First Niagara Financial

www.firstniagara.com

First Niagara Financial Personal Financial Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Financial Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview Details – In the hiring process, you submit your application online (like any other company today). You will get a call from a recruiter in Buffalo who will do an initial phone screen with you. If the recruiter thinks you are a good fit, they will schedule you with a phone conversation (not so much an interview as a what-to-expect from this position call) with the regional sales representative. You will then have an interview with the local branch manager and the area financial adviser. If they approve, you'll have a formal interview with the regional sales manager. At that point, you'll go through due diligence from the broker/dealer before receiving an offer from the company. From application to starting date, the process took about 5 1/2 weeks.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. You must go into the interviews understanding this is a sales job and they're looking for someone that has and can continue to make sales.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Cohoes, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Niagara Financial in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had a strong phone interview with HR in Buffalo over the phone. I was told the Regional Sales Mgr would call me at a certain date and time. He failed to call, and I followed up with HR to reschedule. He again failed to call on the second scheduled date and time. Then the HR called me with a third appointment. A Regional Sales Mgr called me from the wrong region, apologized, and since then, HR has yet to respond to my email.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in five years?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at First Niagara Financial in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview took so long because of scheduling difficulties with scheduling. Phone interview with recruiter, then regional manager, then face-to-face with financial consultant and branch manager together as a group. Interview was very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions

Worked for First Niagara Financial? Contribute to the Community!