they were quick to follow-up.

Interview Questions
    • Create a business case for an alternative structure for the department?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at First National Bank Omaha in October 2010.

One one the phone. Very detailed technical. No case interview(i mean no Cap-One style business case). No written tests. On the date of on site interview I came in super early and there were at least 6 rounds of on site interviews with senior management. Post that I was given an offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • They gave a "hypothetical Business problem" which BTW was their real life problem e.g. how would you analytically design the credit line increase strategy   Answer Question

Branch Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First National Bank Omaha in November 2011.

started with hr contact through a phone call, and meeting with DM.