First Niagara Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.6

Personal Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cohoes, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Cohoes, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I had a strong phone interview with HR in Buffalo over the phone. I was told the Regional Sales Mgr would call me at a certain date and time. He failed to call, and I followed up with HR to reschedule. He again failed to call on the second scheduled date and time. Then the HR called me with a third appointment. A Regional Sales Mgr called me from the wrong region, apologized, and since then, HR has yet to respond to my email.

L&D Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

The internal candidates do not get updates on applications from HR. Even with prompt, courteous, and continuous inquiries from the applicants the HR reps will not get back to the individuals, even to simply say "we are still reviewing" or "you are not qualified". There is such a lack of communication it is shameful. Also, when applying for positions, it is secretive as to "what you actually do". Hiring managers will say your day to day varies and not give you specifics on what you'll actually be doing if hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are qualified to receive compensation at this level when you currently do not make this amount?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Buffalo, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I received an email from a person who wanted to do a phone interview. We agreed on a time and had the interview. The HR person did change the interview time the Friday before the interview. Then when the HR person called me, she asked if it was still a good time for the interview. Some of the interview parts was ask about resume, what I have been doing? Where do I see myself down the road, past salary history). Shockley didn't ask me about what I did know about the FNG which I had my information all ready for that. At the end HR person said I would hear back from them within the next week. I received an email saying I did not get an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your past job? Where do you see yourself down the road?   Answer Question

Licensed Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (West Haven, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Interviews Brokerage Manager Interview 2:1 Banking Center Manager & FA The first 2 interviews went great, The Branch Manager/FA interview was not so great. When you are told the training is horrible you kinda get deterred.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

Great interview process. Spoke with HR person, scheduled interview with BM and RSM. Discussed position as well a career paths. Found this program is much more mature than its' peers. PFA, to Sr. PFA, to Junior FC, to FC is the potential career path. The first 3 positions listed are one's that you can reach by hitting higher production levels and you don't need to wait for any openings. The future is yours at FNFG.

Interview Questions

• What would the first 90 days in this position look like for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Chicopee, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

It was ok. Had a really good meet and greet with the mgr. of the bank but wasnt hired. He then told me to go to another branch and apply which I did and went to ANOTHER interview and wasn't offered the job. What a waste of time and effort!!

Head Teller Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial in November 2009.

Interview

Applied for the job through an internet posting. I was then called by HR recruiter and asked a short set of behavioral interview questions. After about 5-7 days received a call from the branch manager of the branch I had interviewed for and was called in for a 1:1. A few days after the interview, I was called by HR in which they extended the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with a difficult/irrate customer and how to did you overcome this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little to know negotiating for jobs such as tellers. For higher paying positions and management there is more of an opportunity to negotiate your wage.

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Buffalo, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Interesting interview process. They had expanded upon the idea of speed dating and implemented it in their interview process. 5 minutes each with 6 interviewers. Each interviewer had a different tact/approach. So the questions would be radically different, such as 'Please walk me through your resume' from one interviewer would be followed by 'Which animal do you resume?' from another and so on and so forth.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

I received a call from HR. HR then scheduled an appointment to have a phone interview. After the phone interview the HR representative then scheduled me to meet with the branch manager. After meeting with the branch manager i received the call from the HR representative about 2 weeks later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They sent you an offer contract with your wage and its either you accepted or declined.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial in June 2010.

Interview

They want to hear that you can refer and sell products.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got a call from recruiting within a few days and discussed pay and starting date.