First Niagara Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst
Lockport, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at First Niagara Financial in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied to the job in September. In October I got a 1/2 hour phone screen that I thought went well. In November I had an in person interview. I interviewed with the head of the Project Management Office (PMO) and and a Project Manager that reported to her. Each interview was about 1 hour. They explained what the job was about . They spent more time talking about the job and I don't feel like l was asked that many questions. I feel like I really hit it off with the manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a 3 month trial contract position to see if it would work out. The contract rate was not negotiable. The contract included no benefits though I had access to buy them (at a high price). After 4 weeks as a contractor we mutually agreed to moving forward with converting me to a permanent employee. The salary offered was the same as the contract. I was told non-negotiable, as was the vacation.

Worked for First Niagara Financial? Contribute to the Community!