First Quality Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.8

Senior IT Postion Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Quality (Great Neck, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process dragged on for 2 months and included online personality test, multiple phone interviews and multiple in person interviews. All of the actual interviews were very relevant to the position and I enjoyed meeting the people, however, communication after interviews was extremely inconsistent especially from the corporate recruiters in South Carolina who wouldn't keep you updated on the hiring process or return emails. It almost felt like the recruiters and hiring manager weren't in sync with one another. Was told by the hiring manager directly that I would definitely hear back from them within 3 weeks and despite 5 weeks passing and no response to my thank you email, radio silence. Was very disappointed in the lack of communication and respect for the time I dedicated to multiple interviews. I was extremely interested in the position but my enthusiasm died down as time went on finally to the point where I was no longer interested in the position and informed them of so.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at First Quality.

Interview

Three month process with three different on site interview locations. Met with HR team, Sales, and Marketing team members and other cross functional team members. None of the questions were difficult. People interviewing were very nice and professional.

Not enough money

Maint Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Quality (Columbia, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Was in interview with HR and Dept rep. Asked specific questions related to maint issues. Was very knowledgeable of the skills that they were looking for. Asked for details related to resume and previous jobs as they related to maint issues.

Interview Questions

• Have you every supervised other employees.   1 Answer

control tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First Quality in August 2014.

Interview

they were very complete on all subjects and very nice and considerate. they done a background check on me and a physical and drug test.I went to 2 interviews before getting a offer. after I accepted there offer I was working within 2 weeks.the whole first week was orientation and getting to know the company which was very helpful in starting my new job.

Negotiation

it was easy and to the point

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Quality.

Interview

I was interviewed by 6 people over the course of 3 hours. Some of them were not interested some of them were. Pretty good experience.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you were doing a group project and someone didn't complete their work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interns don't get options.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Quality (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a phone and in person interview. The people were very nice and friendly and answered all of my questions

Interview Questions

• Nothing was asked that I was not expecting. Nothing was too hard to answer either. I guess the one that took the most time was the 3 most important things when working in a lab.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was quick. I gave all of my negotiations and they got back to me within a couple days.

Project Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lock Haven, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at First Quality (Lock Haven, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

I first reached out to the hiring manager via email and was promptly replied to. After a few electronic messages back and forth, including a resume submission, we set up a phone interview. This first phone interview was with human resources and was basically a screening to judge communication ability. Afterwards, another more comprehensive phone interview was scheduled with two senior engineers at the company. This went rather well and I was invited for an on-site interview within two weeks. The on-site interview comprised of two rounds with three or four people in each round. As with the phone interviews, the first round was more personnel related and the second round was technical. I was offered the position within the week.

Interview Questions

• They made sure that you knew what you were talking about technically. Since this is a manufacturing business, know-how with machines and related terminology is a huge help. The usual questions regarding strengths and weaknesses were asked, along with previously conquered challenges, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Quality (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied to this position through the career center at my university. I was contacted within 5 days of sending in my resume. I did a brief interview over the phone and then was invited in to interview with an HR representative, the head electrical engineer, and the head of the engineering team.

Interview Questions

• Why would it make sense to have multiple power substations located inside of a manufacturing plant?   Answer Question

Paper Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at First Quality (Anderson, SC) in January 2012.

Interview

The Interview was pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• Working 12 hour shifts every other weekend and Holidays   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to Negotiate as An Hourly employee

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at First Quality (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Too long a process. One must go through an initial phone interview. Then an interview with HR and all the staff managers of the plant, the head of operations and the head of the facility. Then they all get together, compare notes and make a decision.

Interview Questions

• They ask all behavioral based questions. I cannot remember which was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.