First National Bank of America

1 candidate interview
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loan Counselor Interview

East Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at First National Bank of America in May 2007.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by three different people: the manager of the credit services department, the supervisor of the credit services department, and then the floor supervisor. All three basically just gave me the run-down of the job, asked me if I would be able to handle a very monotonous job, and then gave general situations such as "If a customer told you they couldn't pay but you knew they had to by the end of the month, how would you handle the situation?" As long as you prove that you are a leader and able to put your foot down and be customer service oriented yet strong-willed and give "tough love," you'll be fine. The people interviewing were a little intimidating. Besides the face-to-face interviews, they give you a timed skill assessment that tests your grammar and basic math skills, and then a personality assessment that is easy to pass.

Interview Question – A customer gives you a reason for why they cannot pay (i.e., they are ill, they are on a fixed income, they had a tragic death in the family). How do you respond?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was nothing really to negotiate. The pay is $10/hour, no raises. They start you off at around 25 hours a week and reward your hard work with more hours. I easily was upgraded to 40.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for First National Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First National Bank of America interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by First National Bank of America employees and interview candidates.